Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
vladimir
S

Re: WK9 Waverly (7-1) @ Minford (5-3)

Post by vladimir »

Judging from the Waverly/ West game, this will be a good game, and Minford can win. West had success moving the ball but just didn't capitalize. Finishing drives with some sort of points is something Minford must do. Minford does have a kicker who is money from 45-in, so I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a big factor in this contest.

Does anyone care to report the status of Harris for Waverly? If he's out, that will be a huge loss for the Tigers on both sides of the ball.

You heard it here first, there will be an upset in Minford this upcoming Friday night.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

vladimir wrote:Judging from the Waverly/ West game, this will be a good game, and Minford can win. West had success moving the ball but just didn't capitalize. Finishing drives with some sort of points is something Minford must do. Minford does have a kicker who is money from 45-in, so I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a big factor in this contest.

Does anyone care to report the status of Harris for Waverly? If he's out, that will be a huge loss for the Tigers on both sides of the ball.

You heard it here first, there will be an upset in Minford this upcoming Friday night.
Strange things do happen on the gridiron in Minford, Given their schedule, can the Tigers make the playoffs with only 8 wins?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Waverly by three scores.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Waverly is a turf team based on speed. Minford's field was in bad shape 2 weeks ago. That will help even the speed advantage and give alot of help to Minford. Minford has the better run defense.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Waverly by a few scores...

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Minford in a close one

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote:
vladimir wrote:Judging from the Waverly/ West game, this will be a good game, and Minford can win. West had success moving the ball but just didn't capitalize. Finishing drives with some sort of points is something Minford must do. Minford does have a kicker who is money from 45-in, so I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a big factor in this contest.

Strange things do happen on the gridiron in Minford, Given their schedule, can the Tigers make the playoffs with only 8 wins?
http://joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?r ... &year=2016

Waverly dropped another spot to 6. I don't think they can go 8-2 and make it.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Mad-Dogg wrote:Minford in a close one
You can't be serious.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Mad-Dogg wrote:Minford in a close one
You can't be serious.
Upset special :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

If Harris can't go Waverly will have to make some changes for this game.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

smurray wrote:
Omega wrote:

http://joeeitel.com/hsfoot/region.jsp?r ... &year=2016

Waverly dropped another spot to 6. I don't think they can go 8-2 and make it.

Thank you Mr. Murray for the update.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

waverly by 20 plus

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I have one of those feelings.

Every year or so in the SOC someone beats someone that aren't supposed to beat.

tigerball
Waterboy

Post by tigerball »

I Haven't heard much out of Minford this season, they are 5-3 so they obviously know how to win some games.
If Waverly brings its "A" game this could be a running clock late. If they don't Minford may be able to hang around and make in nerve wrecking for the Tiger faithful. This is a a tough one to pick a score on.
Waverly 33
Minford 12

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly comes in as the underdog in this one. Too many factors working against the Tigers to think otherwise. The location of the game….a grass field….forecasted weather…..our health…. to name a few.

I think it's fair to say Waverly is going to have to execute a whole lot better than they did last Friday night to have a chance in this one. We had our hands full with West and Minford beat West. This is going to be a real gut check for the Tigers. It will take a monumental effort for Waverly to get out of mule town with a win.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Wavely played very sloppy against West a little let down after the Burg game so I would bet that Waverly comes out this week and puts together an impressive win by atleast 3 or 4 scores running clock 2nd half but I do give minford credit they play very hard for coach Ruby he seems to have them heading in the right direction finally

Burg grad 85
The Oaf
SEO

Post by The Oaf »

toast wrote:Waverly comes in as the underdog in this one. Too many factors working against the Tigers to think otherwise. The location of the game….a grass field….forecasted weather…..our health…. to name a few.

I think it's fair to say Waverly is going to have to execute a whole lot better than they did last Friday night to have a chance in this one. We had our hands full with West and Minford beat West. This is going to be a real gut check for the Tigers. It will take a monumental effort for Waverly to get out of mule town with a win.
Do you actually believe this Coach Holtz?

Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded! ~Lawrence M. Krauss
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

If Minford doesnt go back to taking a few shots down the field (and completing them) it will be a long night.

The 5-10 yard passes will be open if the QB will take the shotgun snap and get rid of the ball instead of running around. Too many missed wide open receivers in the Burg game, but he has the ability to make these throws.

I have a feeling Compton is going to have a big game Friday night for the Falcons.

Kitty Kats 14
Minford 17

FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

Bleeding Red wrote:If Minford doesnt go back to taking a few shots down the field (and completing them) it will be a long night.

The 5-10 yard passes will be open if the QB will take the shotgun snap and get rid of the ball instead of running around. Too many missed wide open receivers in the Burg game, but he has the ability to make these throws.

I have a feeling Compton is going to have a big game Friday night for the Falcons.

Kitty Kats 14
Minford 17
I agree quarterback play is what is making this an average Minford team as opposed to a good Minford team.

Return to “Football”