Site Admin

Southern 52 South Gallia 14

Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
asb
Freshman Team

Re: WK9 South Gallia (3-5) @ Southern (6-2)

Post by asb »

South Gallia with an upset 24-20

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Tornados come away with the Win!

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Not this week! Southern!

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

Southern coming off a 2 game losing streak after starting the year red hot 6-0. Southern can clinch a playoff spot with a win.

South Gallia coming off a big win against Wahama! South Gallia won last year 48-21.

Should be a good game.

Alumni17
Waterboy

Post by Alumni17 »

Southern gets back on track in a big way going to load up the box and stop the sheets boy I feel he will break one or two around the outside as Southern has had trouble on containment but still Southern will overwhelm the Rebels and being senior night the tornadoes will want to go out with style

Southern-41
South Gallia-14

Good luck to both teams

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

In the past two games Southern has faced cheap shots, and cheaters, respectively. It will be good to face a class program (much like Southern is) in South Gallia. Southern will roll back to their winning ways and into the playoffs. Would like to see Southern play Trimble and then Waterford in the playoffs. Not sure Waterford will get one of their special crews for a playoff game, but if they can pull that off they might just win the first round game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Jim Ryan wrote:In the past two games Southern has faced cheap shots, and cheaters, respectively. It will be good to face a class program (much like Southern is) in South Gallia. Southern will roll back to their winning ways and into the playoffs. Would like to see Southern play Trimble and then Waterford in the playoffs. Not sure Waterford will get one of their special crews for a playoff game, but if they can pull that off they might just win the first round game.
Have a little class. I watched the replay of the Trimble Southern game 3 times and you guys just got beat... End of story.
Ever heard the old adage, don't poke the Bear??
Apparently Southern hasn't.
Have a little class and quit accusing teams of cheating or playing dirty when you get beat.
Was it not Southern who decided to mock Trimble with their hit stick and playing Johnny Cash?
Coach Chauncey should have never let that happen.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

SG in an upset special. 28-21

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:In the past two games Southern has faced cheap shots, and cheaters, respectively. It will be good to face a class program (much like Southern is) in South Gallia. Southern will roll back to their winning ways and into the playoffs. Would like to see Southern play Trimble and then Waterford in the playoffs. Not sure Waterford will get one of their special crews for a playoff game, but if they can pull that off they might just win the first round game.
Have a little class. I watched the replay of the Trimble Southern game 3 times and you guys just got beat... End of story.
Have a little class and quit accusing teams of cheating or playing dirty when you get beat.
Was it not Southern who decided to mock Trimble with their hit stick and playing Johnny Cash?
I doubt coach Chancey knows much of anything about what Trimble has done in the past in regards to hair-doos or pre-game rituals/music. LOL. If his team was doing it to mock or ridicule the other team, I doubt he would have let it happen.

Calling a bunch high school kids cheaters is ridiculous and not very classy Jim Ryan. Trimble and Waterford are dang good football teams and wishing to see them again in the playoffs doesn't make you look very intelligent .

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

Stone Cold wrote:
Orange and Brown wrote:
I doubt coach Chancey knows much of anything about what Trimble has done in the past in regards to hair-doos or pre-game rituals/music. LOL. If his team was doing it to mock or ridicule the other team, I doubt he would have let it happen.

Calling a bunch high school kids cheaters is ridiculous and not very classy Jim Ryan. Trimble and Waterford are dang good football teams and wishing to see them again in the playoffs doesn't make you look very intelligent .
Always have to love it when some goober gets on here and gives the old, "_________ a bunch of high school kids..." Fill in the blank with any number of statements. Never once did I call or refer to any "high school kids" as a cheater or cheaters. Maybe we will see how intelligent it was of me to wish the Tornadoes get to see them in the playoffs?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

I am so sick of hearing about this Trimble/Southern deal. This is my opinion based off talking with parents/coaches/fans.

1. Trimble doesn't have a patent on any type of rituals.

2. No Coach has the right to tell kids how to wear their hair, Coach Chancey is not their parents. Do I think it was dumb? Yes. Do I think he had something to do with Trimble's 2013 Mohawk Mafia? No clue, I hope not. Do I think Trimble played any better because of the Southern Mohawks? Not one bit. They played like they did because Phil is a great coach and found Southern's weakness and they were superior between the tackles. If it was because of the mohwaks the first Qtr wouldn't have been as tight as it was with both teams trading punts the first 4 possession's. The change happened when Phil got in the wishbone that Southern was not prepared for/whipped them up front.

3. Southern has played Johnny Cash at every home game I've been to as does a lot of high school and college teams, it was a part of a 20ish song playlist that started about an hour before the games as the teams warmed up, Southern did not come out to this song like Trimble does, they come out to their fight song by the band. For example, Meigs has a highlight reel on youtube using the same song so should Trimble take offense to that as well? Give me a break. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhBsKSjN1NE

4. The hit stick is something I am sure Coach Chancey knew nothing about but now that he does I hope you will never see it again... not because Trimble says so, a lot of teams have one (including Meigs) he's just not into that type of stuff.

