Site Admin

Notre Dame 27 Fayetteville 0

Post by mattash »

Big match up for the Titans, thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
js7_22
Varsity

Re: WK9 Notre Dame (6-2) @ Fayetteville (6-2)

Post by js7_22 »

Gonna be a good match up between both teams. Fayetteville is 6-2 in Division 6, Notre Dame 6-2 in Division 7.

Notre Dame needs this to get into the playoffs for sure, a lot L2 points on the line for both teams. The same matchup between both and Manchester were lopsided victories that can't be judged at all.

Notre Dame has got to throw the ball more than what they are doing. In the last few games, they have thrown the ball once for a touchdown and completely abandon it for the rest of the game.

Gotta think Sam Kayser will have 20-25 touches this game as he leads the Southeastern area in rushing and is a favorite to go back-to-back SOC Back of the Year. Isiah Johnson is a hard nose rusher and will run you over.

This will be the Titans toughest opponent to date.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Nd wins by 10

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well, not seeing where ND has played or I should say beaten anyone this year. They beat an improved Eastern squad. Other then that both losses came at the hands of teams with winning records. Only wins outside of Eastern are to teams with losing records. I think that trend continues and ND get's beat by 14

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Fayetteville has beat 2 teams winning records, ND 1. Fayetteville's 2 losses were to a .500 record team and a losing record team. ND lost to a 2 division higher team and the #5 team in region by a TD in the last minute. Having said that, Fayetteville is a division higher and pretty good. I think it's close. Not picking a winner.

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

Us East fans needs Notre Dame to win this one. I don't know to much about Fayetteville but ND has a lot of potential and running back Sam Kaser is a truck load to handle. Hopefully they can get the win!

BLUE AND WHITE
js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Mailman wrote:Fayetteville has beat 2 teams winning records, ND 1. Fayetteville's 2 losses were to a .500 record team and a losing record team. ND lost to a 2 division higher team and the #5 team in region by a TD in the last minute. Having said that, Fayetteville is a division higher and pretty good. I think it's close. Not picking a winner.
You've done some home work, I like that. Others should start doing the same before they post.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mailman wrote:Fayetteville has beat 2 teams winning records, ND 1. Fayetteville's 2 losses were to a .500 record team and a losing record team. ND lost to a 2 division higher team and the #5 team in region by a TD in the last minute. Having said that, Fayetteville is a division higher and pretty good. I think it's close. Not picking a winner.
Yeah Bethel Tate 4-4 division higher and played in week 2, lost to a Williamsburg team on the road by 4 a game that they'd love to have back. Won 4 straight including beating the 2 teams with winning records. You picked a winner even if you didn't come right out and say it. Me I'll stick with my prediction Fayetteville by 2 scores. If ND can get Kayser going and hold onto the ball could be a low scoring and closer game than I'm predicting. Will definitely be a hard hitting game won down in the trenches with both teams having ground and pound playing styles.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

greygoose wrote:
Yeah Bethel Tate 4-4 division higher and played in week 2, lost to a Williamsburg team on the road by 4 a game that they'd love to have back. Won 4 straight including beating the 2 teams with winning records. You picked a winner even if you didn't come right out and say it. Me I'll stick with my prediction Fayetteville by 2 scores. If ND can get Kayser going and hold onto the ball could be a low scoring and closer game than I'm predicting. Will definitely be a hard hitting game won down in the trenches with both teams having ground and pound playing styles.
You may be right. Fayetteville is huge!!! Line averages about 6-3 250. Turnovers will be key for ND. If they turn it over they have no chance. 0 turnovers they may be able to hang in there and then you never know.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

Fayetteville-22

ND-21

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

greygoose wrote:
Not sure about the ground and pound mentality, but ND is not about pounding the ball at all. They use their speed to spread the defense and create misses in the secondary (with pretty good blocking by the receivers). ND shot theirselves in the foot last year with 2 costly turnovers.

Mailman - I don't believe a high school line is averaging 6-3 250lbs, but that's just me. Turnovers always kill teams, but giving them no chance is a bit far fetched in my opinion.

ttomcat 80
JV Team

Post by ttomcat 80 »

They could avg that.Trimble did the year they went to finals.They had 6-5 240 6-6 250 6-4 280 6-1 225 6-0 230.We are D-7.Should be a good game.Going to be wet,it's really wet in glouster.

:roll: cats :roll:
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Might be a few mud bowl tonight

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

js7_22 wrote:
greygoose wrote:
Not sure about the ground and pound mentality, but ND is not about pounding the ball at all. They use their speed to spread the defense and create misses in the secondary (with pretty good blocking by the receivers). ND shot theirselves in the foot last year with 2 costly turnovers.

Mailman - I don't believe a high school line is averaging 6-3 250lbs, but that's just me. Turnovers always kill teams, but giving them no chance is a bit far fetched in my opinion.
Unless they've changed the offense from the last few years I've seen them play no don't spread the defense out. The use misdirection to try and create space and easier blocking. When they line up the WRs most of the time are simply 3-5 yards outside the tackle. They are a pure running team and while they're not the definition of 3 and out they are a team that wants to pound the ball, aka run the ball. And yes Fayetteville has a big line, not sure why it would be hard to believe a high school team couldn't average 6-3,250. What are they all under 6 ft. and 200 lbs?? Must not have seen to many high school games for that to be hard to believe. This weather really favors Fayetteville I believe

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

js7_22 wrote:
greygoose wrote:

I gave them "no chance" if they turn the ball over specifically several times.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Notre Dame picks up the shut out at Fayetteville Perry 27-0.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Nice job by the Titans, Fayetteville had been playing some good ball. Big win
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

greygoose wrote:Nice job by the Tartans, Fayetteville had been playing some good ball. Big win
"Titans" come on now... lol

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

js7_22 wrote:
greygoose wrote:Nice job by the Tartans, Fayetteville had been playing some good ball. Big win
"Titans" come on now... lol
LOL, got it fixed was looking at other scores seen East on there and typed Tartans.

js7_22
Varsity

Re: Notre Dame 27 Fayetteville 0

Post by js7_22 »

Haha it's all good!

Return to “Football”