Wheelersburg 42 Valley 0

BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK9 Valley (0-8) @ Wheelersburg (8-0)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Tough road for the young, hope for an injury free game for both!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

coop wrote:Yea as I said I was happy with the Indians last night. I hope they continue to improve, but this will be a rough week. lol

As we've said, Valley will be down for a few years, but there are some pretty talented kids coming through...I think Valley will be fine in the years to come.
They have a HELL of a coach who knows how to win. They will def be back in a few yrs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

What i dont understand is how does a team like Valley go from being descent for quite a while to being 0 and 8 ? Dont they have a good program in place? Burg is good on a consistent basis hasnt had a losing record since like 1964 or something like that all i know is its all about bringing up the younger players and getting them playing time when ever possible so they will be ready when their time comes and having a good pee wee program in place . To me it is mind boggling to go from playoff contenders every year to this? I do hope Valley gets back on the right track and wish them well but Burg wins big this week just pray for no injuries on both sides . GO BURG! and was anybody surprised of the West and Waverly score?

Burg grad 85
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

scott1297 wrote:What i dont understand is how does a team like Valley go from being descent for quite a while to being 0 and 8 ? Dont they have a good program in place? Burg is good on a consistent basis hasnt had a losing record since like 1964 or something like that all i know is its all about bringing up the younger players and getting them playing time when ever possible so they will be ready when their time comes and having a good pee wee program in place . To me it is mind boggling to go from playoff contenders every year to this? I do hope Valley gets back on the right track and wish them well but Burg wins big this week just pray for no injuries on both sides . GO BURG! and was anybody surprised of the West and Waverly score?
Well first, when you lose a class that size these kind of things happen. They have the development there. These kids are just really young. They will be better next year and I would say back in contention in 2. I was not too surprised by the score myself. I thought waverly may come out flat after last week. They lost their star RB as well. West is getting better. But it was mainly bad play by Waverly that kept the score close.

Gluefactory
Waterboy

Post by Gluefactory »

Little side bar to all this , I hear Valley's 8th grade team beat Wheelersburg's 8th something like 18-6 ?

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Gluefactory wrote:Little side bar to all this , I hear Valley's 8th grade team beat Wheelersburg's 8th something like 18-6 ?
Lol burgs 8th grade can't beat themselves.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Gluefactory wrote:Little side bar to all this , I hear Valley's 8th grade team beat Wheelersburg's 8th something like 18-6 ?
Yep. They are not bad but not a solid class. The 7th grade is pretty good.

But little side bar, burgs senior class won 2 games their eighth grade year.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
Yep. They are not bad but not a solid class. The 7th grade is pretty good.

But little side bar, burgs senior class won 2 games their eighth grade year.
Juniors weren't world beaters in jr high either.

SEOPlegend
Riding the Bench

Post by SEOPlegend »

Valley by big numbers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BLUE AND WHITE
piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

The only way valley stays close is before the game starts.....

Valley holds Burg 0-0 With only 2 min left before the Game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Pikeville is WAAAYYYYY down from the team they were last year. Not a great measuring stick, but Valley showed they are improving.

Running clock to start the 2nd half, Burg wins by 42.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Valley is in bad shape for at least 2 years. Seeing them in person Varsity and JV they can't compete at all at the line of scrimmage. It would not surprise me if they go 0-10 next year also.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Valley might in bad shape for the next 4-6 years. I watched their jr high games this year and they have a few kids that might be developed, but it looks scarce even going down into jr high.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

That's why junior high is not a good measurement for high school. If you have one big fast kid that's a man child, chances are you're going to win a lot of junior high games. Now if you have a solid junior high class, chances are you're going to be successful in high school.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Valley will be just fine.

First off, not sure how Pikeville is "WAAAYYYY Down". Have you watched them? They have the exact same record and have lost to the same two teams they had at the same point in 2015. Their stud quarterback/corner and RB/MLB are still there. Their radio men thought this team was better at this point than they were at this time in 2015, but maybe that is "WAAAYYY Down".