5. The touchdown with 30 seconds left was a stone cold power move that I think Phil did to prove a point that Coach Chancey isn't going to roll into the Hocking and own it like most people was thinking at the time. Do I like it? No. Is there anything illegal about it? No. If Southern didn't want them to score they should have stopped them. Do I think Coach Chancey would do that to anyone (including Phil, now) NO, he has too much class. Just two totally different types of coaching philosophy's. Phil has ran the score up on people for years, I think he likes to reward his players and teach them to play hard 100% of the time and keep that killer instinct. Coach Chancey thinks more about how the other kids feel on the other teams and rewards his younger players with playing time but keeps in vanilla and runs the ball and has even taken a knee several times inside the 10 yard line to keep the score down with a lot of time left in the game to keep the score down. Two schools of thought... I know which one I think is right but doesn't mean it is...

6. The Trimble ADULT who rang Southern's victory bell is just a jerk, it doesn't make Trimble's school or football team look bad, just the one idiot. Southern should get over it.

***I am not trying to bring Meigs into this fight, Meigs is just the team I follow and root for the most (and Southern and Eastern).

oldgrumpy
Riding the Bench

Post by oldgrumpy »

SG in an upset!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

MeyerSpread wrote:I am so sick of hearing about this Trimble/Southern deal. This is my opinion based off talking with parents/coaches/fans.

1. Trimble doesn't have a patent on any type of rituals.

2. No Coach has the right to tell kids how to wear their hair, Coach Chancey is not their parents. Do I think it was dumb? Yes. Do I think he had something to do with Trimble's 2013 Mohawk Mafia? No clue, I hope not. Do I think Trimble played any better because of the Southern Mohawks? Not one bit. They played like they did because Phil is a great coach and found Southern's weakness and they were superior between the tackles. If it was because of the mohwaks the first Qtr wouldn't have been as tight as it was with both teams trading punts the first 4 possession's. The change happened when Phil got in the wishbone that Southern was not prepared for/whipped them up front.

3. Southern has played Johnny Cash at every home game I've been to as does a lot of high school and college teams, it was a part of a 20ish song playlist that started about an hour before the games as the teams warmed up, Southern did not come out to this song like Trimble does, they come out to their fight song by the band. For example, Meigs has a highlight reel on youtube using the same song so should Trimble take offense to that as well? Give me a break. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhBsKSjN1NE

4. The hit stick is something I am sure Coach Chancey knew nothing about but now that he does I hope you will never see it again... not because Trimble says so, a lot of teams have one (including Meigs) he's just not into that type of stuff.

5. The touchdown with 30 seconds left was a stone cold power move that I think Phil did to prove a point that Coach Chancey isn't going to roll into the Hocking and own it like most people was thinking at the time. Do I like it? No. Is there anything illegal about it? No. If Southern didn't want them to score they should have stopped them. Do I think Coach Chancey would do that to anyone (including Phil, now) NO, he has too much class. Just two totally different types of coaching philosophy's. Phil has ran the score up on people for years, I think he likes to reward his players and teach them to play hard 100% of the time and keep that killer instinct. Coach Chancey thinks more about how the other kids feel on the other teams and rewards his younger players with playing time but keeps in vanilla and runs the ball and has even taken a knee several times inside the 10 yard line to keep the score down with a lot of time left in the game to keep the score down. Two schools of thought... I know which one I think is right but doesn't mean it is...

6. The Trimble ADULT who rang Southern's victory bell is just a jerk, it doesn't make Trimble's school or football team look bad, just the one idiot. Southern should get over it.

***I am not trying to bring Meigs into this fight, Meigs is just the team I follow and root for the most (and Southern and Eastern).
If you are so sick of hearing about it then why did you write about it? Anyway, I agree with most of what you wrote. Yes Trimble runs it up, and that will come back to them in the future. I also think Meigs wishes they had never let Chancey go, cause he is a class act. He'll get his chance to hang one on Phil down the road. I agree with you that he won't do it. So I guess we'll see.

As for this week, Southern wins and keeps the playoff talk alive.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Southern 28 South Gallia 22. Sheets has a huge game for SG.

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Myerspread is on point. I believe the last two weeks we was just out coached and out played. No cheating or any of that crap. Just FYI Southern doesn't have a hit stick. It's a sledge hammer and it was started in 2013 by one of this years players brother. Some of these boys have gotten Mohawks several times throughout their football careers beginning in youth football.
It's time Southern proves itself and wins a big game. We will see if the coaches and kids will eventually prove to themselves and everyone they are the real deal.

JV Team

Post by 1906 »

south Gallia is a joke they need cancel football to save money and put it into academics!! that goes for their baseball program too jack james retired and the place is being run in the ground period!

The Butcher
Waterboy

Post by The Butcher »

Orange and Brown wrote:
Since when did Trimble get a patenet on Johnnys music? I doubt coach CHANCEY let those boys choose to mock trimble. BTW, as a moderator shouldnt you be able to spell a coaches name right. Kinda insulting if you ask me.....

If we haven't heard a rumor by noon, we start one!
SuthurnFan
Waterboy

Post by SuthurnFan »

Should go to Southern, by 2 touchdowns, but again, that's why they play the games

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

straight line winds 30
end of earth and turn right 12

Return to “Football”