Waterboy

Re: WK9 Green (3-5) @ Northwest (0-8)

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Green will win this game no doubt

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Pulling for my guys at Northwest, no doubt. Coach Montavon is doing what he should be doing. But, a lot of respect for Ted. Hoping for a clean, hard fought injury-free game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

NW gets first win of season here

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

This should be a great game. I'll take Green in a close one.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well they both have been beaten up pretty badly by common opponents. Just not seeing where the Northwest offense is producing Green by 2 scores.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:Green will win this game no doubt
Didn't you pick Green to beat ND?

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

pulling for Northwest to get their first win

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Mailman wrote:
Yes I did and green is very young so you really don't know which green team shows up to play

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Jeremy ghs05 wrote:
Mailman wrote:
Yes I did and green is very young so you really don't know which green team shows up to play
Not sure which team you were expecting, but I'm not sure it would have mattered to be honest. Green is def on the up and up though, it's nice to see other schools beginning to gain some ground and making a dent in the schedule, it only makes the conference better.

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

I agree

The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

Not much complaining this year about northwest being in the small school division huh? Lol

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Green has really struggled lately. Game's at Northwest. Tossup.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

I can see Green winning this. It's a shame that Northwest can't compete with how many boy's they have in the school.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

The Oaf wrote:Not much complaining this year about northwest being in the small school division huh? Lol
I still think it's a crock for them and Oak Hill to be in the small school division. They aren't small schools!!! 1 of them should go back. Probably Oak Hill because they can actually win some games against the bigger schools. Last year for NW was an anomaly.

Jeremy ghs05
Waterboy

Post by Jeremy ghs05 »

Mailman wrote:
The Oaf wrote:Not much complaining this year about northwest being in the small school division huh? Lol
I still think it's a crock for them and Oak Hill to be in the small school division. They aren't small schools!!! 1 of them should go back. Probably Oak Hill because they can actually win some games against the bigger schools. Last year for NW was an anomaly.
I agree both northwest and oak hill should move up

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

As an Oak Hill fan I agree that we are too big of a school to be in the SOC I, but we never moved down for football, that is where we were when we joined the league. I don't think moving to the SOC II would be a good move for us either. Wheelersburg has dominated in football for 40 years. Look at the all time records versus opponents on burg fan.com.

I thought it was a better situation for us (although it still wasn't for the other SOC I schools) before Eastern started varsity football and Northwest moved down. Prior to that we only played four league games and could play bigger schools in the six non-league games.

I don't see any other good options right now but to stay where we are. I think I would actually prefer to be independent for football only to being in the SOC I but that presents it's own issues such as scheduling, no league title to play for, etc.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Well we have gotten way off topic from the game but what the heck let's throw the speculation of who should or shouldn't be in SOCI. I think most ppl can agree based upon size that both Oak Hill and Northwest really shouldn't be in SOCI. However, as Northwest proved all those years I don't believe either of them can compete in SOCII with the exception of an exceptional class that comes through once every 10-15 years. Oak Hill could give some of the lower level teams games probably year in and year out but to say that I could see them competing for 1-2 in SOCII, no sorry I just don't think that would happen. So if they're to big for SOCI and really don't see them competing at the SOCII level then what?? Oak Hill is located where I think the TVC would work for them in terms of competition and size. Northwest, while the SVC I think should find another team and split into 2 divisions would be a good fit there. It's not as if they're the only league that has differences in school sizes, while leagues try and size up accordingly. Location and proximity to surroundings schools will always play a part and ultimately is something that wins out vs something like school size.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

I get frustrated when everyone only talks about numbers of boys in the school. There is another number that plays a part at Northwest. 186. That is the square mileage at Northwest. If you do the math, Northwest has the lowest number of boys per square mileage than all the other schools. It takes 30 minutes or longer for some of these boys to even drive to the school. It is not like most schools around here where kids can walk to practices, weight lifting or whatever. Some kids cant play because they live to far out and dont have a ride to practices.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

good luck to the green bobcats.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”