Week 9 Southeasternohiopreps.com Top 25

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 5 Southeasternohiopreps.com Top 25

Post by mattash »

Mailman wrote:FYI 2-2 is not a winning record. Top of page says "need winning record to qualify." And I'm not being completely serious. You can do whatever you want. Just thought it was funny.

Thanks for the heads up.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:Where would ya put em?

Around 10-11 for right now.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

NewEra wrote:

Ahead of a team that beat them soundly?

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Mailman wrote:
NewEra wrote:

Ahead of a team that beat them soundly?
Although I do think Minford is better than Rock Hill NOW, I'd say put them 10 and Minford at 11.

Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

I think it's pretty close... Maybe put them and rock hill above east just because I have a hard time thinking that east would beat either team... 2 div difference is hard to overcome.. But the rest above them would prolly win... But like you said minford is a dif team now then the first 2 weeks, still a lil early to be sure how things will end up. We'll have more answers after to it tho!! BIG week!!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Cpt. Obvious wrote:I think it's pretty close... Maybe put them and rock hill above east just because I have a hard time thinking that east would beat either team... 2 div difference is hard to overcome.. But the rest above them would prolly win... But like you said minford is a dif team now then the first 2 weeks, still a lil early to be sure how things will end up. We'll have more answers after to it tho!! BIG week!!
Last time East played rock hill they beat them, East has one of the best Defenses in the area. Once they get their O lineman playing they'll be one of the top Offenses around. They've been playing without key contributors all year and remain undefeated. It's all about matchups and besides burg I don't think there's any team around here that they wouldn't have a chance with. Especially without all their penalties lol

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Minford and Piketon played an evenly matched scrimmage (I know its tough to gauge off a scrimmage) but east played like a jamboree vs Piketon and dominated them. It was 22-0 until like the last possession when Piketon through a pass and connected for a TD off of an illegal pick by the WR on one of east DBs...they played a half of football. I don't know who would win but I do know East wouldn't be a pushover

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

asb wrote:
Cpt. Obvious wrote:I think it's pretty close... Maybe put them and rock hill above east just because I have a hard time thinking that east would beat either team... 2 div difference is hard to overcome.. But the rest above them would prolly win... But like you said minford is a dif team now then the first 2 weeks, still a lil early to be sure how things will end up. We'll have more answers after to it tho!! BIG week!!
Last time East played rock hill they beat them, East has one of the best Defenses in the area. Once they get their O lineman playing they'll be one of the top Offenses around. They've been playing without key contributors all year and remain undefeated. It's all about matchups and besides burg I don't think there's any team around here that they wouldn't have a chance with. Especially without all their penalties lol
East beat RH 2 or 3 Years ago, whole different team and kids now

You can't handle the truth
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

asb wrote:
Ok. RH is much better these days. 3 years ago they fell off the face of the earth and through a resurgence of attitude have turned things around. East beat a horrible Valley squad. Wow. No big deal. They may not win a game this year. I don't believe for a second they beat Minford or RH.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

P(irate) wrote:
asb wrote:
Ok. RH is much better these days. 3 years ago they fell off the face of the earth and through a resurgence of attitude have turned things around. East beat a horrible Valley squad. Wow. No big deal. They may not win a game this year. I don't believe for a second they beat Minford or RH.
I probably agree with you. But, Oak Hill should have beat Minford but yes, they did lose. Notre Dame gave Oak Hill all they wanted and if not for a couple of late turnovers should have won the game. And I believe East to be better than Notre Dame. Not saying East would beat them but it's not beyond belief that East could beat Minford.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

You ate trying to compare games and scores to get your end result. Minford week 2..... shoulda coulda woulda. I have watched some of the OH ND film and ND looks pretty talented. OH not so much. I have watched Minford as well and from the looks of last night, they are much better going in to week 6. Early scores and games can more than likely be thrown out the window by now. Minford now beats East. Week 1 East would win. That's all I'm trying to say.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

P(irate) wrote:You ate trying to compare games and scores to get your end result. Minford week 2..... shoulda coulda woulda. I have watched some of the OH ND film and ND looks pretty talented. OH not so much. I have watched Minford as well and from the looks of last night, they are much better going in to week 6. Early scores and games can more than likely be thrown out the window by now. Minford now beats East. Week 1 East would win. That's all I'm trying to say.
I said I probably agree.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

If you can't throw the ball you'll have a tough time running the ball vs East. Imo East could beat Minford and Rock Hill. East has been playing without key starters all season, they probably played their worst game vs Valley and the refs didn't help(killing 4 drives that could've possibly been scores) yeah Valley may be down but they're a little better week 5 than week 1-4 and will be better week 6. East had over 200 yards in penalties and 2 turnovers, Valley didn't score until the 4th quarter, you usually lose games like that when you play as bad as East did. Am I saying East is the best team around, No! I'm just saying I've watched a lot of teams in this area on film and besides Burg out of the teams I've seen East would have a chance. They're not a bad football team at all.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

asb wrote:If you can't throw the ball you'll have a tough time running the ball vs East. Imo East could beat Minford and Rock Hill. East has been playing without key starters all season, they probably played their worst game vs Valley and the refs didn't help(killing 4 drives that could've possibly been scores) yeah Valley may be down but they're a little better week 5 than week 1-4 and will be better week 6. East had over 200 yards in penalties and 2 turnovers, Valley didn't score until the 4th quarter, you usually lose games like that when you play as bad as East did. Am I saying East is the best team around, No! I'm just saying I've watched a lot of teams in this area on film and besides Burg out of the teams I've seen East would have a chance. They're not a bad football team at all.
I've watched Minford twice and they throw the ball well enough. At times I wonder why they don't throw it more. I think it would be a great game.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 6 Southeasternohiopreps.com Top 25

Post by mattash »

updated

Michael Scott
Bigdog
Freshman Team

Post by Bigdog »

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

nice thx

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Love this!! Gonna need some more adjustments after Peake and Portsmouth go down.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Pretty cool, especially with the pics added.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Week 7 Southeasternohiopreps.com Top 25

Post by mattash »

updated

Michael Scott

Return to “Football”