Oak Hill Lady Oaks 2008-09

rivercat
Freshman Team

Re: Oak Hill Lady Oaks 2008-09

Post by rivercat »

Knowing that this is a Lady Oak's post, let me start out by saying congratulations to Coach Hale's program for all of their success. They are not only a source of pride for the Oak Hill community, but all of southeastern Ohio as well. Coach Hale runs his program the right way and the work he puts into it shows on the court.
That being said, I have to offer a word of support for Hawkeyepierce. His post's are eloquent and sometime's misunderstood, but make no mistake about his commitment to making opportunities for the young people in Vinton County. He has spent countless hours of his own time and dollars of his own rescorces to give VC's youth athletic opportunities that they otherwise would not have had. Hawkeye along with Judge Grillo have made positive differences in the lives of Vinton Counties young people with their efforts and it is greatly appreciated in our community.
I think he also understands that communities make investments in their young athletes with both time and money,and quite frankly when they leave, it's hurts. I try not to speculate on any decisions parents make to move kids from one school district to another. I only hope they realize that loyalty and trust are important factors in making that decision.

VCLoyLT
Waterboy

Post by VCLoyLT »

OK..I am new to all of this but I have lived in VC all of my life and I LOVE it! I wanted to start with that. I don't have a problem with students transferring IF it is really in the best interest of the student. No I am not saying that Oak Hill schools are not as good as VC or vice versa...what I am saying is that this particular student transferred for one reason and one reason only...she was not getting her way! The VC girls are excellent athletes and could go very far if they ALL worked as a team. I would also like to add that VC is in a larger division which means that the competition that they see is much more difficult so I would think that it would be better for a player of her abilities to play in a higher division so that she could continue to improve on her skills.

All I am really saying is maybe all of you guys that think she is moving just because Oak Hill has a better program might want to watch out. You may get more than you bargained for. When a child is upset and throws a temper tantrum everyone around them is miserable. When one student is upset with a coach he or she should be taught that you always respect the coach no matter what. It is NEVER ok to back talk or bash that coach publicly. I can only hope that there is never a problem with this at Oak Hill

Judge Smales
Freshman Team

Post by Judge Smales »

VCLoyLT that will never happen in Oak Hill. The coaches control and run their programs, not the parents. I can assure you, if a player or parent trys to impose their will on Coach Hale or Coach Persin that player or parent will not be part of their program for very long at all. They also are very committed to a team concept. So if a player or parent had trouble with that concept at another school they are in for a rude awakening in Oak Hill. This is going to be fun to watch! :aaaaa6

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

vc,
divisions usually dont mean a thing.

welcome to the site.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

cj, love the avatar, one of my favorite bands.

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

How about we get this "Oak Hill Lady Oaks 2008-09" topic...back on topic!

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

GO LADY OAKS

SEO_BBALL001
Waterboy

Post by SEO_BBALL001 »

All that i have to say is that the two thunder girls, Karissa Adkins and Rebecca Puckett, will be unstopable. i have seen the two play with the wv thunder before and both are very good ball player. Puckett will be a great addition to the oak hill team. i look for them to do very well next year!

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

With the new addition of Jamie Shepard as the Oak Hill point guard.. Oak Hill will for sure take the state championship! FLAME ON YOU!!!!

son of busdriver
Waterboy

Post by son of busdriver »

Well if I remember correctly the South Webster Jeeps thought they were going to be state champs when Cayton left Minford for Webster, but they didn't make it happen.

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

I really don't think that Webster believed that at all. Was that their goal? Absolutely! They didn't think they had it won because of a new player.

Run & Gun wrote:With the new addition of Jamie Shepard as the Oak Hill point guard.. Oak Hill will for sure take the state championship! FLAME ON YOU!!!!

Who?

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

Just a new player coming to Oak Hill that will be a sure star! :twisted: :!: :!: :!:

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

Amazing outside shooter!

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

We had a boy at Oak Hill by the name of Jamie Shepard. THat is the first thing I thought of so I really don't know what this person is speaking of.

seohiofan
JV Team

Post by seohiofan »

where is this girl from?

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

interesting.

mof, thats the first thing i thought, who?

iwearblacknikes
S

Post by iwearblacknikes »

MOF: I'm surprised you haven't heard about the rising star

Run & Gun
Riding the Bench

Post by Run & Gun »

Shepard is a transfer coming in from Wheeling W.V. Will be a sophomore. Most talent i have ever seen in a ball player. can handle the ball and run an offense better than anyone i have ever seen. Plays AAU for a team in Pennsylvania

Return to “Girls Basketball”