Playoffs D6R21 #8 Fredericktown vs. #4 Paint Valley

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Playoffs D6R21 #8 Fredericktown vs. #4 Paint Valley

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i want ya'll to know something. yesterday i went with a neighborhood friend to golden corral for the veterans day meal in chilli. and the place was a beehive. and there were yellow and black shirts everywhere, taking folks plates, bringing them food and drinks. and i was as proud of them and whomever was behind it as i was the troops.i think they may have been ROTC.but there was a mess of em. all extremely polite n cordial.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SO KUDOS TO PAINT VALLEY AND WHOEVER SET THIS UP FOR THESE YOUNG'UNS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BEAT THE FREDDIES YA'LL.

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

ok where is this game being played , can't remember . thanks

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Hamilton twp

Hitops2.0
Varsity

Post by Hitops2.0 »

icanpickem wrote:Hamilton twp

Aha thanks

TheWarrior
Waterboy

Post by TheWarrior »

Good luck Coach Hollon and the Bearcats! Make the SVC proud!

TheWarrior
Waterboy

Post by TheWarrior »

Good luck Coach Hollon and the Bearcats! Make the SVC proud!

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to PV.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

This one is a toss up. I'm going with Paint Valley by 6.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good luck Paint Valley!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I KNOW I'VE SAID IT A COUPLE TIMES , BUT GOOD LUCK TO YA'LL.

Tribal Force
Riding the Bench

Post by Tribal Force »

Good Luck Paint Valley. We hope to see you next week :D

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Pulling for the Bearcats!

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

It's time for Zunardo's Guide For First-Time Visitors To Hamilton Township High School! (and welcome back Fredericktown fans, it was a pleasure hosting your team in 2010.

The high school building is actually located at 1105 Rathmell Rd.“ you can either use Columbus OH or Obetz OH, either one is accurate for mapping. You may see an older address of 4995 Lockbourne Rd in some listings, that was the address of the old high school building, which is now a parking lot adjacent to the current building.

Fredericktown fans - “ if you use a GPS or Google Maps or similar and choose to come around I-270 on the east side of Columbus, it will probably tell you to take exit # 49 to Alum Creek Dr, then to Rathmell Rd. CAUTION: Rathmell takes a number of twists and turns through the village of Reese before it straightens out. For a first-timer, it can be confusing, and especially so as it gets dark. If you are using a quality smartphone and are confident in Siri's ability to guide you, no problem.

However, if you would like a simpler route, change your exit on I-270 to the next one past Alum Creek Dr - #52B, which is US 23 (S. High St) , which will go south - drive for 1.2 miles, turn left on Rathmell Rd for 1.7 miles, and presto - Robert is married to your aunt. The stadium and parking lot will be on your right. Very simple and direct.

Paint Valley fans should have it fairly easy. Once you're on US 23 in Franklin County and cross SR 665 / 317, drive 2.1 miles (going past Scioto Downs racino), turn right on Rathmell Rd for 1.7 miles, and the stadium and parking lot will be on your right.

There is an old one-room brick schoolhouse on the corner of Rathmell and US 23 to use as a landmark for that intersection.

PARKING -“ cost to park in the school lots has been $2.00 for all previous playoff games, assume it will be so tomorrow. The main parking lot is next to the high school (west side), and is right next to the stadium. There is overflow parking in the front of the school and on the east side of the building, adjacent to Lockbourne Rd. NOTE: you will see a church just before you get to the stadium, they MAY offer parking for $5.00. They are not affiliated with the school. Please do not post any feigned outrage or sanctimonious complaints as to what the church decides to charge. It is their property, they have been very good neighbors to the school over their years, and have allowed the school to use their property for many school functions free of charge. They are not a wealthy church, and this is a badly needed fundraiser if they do charge for parking.

RESTROOMS - the main facility is in the tan brick building on home side, toward the tennis courts. There will be a couple of port-a-johns on the visitors side (sorry, plans are in the works for a new visitors concession building with attached restrooms, but has not come to fruition yet)

CONCESSION -“ stands on both home and visitor sides. Very good shredded chicken sandwiches, also hamburgers, fries, hot dogs, brats. Visitors concession often will have home-cooked chicken noodles and soups.

If you travel early and want to stop somewhere for dinner in the southern Columbus area:

For homestyle cooking, look for the Portside Cafe on the west side of US 23, just south of SR 665 / 317 (next door to an RV lot). For different fare, go north on US 23 (S. High St) from the I-270 interchange, and you will see eating establishments on both sides of the road for the next 1.25 miles, culminating with the Ohio Deli (as seen on the Man vs. Food show).. The standard fast-food places are mostly on the left/west side of US 23. Most of the sit-down restaurants will be on the right (east) side of the road: Bob Evans, a Chinese buffet, a Mexican restaurant, but there is a Ponderosa steakhouse and buffet on the left. The Ohio Deli is at the intersection of S. High and Williams Rd. If you want to go another mile or so further, there is a very nice Cantonese place called the Rice Bowl on the right, just before you hit SR 104.

To get back to the high school stadium, just go back south on US 23 (called S. High St) - once you are past I-270, go 1.2 miles before turning left on Rathmell Rd.

Have a safe trip!

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Won't be the same hearing another voice coming over the pa

Bottoms Dweller
Waterboy

Post by Bottoms Dweller »

I think this is going to be a tight game fought to the end. Would be great to see a Bearcat and Valley final.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Hate to tell you this Zunardo, but the Ohio Deli is gone, burned to the ground about a year ago and the owners elected not to rebuild. Just drove by on Monday night and nothing but a concrete pad sitting there.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

Steely Dan wrote:Hate to tell you this Zunardo, but the Ohio Deli is gone, burned to the ground about a year ago and the owners elected not to rebuild. Just drove by on Monday night and nothing but a concrete pad sitting there.
D'oh! Thanks for the steely eye, Steely Dan. Can you tell I was in a hurry when I copied and pasted that from another thread? :mrgreen: I was doing good just to change the school names. Yes, doggone it, the OD is history. There has been a sign in front of the lot for a couple months now advertising that it will be rebuilt at a new location, but I haven't heard any more.

Zunardo
Freshman Team

Post by Zunardo »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:Won't be the same hearing another voice coming over the pa
I know the guy filling in tomorrow night will do just fine, he does a great job calling HT's baseball games and also soccer. He's also the regular spotter during the football season, so you'll be able to keep track of every play. ;)

Return to “Football”