WK9 Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

doubleplay643
S

Re: WK9 Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

Post by doubleplay643 »

I think there have been several games this year where we might not have had 170 fans on the visiting side.

scott1297
All Conference

Re: WK9: Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

Post by scott1297 »

Poo Bear wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Good luck to Jackson next week, Winton sounds like a handful, won't be able to make it next Saturday sorry about the $2 lol.

I think there will be quite a few area high school gridiron fans catch this one from sounds of it.
DD, you can just mail your 2$ in to the school lol

There will be a good crowd next week

- Saturday night in southern Ohio , what else is there to do
- fans who wanna see the Ironmen get a win
- fans who wanna see the Ironmen get a beat down
- fans who wanna see some d1 kids up close and a future buckeye

Should have something for everyone
Cincinnati Winton Woods is in Division ll region 8

Burg grad 85
ironman02
SEOP

Re: WK9: Winton Woods (3-5) at Jackson (6-2)

Post by ironman02 »

scott1297 wrote:
Poo Bear wrote:
Dandy Don wrote:Good luck to Jackson next week, Winton sounds like a handful, won't be able to make it next Saturday sorry about the $2 lol.

I think there will be quite a few area high school gridiron fans catch this one from sounds of it.
DD, you can just mail your 2$ in to the school lol

There will be a good crowd next week

- Saturday night in southern Ohio , what else is there to do
- fans who wanna see the Ironmen get a win
- fans who wanna see the Ironmen get a beat down
- fans who wanna see some d1 kids up close and a future buckeye

Should have something for everyone
Cincinnati Winton Woods is in Division ll region 8
Probably referring to the major D1 (College FBS) recruits that play on this Winton Woods team.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jerron Cage, 6'3" 275 defensive lineman. 2017 OSU commit, #3 Ohio recruit according to ESPN. Brother 2014 graduate currently starting D-line at Notre Dame. 43 tackles 13 for loss through 6 games according to the article I read about him.

Inside/outside em
Riding the Bench

Post by Inside/outside em »

Here is a link to Winton Woods' recap and highlights of last weeks win over Elder

https://shar.es/1EZwLt

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Inside/outside em wrote:Here is a link to Winton Woods' recap and highlights of last weeks win over Elder

https://shar.es/1EZwLt
That's pretty impressive 144 total yards given up and 25 yards rushing on 28 carries. Jackson will have their hands full in a big way on Saturday night.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Miyan Williams had 149 rushing yards against Elder and he's just a freshman.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Raider6309 wrote:Miyan Williams had 149 rushing yards against Elder and he's just a freshman.
Saw over on the Yappi thread for this game that they also beat Elder with a sophomore back-up QB.

Jackson could be in for a long night, best of luck to them.

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Cam Williams will be back for this game.Thats a plus, this will be a physical game.I've watched a lot of film on WW,they are a defense team ,there offense is a little shakey. Gonna be a tall task for the ironmen, I know there up for it.Gonna see a little different offense this week out of the ironmen. Let's go Red!!!!

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

No disrespect to Wheelersburg or Chillicothe, but Winton Woods will be the best team that Jackson will play this year, BY FAR, in my opinion.

Coach Hall and his staff will have the Ironmen prepared, but it will be tough task to hang around in this one. WW is just a very talented football team that has played an unbelievable schedule. They're still playing for a spot in the playoffs, so they'll be highly motivated. The Ironmen need to match that intensity, feed off the home crowd, and play their best. Gotta have the mindset that they can pull off the upset and keep their own playoff hopes alive as well. That's all you can ask of them.

Having Cam Williams back will definitely be helpful. Hopefully Roseberry is somehow able to play as well, but I'm thinking that probably isn't likely.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

By the way, just found out that the new league next year will be called the Frontier Athletic Conference.

Hadn't seen that anywhere yet.

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Who is going to be in that league?

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Cody won't be back until Cabell Midland game

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:Who is going to be in that league?
Jackson, Chillicothe, Miami Trace, Washington Court House, Greenfield McClain, and Hillsboro.

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Thank you

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Roadhog wrote:Cam Williams will be back for this game.Thats a plus, this will be a physical game.I've watched a lot of film on WW,they are a defense team ,there offense is a little shakey. Gonna be a tall task for the ironmen, I know there up for it.Gonna see a little different offense this week out of the ironmen. Let's go Red!!!!
I know Cam is looking to continue his football at the next level.

What better opportunity to show some prospective colleges his ability by lining him up at TE against the Winton Woods OSU defensive end recruit and having him be able to hold is own.

Too bad Roseberry won't return until Week 10 though.

Tough game for Jackson, but Go Red!

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Believe he plays Defensive Tackle....

Roadhog
Freshman Team

Post by Roadhog »

Yes. He will line up at tackle this week.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Yeah he's considered a defensive tackle, for a guy with that talent I'm sure they move him around a lot.

DonMagicRon
Waterboy

Post by DonMagicRon »

I will give everyone a little Winton Woods players preview. The roster is EXTREMELY young and inexperienced with some key injuries. Offense has 3 Seniors starting.The starting QB was injured and lost for the season. RaQuan Prince is a Sophomore WR that was inserted at QB two games ago. The feature RB was #23 Lorenzo Gist but had to be moved to linebacker due to injury. He was replaced by Freshman #44 Miyan Williams, Gist still will get a few carries. #1 Cornell Beachum is a junior wideout and kick returner, and is also an All American wrestler. #3 Navaar Gunnaway is the othe Junior wideout. The oline is anchored by Senior OT#70 Andrew Kaerobo. He has multiple college offers and is about 6'4" and 270lbs.

The defense now has 3 Seniors starting. The D line is anchored by Ohio St. Commit #55 Jerron Cage. He also is one of the top heavyweight wrestlers in the state. He's joined by #58 Junior Maurice Chapman (my favorite player) and #88 Sophomore Anthony Booker who is about 6'4" and 250lbs and already has scholarship offers. The linebacker corp is now anchored by two seniors inside, the aforementioned Gist and #16 Danny Wallace. Outside are #10 Junior Evan Stephan and #22 Chris Oates who has 20+ college offers which include Ohio St., Michigan and Oklahoma. Hes a Junior and still uncommitted. They secondary has two juniors and two sophomores. CB #5 Quinn Smith is a Junior that started every game last season the other corner is a Sophomore #14 Kymetrius Gates. The Safeties are Junior #30 Gianni Gamble, who started as a Sophomore and starting to get some looks and Sophomore #24 Waseem Fickell. The Warriors are young and inexperienced, but getting better everyday and continue to play hard. I expect us to be able to stay in this game, with a chance to win. We are currently 3-5 but play a monster schedule. We been in every game and could be 8-0. I noticed that someone mentioned Miquan Grace. He is currently a freshman CB that has offers from University of Cincinnati and University of Kentucky. He has been moved up to JV now that the freshman season is over but he has not cracked the varsity line up yet.

Return to “Football”