Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
BurgGrad6
SE

Re: WK9 West (3-5) @ Batavia (1-7)

Post by BurgGrad6 »

I personally think west is the most underrated team in SEO. I say west wind by a few scores in this one.

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

West needs a win badly to build for next year.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Underrated NO they have no wins to brag about. that being said they should win this one

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

West is a good 3-5 team, from what I understand they are a couple years away.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Portsmouth, Coal Grove, and Minford games all went down to the wire. 60/40 pass ratio is completely different than the double tight full house these kids grew up running. Next year will be an experienced team with bunches of upperclassmen returning starters that will dress around 60 to 70 players. Discipline is much improved. West is headed in the right direction.

I really don't know anything about Batavia, but I think West plays well and wins this week.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

West-24

Batavia-18

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

Westfan wrote:Portsmouth, Coal Grove, and Minford games all went down to the wire. 60/40 pass ratio is completely different than the double tight full house these kids grew up running. Next year will be an experienced team with bunches of upperclassmen returning starters that will dress around 60 to 70 players. Discipline is much improved. West is headed in the right direction.

I really don't know anything about Batavia, but I think West plays well and wins this week.
They have to be more discipline than last years team. The worst I have ever seen!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Game day wrote: They have to be more discipline than last years team. The worst I have ever seen!
There have been posters for a couple years on here saying how much more disciplined West is. They commit very few penalties. The personal fouls are gone. If this team was undisciplined they wouldn't have done as well as they have. There are no great individual talents on this team. Because of youth and a small senior class, there aren't alot of players on this team who would've started for West 5 to 8 years ago.
Last edited by Westfan on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Burg93
Freshman Team

Post by Burg93 »

Pasteur is projecting West by 24. Hope he is right, too many SOC2 losses this year.

piratepride86
JV Team

Post by piratepride86 »

Good luck West and safe travels

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dang atsa haul.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly pulling for the Siders!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

no doubt.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

West is playing several sophomores and other underclassmen, look for the Senators to compete for a league title as early as next year.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Batavia has a bad record but they are D4 and they play Cincinnati schools so its difficult to tell the competition. Eitel has them as D4 and they play a D2, D3, and D4. With the types of schools they are playing, their record can be deceiving. They were 7-3 a couple years ago so who knows.

tiger59
Riding the Bench

Post by tiger59 »

Rightttt

Game day
All State

Re: Batavia 10 West 7

Post by Game day »

I believe this year the injuries have hurt West. But I believe their coaches have lost 2 games for them for sure this year. The CG game they had them in the 4th qtr where they could hardly stand up and the coaches instead of driving the ball in passed it and it was intercepted to finish the game. The Minford game when they went for 2 early I could not understand it at all and I think it cost them the game. I hope they get things turned around next year because 3 bad years in a row will have the fans crazy at the West Side.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Game day wrote:I believe this year the injuries have hurt West. But I believe their coaches have lost 2 games for them for sure this year. The CG game they had them in the 4th qtr where they could hardly stand up and the coaches instead of driving the ball in passed it and it was intercepted to finish the game. The Minford game when they went for 2 early I could not understand it at all and I think it cost them the game. I hope they get things turned around next year because 3 bad years in a row will have the fans crazy at the West Side.
The CG interception was 4th down from around the 7 if I remember right. That was the 3rd time that game West was inside the 10 and couldn't punch it in.
Minford game that end of the field was mud before the game started.
Last night was the same problems that has plagued this team all year. Fumbles and not being able to run the ball consistently. Defense plays great and keeps them in the games.
Injuries have really hurt. Team is very young. West could've won a few more games, but the margin of error is too small to overcome errors. This team needs a year of growth and a big offseason in the weight room and speed training.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I agree but I think lossing his brother at coach hurt and I think next year his Dad is calling it quits.

Return to “Football”