East 42 Symmes Valley 0

Blue33
Freshman Team

Re: WK9 Symmes Valley (2-6) @ East (8-0)

Post by Blue33 »

SEOPlegend wrote:
Blue33 wrote:Am I guessing wrong or is he from Northwest?
He is from Oak Hill
SOC 1 is for smaller schools..just about all D7...If someone from a D5 wants to bash a D7 school that beat them please by all means step up to SOC2 and state your case.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Jason Vorhees wrote:This East team isn't big outside of Scott, isn't overly fast outside of Brown (who could play on any team in SE Ohio; great athlete) isn't a great receiving team outside of Bruton, and Rowe isn't this eye-popping quarterback; however, they play with a tremendous amount of heart, play the most physical brand of football (sometimes chippy but that's what happens when you play that physical) and swarm to the ball on defense. This game will be over at halftime. East 60 Symmes 8. East could win a playoff game, maybe two this postseason. I walked away last week highly impressed that their coaching staff gets the most out of each individual player and their individual talent.
Lowe is East QB, has a nice arm

GO EAGLES
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:East is a very good team but in 2 years the competition will be up to east level teams like Symmes Valley and Green and northwest will be loaded
They might be better but "loaded" is hardly the word I'd use.

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

keepinitreal wrote:Like u it is cool I went to both burg and grad from East! It's AWESOME that both teams are top in both SOC!!! I played on the East Team that played against Burg in 91 and we all kno that story! I'd love to see these 2 schools back each other no reason not to!!!!
What was East's record against the SOC II that year? 2-2?

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 »

The Oaf wrote:
Jeremy ghs05 wrote:East is a very good team but in 2 years the competition will be up to east level teams like Symmes Valley and Green and northwest will be loaded
i agree with you brother ... Symmes Valley is only losing 3 seniors to graduation out of the whole team and they just got one of there best lineman/defensive players back last week and the CG transfers came in two weeks ago... Symmes Valley is gonna have 8 of 11 starters back on both sides of the ball next year plus Austin Waugh will be back , he had a season ending knee injury... He quite possibly is one of the best unknown players in this area and he is a tremendous D back...watch out for the Vikings next year that's all I can say cuz with that whole team basically coming back and getting better by far each week I look for this game to be closer than most might think... Symmes Valley 31 East 28 in the biggest upset in ohsaa football this year ... Go Vikings...

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 »

There is a reason these games are played on Friday nights, and never ever count an opponent out on any given Friday night cuz in high school football teams get better week by week and this Symmes Valley team has certainly did that ... They have been injury plagued and short handed all year and will still be without 2 of there better players this week ... One due to injury and the other due to a poor call in the game last week and he got ejected... Still yet I believe this team has grown so much over the last few weeks I believe they are ready to pull off this upset , and even if they do not win it will not be a blow out like most think...Go Vikings

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

UK2016 wrote:There is a reason these games are played on Friday nights, and never ever count an opponent out on any given Friday night cuz in high school football teams get better week by week and this Symmes Valley team has certainly did that ... They have been injury plagued and short handed all year and will still be without 2 of there better players this week ... One due to injury and the other due to a poor call in the game last week and he got ejected... Still yet I believe this team has grown so much over the last few weeks I believe they are ready to pull off this upset , and even if they do not win it will not be a blow out like most think...Go Vikings
Don't care what kind of season you are having. You don't lose to this years Green team and even come close to beating East. 55-0

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 »

Mailman wrote:
UK2016 wrote:There is a reason these games are played on Friday nights, and never ever count an opponent out on any given Friday night cuz in high school football teams get better week by week and this Symmes Valley team has certainly did that ... They have been injury plagued and short handed all year and will still be without 2 of there better players this week ... One due to injury and the other due to a poor call in the game last week and he got ejected... Still yet I believe this team has grown so much over the last few weeks I believe they are ready to pull off this upset , and even if they do not win it will not be a blow out like most think...Go Vikings
Don't care what kind of season you are having. You don't lose to this years Green team and even come close to beating East. 55-0
I never said our season was great this year , I said they are getting better each week and have added 3 outstanding players to there roster since week 5 and this game will be closer than most think ... They better beat us this year lol cuz its been about 9 years since it has happened and we have beat East by a score avg of 40-11 during that stretch so get ya some of those apples Mail man lol

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 »

Mailman wrote:
I never said our season was great this year , I said they are getting better each week and have added 3 outstanding players to there roster since week 5 and this game will be closer than most think ... They better beat us this year lol cuz its been about 9 years since it has happened and we have beat East by a score avg of 40-11 during that stretch so get ya some of those apples Mail man lol... That's just a little food for thought there brother ... The last 3 years were 98-20 lol so yea I guess there is a possibility that East might just win one this year... I still say its closer than most think ... The athletes that were added from transfer are A list type athletes and would start for any team in the area and you mesh them with a young talented team that is finding there way I just smell the recipe for a nice Upset is all I'm saying ... I'm sure if I'm wrong I will hear about it on this forum lol

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Prayers for an injury free game, East has bigger fish to fry. One week at a time but in all honesty I don't think it will be within 4 scores but I could be wrong, these are kids and East has been know to shoot themselves in the foot from time to time. To be continued 48-12 East symms scores on reserves late.

