St. Joe @ Northwest 10-19

79Tiger
All Conference

St. Joe @ Northwest 10-19

Post by 79Tiger »

I'm picking the Flyers in a close contest.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Coach93
Freshman Team

Re: St. Joe @ Northwest 10-19

Post by Coach93 »

Should be a good game between both teams. But I'm going to take the Mohawks in this one. I believe their strength of schedule will help them in the Sectional Championship game And they have only lost one game at home this year. But this just my opinion and it's probably not worth much :lol: . But it should be a excellent soccer match with a chance to play in Athens on Saturday afternoon in The District Semi-Finals. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Northwest wins easy... no disrespect to St.Joe they have came a long way and had a good year. Couldn't agree more with strength of schedule. If St. Joe is in the SOC 2 they finish just ahead of West and with West coming on strong here of late that's even a toss up.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

GoAt 10 wrote:Northwest wins easy... no disrespect to St.Joe they have came a long way and had a good year. Couldn't agree more with strength of schedule. If St. Joe is in the SOC 2 they finish just ahead of West and with West coming on strong here of late that's even a toss up.
St. Joe beat West handily earlier in the season and NW only beat St. Joe 1-0 last week and that goal came on a penalty kick after a questionable call on the goalie. Not saying St. Joe wins but I would be careful with the easy talk. It could come back to haunt you.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

NW beat Rock Hill 4-0 on Saturday. St. Joe beat Rock Hill 7-0 and 7-1 just two weeks ago. The 7-0 win was actually 11-12 to 0. They stopped posting the goals St. Joe scored.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Just because you choose to keep pounding a new team when they are down doesn't mean much. Once you score 4-5 they are giving up and anything after that is just a choice to run up the score a little.

Yes, before someone points it out, I know Burg has the state record for most goals in a game...

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

4thgoal wrote:Just because you choose to keep pounding a new team when they are down doesn't mean much. Once you score 4-5 they are giving up and anything after that is just a choice to run up the score a little.

Yes, before someone points it out, I know Burg has the state record for most goals in a game...
St Joe had all 2nd teamers in the 2nd half of both games.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Give up 79tiger, ISJ gets no respect here. Flyers know they can play with Northwest. Not sure that means victory but it will be far from easy. Go Flyers !!!!!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I respect St Joe and I expect this to be a good game. I just don't think using a score comparison against a first year team is a good argument. I do feel that NW has played a tougher schedule and that schedule will have them more ready for the tournament.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Agreed on comparing scores against Rock Hill but hard not to compare head to head on a game played just last week that ended 1-0. Northwest has the home field advantage but ISJ will come to play. Hoping the Flyers play to their potential, if so they have a great chance. 4thgoal, you have always been fair in the past keep it up.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Thanks Dutchman. There are a few schools I don't have much respect for, (mostly some of their fans, not the school or players) but when topics on them arise, I bite my tongue and do my best to not even read the threads and for sure don't comment.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

What was the shot count for ISJ at NW the other night? A lot of shots for NW, very very few for ISJ. I've seen my fair share of 7-9 guys back on defense praying for a shut out and maybe a counter to score. Not to mention NW has been playing without a few starters. Like 4thgoal said. Anything after 3-4 goals is just scoring on a team who has mostly gave up. NW I believe has 1 home loss all season. I'd look for a 3-0 type victory for the Mowhawks come Wednesday.

I give credit where due, ISJ has a really good result on their schedule beating south point in an early season match. South point has proved their worth tying Minford and beating burg. So no doubt ISJ is doing something right. Their program is coming along and they're competitive in most matches. I wish them luck moving forward.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

GoAt 10 wrote:What was the shot count for ISJ at NW the other night? A lot of shots for NW, very very few for ISJ. I've seen my fair share of 7-9 guys back on defense praying for a shut out and maybe a counter to score. Not to mention NW has been playing without a few starters. Like 4thgoal said. Anything after 3-4 goals is just scoring on a team who has mostly gave up. NW I believe has 1 home loss all season. I'd look for a 3-0 type victory for the Mowhawks come Wednesday.

I give credit where due, ISJ has a really good result on their schedule beating south point in an early season match. South point has proved their worth tying Minford and beating burg. So no doubt ISJ is doing something right. Their program is coming along and they're competitive in most matches. I wish them luck moving forward.
I look forward to seeing a good match. Hope there are no injuries for either team and the officials make wise calls when they need to be made.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

We pray for a lot of things at ISJ, not sure we pray for a shutout,lol. As Coach Herm Edwards says over and over " you play to win the game" Now ISJ game plan might not be pretty or even fun to watch but if it gives them their best chance to win then so be it. It's been a great season for the Flyers, no reason to stop now. GO FLYERS !!!!!!!

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Rain in the forecast to go with the high grass at NW will make for difficult conditions

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

4thgoal wrote:Rain in the forecast to go with the high grass at NW will make for difficult conditions
St. Joe had trouble with their footing the last time they played.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

79Tiger wrote:
4thgoal wrote:Rain in the forecast to go with the high grass at NW will make for difficult conditions
Northwest had same issues, could be why their shots were not very strong.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Tower wrote:
79Tiger wrote:
Northwest had same issues, could be why their shots were not very strong.
Hopefully the rain holds off. Would be a good thing for both teams.

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

It's Game day !!!!!!!!!!! Looking Forward to a Great Soccer match this evening. Hopefully the rain get's out by the time for the first kick at 5:00 pm.
Looking for a good game from the Mohawks tonight. I believe to much speed up front and if the Mohawks finish at the net this should give the Mohawks the Sectional Championship for the first time since 2001. Good luck to both teams tonight. :ugeek: :ugeek:

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Good Luck to the Mohawks and Flyers! Should be a good one!

Return to “Soccer”