Ironton 49 Gallia Academy 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK9 Gallia Academy (0-8) @ Ironton (5-3)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I been hit in the head a lot. maybe I missed something. but do you get any points from a team that has beaten you.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

after reading that I'm still as confused.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

where are all the posters from the French city, this hain't much fun.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

noreply66 wrote:Look for Gallipolis to give the Tigers some problems this Friday night.
I would not expect anything less from the blue fellers. especially in a spoiler roll noreply. this team is just a couple of years removed from balling for an SEOAL crown. and these 2 have a long and storied past. the tigers will be needing to be hitting on all the cylinders. and not be looking ahead to the Portsmouth game.but they would want nothing less as you stated than be a problem for the tigers.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I been hit in the head a lot. maybe I missed something. but do you get any points from a team that has beaten you.
no

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I would find it hard to believe that Gallia Academy would give Ironton any sort of issues. I was surprised to see the halftime score against Rock Hill being 20-13. However, the Devils didn't score in the second half, and didn't get any stops either. SO the final score is more of what I expected. I would guess the final score this week will be much of the same, 50+ for Ironton and Gallia Academy might get a couple scores if they are lucky.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I don't take anybody for granted. the blue devils have all the fire they need knowing they could knock the fighting tiger slap outta the playoffs. it's up to the coach and players from there. and just the opposite for the tigers they no a loss has them in the showers early week 11, and can't overlook anybody.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Ironton will play everyone on the team some minutes in this one.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's the only way you can build for the future, ain't it abe. you ain't getting them young'uns in when you can they get no experience under the lights. whether you are comfortably up, or way behind. subbing === experience. I'm kinda perplexed as to what has happened in blue devil country. especially after joining the ovc from the seoal. is it coaching, kids going to other area schools through open enrollment, no numbers as far as going out for the team,lack of fundamentals. what exactly has happened. nobody from the French city is posting. we used to real get silly on here bantering back and forth with them. anyhoo glad to renew the rivalry with the blue guys. gotta get them, south point and fairland clicking and this will be a deep league. and ironically gahs is the biggest team in the ovc, enrollment wise, but have not won a game. anyway good luck to the blue devils,-------------- not this week , but good luck.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:where are all the posters from the French city, this hain't much fun.
The number of Gallia posters is probably equivalent to the number of fans that will be on the visitor's side Fri. Gallia is in drastic athletic decline. I know it seemed like a non brainier adding them to the OVC. But football wise, no OVC team gains anything by playing them. You don't get points and they don't bring enough fans to make money at the gate. And oh my, if you have to play in their field. Gallia football will be between 2-8 and 0-10 for the next 5 years. Their other sports are in a free fall. Might sound crazy, but re-read this post in 4 years and it will be spot on. You're (OVC) league got worse by adding Gallia. You're league was fine. You made a mistake.

BleedBlue
Waterboy

Post by BleedBlue »

Let me give you my opinion coming from a spectators stand point. I have watched the boys in blue for several years, the past few years there is no denying that the numbers are down, size is down, speed is down, and strength is down. There are kids in that school that could possibly help out the team drastically. Kids do not have the interest and desire to put forth the effort and dedication it takes to build and maintain a solid program. As for kids going to other schools, yeah it has happened, but I believe that stuff happens everywhere when the grass looks greener down the road. Fundamentals, well all you have to do is watch a single quarter and you will see a lack of fundamentals. But I believe a large part of that starts at the lower levels of a program. But when there is not a sound youth program, new coaches at the jr high level every couple of years, and a general lack of program implemented, I think that all spells for a struggle each Friday. Also, when you are forced to play several sophomores at the varsity level, they are missing out on quality JV experience where you can gain confidence and valuable learning. As for coaching, I personally believe the coaching staff is a knowledgeable group of guys, however, if the staff isnt providing lower level (youth football) with a foundation of what is needed from the kids as they move through each age group, are they really doing the most they can?

I know its a lot easier to call the shots from the 5th row of the bleachers, but I do believe there are many factors that could be to blame for the struggles the boys in blue are facing.

Blackjack
JV Team

Post by Blackjack »

Blue you are correct.

Many people will quickly come on here and say that success at the lower levels doesn't correlate to varsity football however what does correlate is that if your Junior High teams suck then by all means when they get to the varsity level they too will suck. Take it to the bank.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I am sure most of Devil land is calling for a new coaching staff, but I personally would like to see this current staff get another year or two and see what happens. Not all of their games, but the majority of them have been fairly close at the end of the first quarter. In my eyes, that says a lot of the game plan set forth by the staff. However, after that initial game plan, the other teams have had the personnel to adjust and then run away with games. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but other than the 11 defensive players on the field, how many quality subs do GA have to run into the game to give breaks or give different defensive personnel packages? Maybe 2 or 3 decent subs but even then there is a fall off. My opinion really doesnt count for much, but I would like to see a couple more years to see if a system can develop. We are all entitled to our own opinion, that is mine.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

GA should keep this staff. They have had a dropoff in numbers and talent and they're so young. I am still saying 3-6 wins next year and 4-7 wins the following year. Their staff knows that they're doing. Those factors have hindered them but the staff will get the most out of what they have.

