1%
Rock Hill
17%

Total votes: 154

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: OVC 2016

Post by LetsGoPSU »

sure is nice to be able to say the Trojans of Portsmouth have opened 2-0,hope they can keep playing well enough to win , and if they do we will see where the chips fall....GO TROJANS

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

indeed for you Trojan fans this must be sweet. my team however has the numbers reversed. and are looking to get off the mat. this is very quickly turning into an ultra competitive league in all sports. especially football and basketball. frankly it's any one's to win. with several teams emerging as leaders of the pack.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Da man
Riding the Bench

Post by Da man »

GAME OF THE WEEK!!

Week 3 Ironton @Fairland

Week 4 RH @ Portsmouth
Last edited by Da man on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Da man wrote:GAME OF THE WEEK!!

Week 3 Ironton @Fairland

Week 4 RH @ Portsmouth/ CG @ Chesapeake
I realize that it's Coal Grove's 4th game, but they actually play @ Chesapeake in week 5. Just trying to avoid a little confusion.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

Ironton will win out the rest of the season. I know you are thinking old knightruner has done lost his mind. I don't know what happen at the Burg but that was not the same Ironton team that played Russell. Ironton's defense was pretty good this past Friday or Russell's big O was not as good as everyone thought. I have only seen Portsmouth play Valley and they look pretty good but CG beat Vally too so I don't know what to take from the CG and Portsmouths wins over Vally. If Portsmouth can give the Burg all they want and it is a close game then I will be eating some crow in saying Ironton will be 8 & 2 at the end of the season. I think Ironton's two toughest games left on the schedule are the Peak and CG and both are at home.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

knightruner wrote:Ironton will win out the rest of the season. I know you are thinking old knightruner has done lost his mind. I don't know what happen at the Burg but that was not the same Ironton team that played Russell. Ironton's defense was pretty good this past Friday or Russell's big O was not as good as everyone thought. I have only seen Portsmouth play Valley and they look pretty good but CG beat Vally too so I don't know what to take from the CG and Portsmouths wins over Vally. If Portsmouth can give the Burg all they want and it is a close game then I will be eating some crow in saying Ironton will be 8 & 2 at the end of the season. I think Ironton's two toughest games left on the schedule are the Peak and CG and both are at home.
Oh boy. You're going to be disappointed. not Irontons year.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

knightruner wrote:Ironton will win out the rest of the season. I know you are thinking old knightruner has done lost his mind. I don't know what happen at the Burg but that was not the same Ironton team that played Russell. Ironton's defense was pretty good this past Friday or Russell's big O was not as good as everyone thought. I have only seen Portsmouth play Valley and they look pretty good but CG beat Vally too so I don't know what to take from the CG and Portsmouths wins over Vally. If Portsmouth can give the Burg all they want and it is a close game then I will be eating some crow in saying Ironton will be 8 & 2 at the end of the season. I think Ironton's two toughest games left on the schedule are the Peak and CG and both are at home.
I think your for getting about Rock Hill @ the Hill
A lot of folks are for getting about them.

You can't handle the truth
Cpt. Obvious
JV Team

Post by Cpt. Obvious »

I can see the OVC championship being decided week 10 when Coal Grove plays Rock Hill. I think it's the Hornets year tho, game will be at their house.

Dinnertyme69
Waterboy

Post by Dinnertyme69 »

TROJANS run the table

HOGS LEAD THE WAY
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:TROJANS run the table
I hope you like crow!

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Dinnertyme69 wrote:TROJANS run the table
I Don't see any team going undefeated in the ovc

amzn
Waterboy

Post by amzn »

Rick Hill. Coal Grove. Chesapeake. Ironton. Portsmouth in any order

PopeSnoopDogThe1st
Varsity

Post by PopeSnoopDogThe1st »

The OVC is a wide open race, and there is still A LOT OF Football to play. I do feel there has already been a very big improvement in the quality of play and level of how our teams are competing outside of the conference. There is also a higher energy and higher level of excitement in OVC land and hopefully that continues on....with all that being said, I will in no way guarantee final records or wins and loses, but I will be cheering on the Men of The Red & White on the Hill!!!

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

It is hard judge who will win at this point in the season most of the OVC teams to this point have not played quality teams.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Game day wrote:It is hard judge who will win at this point in the season most of the OVC teams to this point have not played quality teams.
Exactly,

Henry Jones, Jr.
Freshman Team

Post by Henry Jones, Jr. »

Week 3 should give a little more insight to where every team stands.

For starters, Ironton & Fairland square off in the first conference game of the year.
Also, Rock Hill will host Oak Hill. Chesapeake beat Oak Hill 40-14 in Oak Hill.
Coal Grove will visit Portsmouth West. Fairland lost to the Senators 20-26 in Week 1

Week 3 seems to be when a lot of teams find their identity.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

gametime wrote:
Game day wrote:It is hard judge who will win at this point in the season most of the OVC teams to this point have not played quality teams.
Exactly,
I think Ironton has played two pretty good teams. Much better than anyone else in the OVC.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

knightruner wrote:
gametime wrote:
Exactly,
I think Ironton has played two pretty good teams. Much better than anyone else in the OVC.
Russell wasn't supposed to be that good this yr and burg well they are the best team in southern Ohio, Peake did play Alexander

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

gametime wrote:
knightruner wrote:
gametime wrote:
Exactly,
Russell wasn't supposed to be that good this yr and burg well they are the best team in southern Ohio, Peake did play Alexander
Oak Hill isn't a slouch either. Neither games have even been close

ROLL PEAKE
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

knightruner wrote:
gametime wrote:
Exactly,

WHEELERSBURG DEFINATELY. RUSSELL MAYBE. I THINK THE PARITY IN THE OVC IS REALLY GOING TO BE RIGHT UP THERE THIS YEAR.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Return to “Football”