Waverly 35 Minford 0

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK9 Waverly (7-1) @ Minford (5-3)

Post by smurray »

vladimir wrote:
smurray wrote:
The Flush wrote:What does the 2007 Waverly defense have to do with the 2010 Waverly defense? Completely different players and different head coach.
Vladimir brought it up and I was explaining why Westfall was able to run it down the Tigers throat that night. The Tiger defense was decimated with injuries. The 2016 Tiger defense does not have as many linebacker studs as the 2007 squad so losing Harris was a big blow.

Spot on. As both run similar offenses, If Harris isn't playing Friday night, Minford maybe looking to the same game plan as Westfall did back in 2007. Westfall's FB ate Waverly alive and the 2007 team had some great LBs. Also, I think Waverly was running the 3-5-3 defense.
I think you're right, I think it was the 3-5-3. Tigers had the LB's for that back then but then injuries killed them in the playoffs against Westfall.
Tigers will make some adjustments to their defense with Harris out, have had a week to make those changes and adjustments.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly leads 35-0 in the pickems contest. Either there aren't any Minford posters in the pickems contest or they don't believe what they are saying here, lol.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

smurray wrote:Waverly leads 35-0 in the pickems contest. Either there aren't any Minford posters in the pickems contest or they don't believe what they are saying here, lol.
I have not picked yet sir ;)

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I'm not a part of the pickem contest but I'll make it right here, right now. Minford in an upset.

With heavy rain moving in for the night and most of the day tomorrow, it will make this a more interesting game. At home in the grass and mud, I think the weather report favors the Falcons.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

knowledge wrote:
smurray wrote:Waverly leads 35-0 in the pickems contest. Either there aren't any Minford posters in the pickems contest or they don't believe what they are saying here, lol.
I'll have to see who you pick.

LMC
Waterboy

Post by LMC »

So Harris is definitely out for this game? Anyone know the timetable for his return?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

vladimir wrote:I'm not a part of the pickem contest but I'll make it right here, right now. Minford in an upset.

With heavy rain moving in for the night and most of the day tomorrow, it will make this a more interesting game. At home in the grass and mud, I think the weather report favors the Falcons.
Calling for PM thunderstorms (today) and am showers tomorrow (Friday)
Earlier in the week they were calling for storms Wednesday and Thursday. That didn't happen around these parts. Storms missed us for the most part last night. Weather can tend to me a neutralizer so we'll see how the weather plays out.
Tigers have played 6 of their 8 games on turf. The two games on grass were week #1 at 6-2 Piketon and week 3 at 6-2 Unioto. Weather has not been an issue at any of the games thus far.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LMC wrote:So Harris is definitely out for this game? Anyone know the timetable for his return?
He hasn't been able to practice this week.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

who are Waverly's assistants?

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

smurray wrote:
knowledge wrote:

It is done sir. 8-)

Roy rogers
Waterboy

Post by Roy rogers »

no upset here , unless waverly turns it over 6 times, waverly too much talent even if harris dont play. so if rain and mud are supposed to effect waverly isnt minford a spread team also ?

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Roy rogers wrote:no upset here , unless waverly turns it over 6 times, waverly too much talent even if harris dont play. so if rain and mud are supposed to effect waverly isnt minford a spread team also ?
Waverly might be more athletic then Minford but I give the Falcons the nod in physicality. Minford is more suited player wise to line up and play power football in the mud then Waverly's finesse personnel. Bleeding Red could answer for sure.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

Pulling for Waverly.....need them at 8-1 when they travel to Bidwell in week 10....Go Tigers!

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Good luck Minford
Give em hell

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I'm still seeing Waverly as the underdogs in this one. The Tigers are going to have to play lights-out and the defense is really going to have to step up and play their best game of the season.

Never an easy place to play especially with questionable field conditions. Waverly has got to be ready to play from the start. Pulling hard for the Tigers!! This is going to be one tough game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

knowledge wrote:
smurray wrote:
knowledge wrote:

It is done sir. 8-)
Wow! I think you are the only one taking the Falcons in the pickems.

Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

Poor mouthing is not necessary this week.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

toast wrote:I'm still seeing Waverly as the underdogs in this one. The Tigers are going to have to play lights-out and the defense is really going to have to step up and play their best game of the season.

Never an easy place to play especially with questionable field conditions. Waverly has got to be ready to play from the start. Pulling hard for the Tigers!! This is going to be one tough game.
:lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Burg grad 85
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE WAVERLY TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GET ER DONE WAVERLY TIGERS.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”