Catchup13
Riding the Bench

Post by Catchup13 »

Catchup13 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:where are all the posters from the French city, this hain't much fun.
The number of Gallia posters is probably equivalent to the number of fans that will be on the visitor's side Fri. Gallia is in drastic athletic decline. I know it seemed like a non brainier adding them to the OVC. But football wise, no OVC team gains anything by playing them. You don't get points and they don't bring enough fans to make money at the gate. And oh my, if you have to play in their field. Gallia football will be between 2-8 and 0-10 for the next 5 years. Their other sports are in a free fall. Might sound crazy, but re-read this post in 4 years and it will be spot on. You're (OVC) league got worse by adding Gallia. You're league was fine. You made a mistake.
Let me be clear. My post was not about bashing coaching staffs. There are probably many reasons for athletic decline at Gallia. But I believe my point (opinion) is still valid. The OVC made a mistake by adding Gallia.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Blackjack wrote:Blue you are correct.

Many people will quickly come on here and say that success at the lower levels doesn't correlate to varsity football however what does correlate is that if your Junior High teams suck then by all means when they get to the varsity level they too will suck. Take it to the bank.
My class won two games in Junior High School at Logan.

We went 31-4 in three varsity seasons including 29-1 in the regular season.

So I hope the bank rejects your deposit.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

loganlocos wrote:
Blackjack wrote:Blue you are correct.

My class won two games in Junior High School at Logan.

We went 31-4 in three varsity seasons including 29-1 in the regular season.

So I hope the bank rejects your deposit.
I would say your team was the exception and not the norm. I don't pay enough attention to football at the lower levels and some things fans see, coaches don't see I am sure.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burgs current seniors, won 2 games in eighth grade and maybe 3 or 4 seventh grade. They have a shot right now of 20-0 regular season for junior and senior years. I would put more stock in pee wee.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

wobycat wrote:Burgs current seniors, won 2 games in eighth grade and maybe 3 or 4 seventh grade. They have a shot right now of 20-0 regular season for junior and senior years. I would put more stock in pee wee.

Without a doubt the main driving force to Wheelersburg's 40 years of success is the youth program. Learning the base high school system. You also see numerous high school and junior high coaches attending the games, giving advice to the pee wee (non parent) coaches and ensuring that they are running the 1 defense they are allowed to run as well as base offensive plays. sorry no triple reverse pass plays :(

I think this is why everyone always comments that Burg seems to be in mid season form game 1 every year.... its cause the kids have been running the system since 5th grade

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

wow i dont know where to start. gallipolis last playoff team did not win very many jr. high games and almost no j.v. games.

All gallia athletics in great decline. is that why they are league champs in soccer and volleyball already and think they are second in cross country and golf team holding there own. and they will in many other sports. my guess is if the league has a all sports trophy they will be very competitive.

On the game ironton wins easily.

The state of the program. first i keep hearing all these things about numbers. gallia had 49 kids on roster game 1. only one blue devil team since they started varsity soccer has had more. but the numbers are deceiving. 3 coaches in years and why and how the coaches left and then the way new coaches were made. set this program back further then anyone can calculate. When Eddy left several kids did not come back. Coach Bart not only abandoned the weight lifting program also alienated several kids. this year i do believe we started with 10 seniors, but 3 of those kids are first year seniors and 3 more are second year seniors. so a lot of seniors are not really seniors. the same can be said for the junior class. That is why the team looks weak. players in a weight lifting program one summer. are not going to be as strong as kids in a program 3 or 4 years.

the coaching staff may be ok. But i think they need a new head coach. someone on staff or off of it. I am a big fan of coach Riffe the man. and i think he has great football knowledge, the problem is at this stage of his life this football team is not his focus it is his family which has 2 or 3 kids that aren't school aged yet. that is his dedication the man in me supports that and likes that. the fan in me thinks we need to look elsewhere for that reason.

I believe the youth program after many years being on wrong track is finally on right track. and i believe the junior high program may finally be on right track. right now it is not easy turning a program around that has poor fi=fundamentals especially in tackling a blocking. The reason i say that in all honesty i think maybe teams go full contact full speed maybe 7 or 8 days tops.

the offense that everyone talks about being so predictable is predictable for a reason. it isn't that the offense isn't designed to be more dynamic. go watch a practice loo at what they practice. the problem is it isn't ready for prime time. you can't run certain plays that take a little longer to develop. because the line cant hold blocks long enough. you cant roll a pocket and do other things with bad footwork. it is a work in progress. and i think they are waiting to get it right all the time in practice before they roll it out in a game. you probably wont see much of it against ironton. But i think you might see it against south point. the one thing you may see against ironton you haven't scene is a little option football or pitch plays trying to get wide. but i think it will be left in bank.

This coaching staff knew what they were up against this year. They are still spending time teaching fundamentals in week 9 that should be a refresher for kids in preseason. So when they look unprepared for thing sin a game they are. because they are that far behind. but they are trying to fix this so they don't have that problem again. they are also beginning to get jv and junior high games on tape and getting kids involved in film earlier. even though it does not look like it. this is a program moving in right direction.

Return to “Football”