UK2016
Waterboy

Post by UK2016 »

asb wrote:Prayers for an injury free game, East has bigger fish to fry. One week at a time but in all honesty I don't think it will be within 4 scores but I could be wrong, these are kids and East has been know to shoot themselves in the foot from time to time. To be continued 48-12 East symms scores on reserves late.
I agree with you on the prayers for an injury free game ya legend ... That's definitely the most important thing ... I also believe East makes a nice run in the playoffs, I am just saying do not overlook this group of Vikings they are coming to a Stadium near you tomorrow night ya blessing ...

High Roller
Riding the Bench

Post by High Roller »

Saying the CG transfers could start anywhere in the area is laughable.

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

Blue33 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
Blue33 wrote:Am I guessing wrong or is he from Northwest?
He is from Oak Hill
SOC 1 is for smaller schools..just about all D7...If someone from a D5 wants to bash a D7 school that beat them please by all means step up to SOC2 and state your case.
Every time we talk about the Oaks It always comes back to Oak Hill stepping up and playing the SOC2. If they were traditionally going to be 4-6 I’m sure this would never come up. Oak Hills opponents are a combined 50-20 on the year compared to East opponents being 24-56. Lets not drink the Tartan cool aid just yet.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

UK2016 wrote:
The Oaf wrote:
i agree with you brother ... Symmes Valley is only losing 3 seniors to graduation out of the whole team and they just got one of there best lineman/defensive players back last week and the CG transfers came in two weeks ago... Symmes Valley is gonna have 8 of 11 starters back on both sides of the ball next year plus Austin Waugh will be back , he had a season ending knee injury... He quite possibly is one of the best unknown players in this area and he is a tremendous D back...watch out for the Vikings next year that's all I can say cuz with that whole team basically coming back and getting better by far each week I look for this game to be closer than most might think... Symmes Valley 31 East 28 in the biggest upset in ohsaa football this year ... Go Vikings...
I was referring to using "loaded" to describe teams like Green, Northwest, etc. not my first choice of wording there.....

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

Noodle319 wrote:
Blue33 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote: He is from Oak Hill
Every time we talk about the Oaks It always comes back to Oak Hill stepping up and playing the SOC2. If they were traditionally going to be 4-6 I’m sure this would never come up. Oak Hills opponents are a combined 50-20 on the year compared to East opponents being 24-56. Lets not drink the Tartan cool aid just yet.
Yeah but East plays teams that they should play, The Oaks do not playing multiple teams 2 divisions lower.

BLUE AND WHITE
Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Mark my words it's going to be a fight at the top of the soc 1 in 2 years with Green,Northwest,Symmes Valley and I'm not to impressed with east sophomore class just yet just to be honest but it could turn around in 2 years but it will be a competitive league then....

Noodle319
Freshman Team

Post by Noodle319 »

SEOPlegend wrote:
Noodle319 wrote:
Blue33 wrote: SOC 1 is for smaller schools..just about all D7...If someone from a D5 wants to bash a D7 school that beat them please by all means step up to SOC2 and state your case.
Yeah but East plays teams that they should play, The Oaks do not playing multiple teams 2 divisions lower.
For conversation, where do they go and if you move the Oaks what about Northwest? And all of our non conference teams would beat East.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:Mark my words it's going to be a fight at the top of the soc 1 in 2 years with Green,Northwest,Symmes Valley and I'm not to impressed with east sophomore class just yet just to be honest but it could turn around in 2 years but it will be a competitive league then....
I think it's a pretty competitive league now. East will be good again next year and the aforementioned schools will continue to show improvement as well. Could get very crowded at the top next year.

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Noodle319 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
Noodle319 wrote:
For conversation, where do they go and if you move the Oaks what about Northwest? And all of our non conference teams would beat East.
Personally I think OH and NW are right where they need to be. Both are "big" schools in enrollment only. Logistics problems have already been noted and explained so no need to take it any further.

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

Noodle319 wrote:
SEOPlegend wrote:
Noodle319 wrote:
I don't think so, Burg for sure but you have to realize 2 touchdowns were called back for East against Oak Hill and the boys didn't play good at all, East was the way better team. Not to mention they haven't had the number 2 lineman in the state all year.

BLUE AND WHITE

Return to “Football”