Post by mattash »

Big game, who wins?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: WK9 Unioto (6-2) @ Piketon (6-2)

Post by Rolltanks »

Such a huge game for the tanks. Each win brings them closer to playoffs and each win makes the next game that much bigger. This could be the biggest game in school history. Piketon really impressed me on def against zt. I knew they could score but didn't expect them to hold zt. Tanks have to play flawless in all fazes of the game.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Game of the week! All depends on how edler rolls imo

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

This game has quite a bit on the line even if it's not for the SVC crown. Loser of this game is out of the playoff picture. For Unioto they HAVE to have this game to keep that #8 spot alive. For Piketon they must win this game and still count on some outside help in order to get in. Both of these teams possess a quick strike high powered offense. I seen Piketon play against Westfall and quite frankly their defense was mediocre at best at least in that game. Just going off scores looks like Unioto's defense has found it's way over last 4 weeks, granted against teams no where near the offensive fire power as Piketon. I'm going to take Unioto on the road by 1 score, believe there will be a turnover that sparks the difference here. Should be a heck of a game.

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Probably one of the better games for Week 9 in the area, I will take Piketon since it is at their house.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

On paper Unioto has the advantage in almost every category. However, this is AT Piketon and that should count for something! The biggest difference is special teams which definitely goes Unioto's way. That could be the difference in this one. They both have a top QB in the league. They both have one of the top WRs in the league. They both can score a lot of points. Unioto's defense has been playing more lights out so it should be interesting. I might be back in Ohio for this one so hopefully I can make the trip to Pike county. Good Luck to both teams!

Unioto 44
Piketon 36

doze
Waterboy

Post by doze »

it's easy to look good and put up big numbers when you're playing against the bottom half of the league. look for unioto to find this out when they go to piketon this week to play a top notch redstreak team that proved they were the real deal this past week. piketon will get back on track this week and keep their playoff hopes alive.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

doze wrote:it's easy to look good and put up big numbers when you're playing against the bottom half of the league. look for unioto to find this out when they go to piketon this week to play a top notch redstreak team that proved they were the real deal this past week. piketon will get back on track this week and keep their playoff hopes alive.
Lol idk what you mean by this they play all the same teams. Also unioto played better against waverly, piketon and unioto scored bout the same against zt. Unioto threw a pick six against zt. Zt fumbled how many times vs piketon. I would say that they have had similar success against the same teams. Only good teams either has played is zt and waverly. You might want to check scores against the other svc schools. I haven't looked but I would bet unioto has beat teams and had better overall stats against similar opponents. Should be evenly matched game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Let's be honest, neither team has beaten a team with a winning record.

Each team has escaped at least once against inferior opponents (twice for Piketon)

Even if I wasn't a Unioto guy, I would take the Shermans based on how their defense has played. I think they have enough speed to get the 1 or 2 extra stops that they need, while the offense has some burners that could give the Streaks some issues. I think the game will end up something around 35-28 in that area. I think the Piketon offense is very good, but the scores against VC and Westfall have me wondering about the defense. The Unioto offense is very good and their defense has been stellar the last 4 weeks (against inferior opponents, but still only 9.5 ppg)

Against the same 6 opponents, Piketon averages scoring 27.7 while giving up 24.3. Unioto averages scoring 31.3 while giving up 15.8. Each is 4-2 against those same opponents.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Pulling for Unioto here. Would like to see them make the playoffs and see how they can do.
Tanks by 10

U 38
Piketon 28

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Not a big difference, but removing the results of the games the teams have played, Unioto's opponents have a 48 win % and Piketon's have a 43 win %.

If Unioto makes the playoffs, they will have to hope to face Wyoming. Not like it would be any easier, but the Cowboys are also a public school, so they may not have a massive depth advantage over the Shermans. No matter what happens, whether they get in or not, this year has been a big step forward for the Unioto program. Even a loss on Friday wouldn't put a big damper on things and I feel like Coach Metzler and staff certainly have things going in the right direction and that 1st ever playoff spot doesn't seem like a distaint hope anymore.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

High scoring game, lots of secondary points on the line. Tanks win 42-38.

BullTank
Riding the Bench

Post by BullTank »

Can the Shermans rely on the run game in such sloppy conditions?...from what I know of Piketon they cannot rely on run game alone. If turnovers are avoided I still think the Shermans pull this one out.

A change from my previous predictions (due to field conditions)...I don't know why but I think this one is not as close as people think.

Unioto 31
Piketon 16

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto 34
Piketon 33

Really good HS football game. Birkheimer and Veech are tremendous football players. The Shermans score with 14 seconds left and convert the PAT to win.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Piketon gave up a huge 4th and a mile from their 39, Edler getting all the way to the 11. From there it was all runs as they ran the clock down and scored on 2nd and goal from the 1.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Both teams fought tremendously hard tonight. Came down to one factor- speed. Unioto has a lot more than Piketon.

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Unioto 34 Piketon 33

Post by greygoose »

Unioto also overcame close to 150 yards in penalties. Rarely come out on top in those games.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Re: Unioto 34 Piketon 33

Post by warningtrackpower »

Good football talk on these two incredible QBs - http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk102416

Return to “Football”