The problem we have right now is back to back down classes. The past 6-7 years we have alternated between Great/very good classes and then average to above average in between. Well right now we don't have that. Friday night we had I believe 8 or 9 spots being filled by Sophomores. We have not had to play Sophomores that weren't physically "ready" in quite some time. It happens at small schools. Throw in the record of the teams on our schedule is 61-18 and it spells doom.

Valley will not be in bad shape for 4-6 years. The Freshmen and Sophomore are more than solid classes and they are learning every day. The current 8th grade finished 4-3-1. They blew a late lead vs West and let one slip against Northwest in the first game of the season. Minford is the only game they didn't really have a chance to win in the fourth. There are a couple of classes coming that have the "pedigree". I am not talking about "Billy first one to Puberty Jones" either. I am talking about kids from great families with athletic bloodlines that love to play sports.

So yes, Valley is staring 0-10 down the barrel, but they will not be down like this for very long. Despite what some want to think.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Thats what Bleeding Red is saying. The 6th grade group at Valley is good, but they won't be sophomores for 4 years. Every other SOCII team will be up till then.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Crab's Brother wrote:Valley will be just fine.

First off, not sure how Pikeville is "WAAAYYYY Down". Have you watched them? They have the exact same record and have lost to the same two teams they had at the same point in 2015. Their stud quarterback/corner and RB/MLB are still there. Their radio men thought this team was better at this point than they were at this time in 2015, but maybe that is "WAAAYYY Down".

The problem we have right now is back to back down classes. The past 6-7 years we have alternated between Great/very good classes and then average to above average in between. Well right now we don't have that. Friday night we had I believe 8 or 9 spots being filled by Sophomores. We have not had to play Sophomores that weren't physically "ready" in quite some time. It happens at small schools. Throw in the record of the teams on our schedule is 61-18 and it spells doom.

Valley will not be in bad shape for 4-6 years. The Freshmen and Sophomore are more than solid classes and they are learning every day. The current 8th grade finished 4-3-1. They blew a late lead vs West and let one slip against Northwest in the first game of the season. Minford is the only game they didn't really have a chance to win in the fourth. There are a couple of classes coming that have the "pedigree". I am not talking about "Billy first one to Puberty Jones" either. I am talking about kids from great families with athletic bloodlines that love to play sports.

So yes, Valley is staring 0-10 down the barrel, but they will not be down like this for very long. Despite what some want to think.
I kind of got a tickle out of your athletic blood lines. I've seen good players have non athletic kids. Why I think that valley isdiwn this year is because of the lack of varsity experience. The seniors last year had the benefit of playing as sophomores and freshmen because the older guys had the game wrapped up in the third quarter. Well last year, for most part, it took them to the end of the game and some couldn't get in there. Valley is in a rare season. This is not the norm.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Westfan wrote:Thats what Bleeding Red is saying. The 6th grade group at Valley is good, but they won't be sophomores for 4 years. Every other SOCII team will be up till then.
So all the other teams being "up" will cause Valley to be down?

Valley has kids between now and the current 6th grade group. It isn't like we are waiting on them to be competitive again.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

wobycat wrote:

I kind of got a tickle out of your athletic blood lines. I've seen good players have non athletic kids. Why I think that valley isdiwn this year is because of the lack of varsity experience. The seniors last year had the benefit of playing as sophomores and freshmen because the older guys had the game wrapped up in the third quarter. Well last year, for most part, it took them to the end of the game and some couldn't get in there. Valley is in a rare season. This is not the norm.
That comment was not based on genetics. It was centered more on having parents that push excellence and having an understanding what it takes from a work ethic standpoint to be successful in everything, not just athletics.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have a good friend on their coaching staff in Pikeville. Trust me when I say they are "WAAAYYYY DOWN!" compared to what they were last year. Are they slouches? No.........but they aren't the caliber as 2015.

I've seen all of Valleys classes down to 7th grade. Not impressive. Nothing close to what they had to compete in the SOC II in the previous years.

I'm glad you're one of the posters on here who thinks they will be fine because you're from Valley and supposed to, but the majority of the people who are not from Valley that's seen them doesn't agree. I know those rose colored glasses make it look better ;)

Return to “Football”