Cleveland Browns 2016-for what it's worth

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Cleveland Browns 2016-for what it's worth

Post by dazed&confused »

I'm going to start the thread because, well, someone has to. Over-under on wins at 3 in my estimation. But they will be the youngest team with the greatest salary cap room in the NFL.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
bighead
All State

Re: Cleveland Browns 2016-for what it's worth

Post by bighead »

5 wins!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

You know the Browns might actually win the first game but it would be fools gold. Realistically I see them going 3-13

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Defense is still horrible looking from what I have seen in preseason,offense is still not scoring many points,looks like the same ole Browns with different names.Offensive line is key.Can they protect Bob Griffin? He has a history of injuries so he probably will wind up in the infirmary like McCown last year if the line don't improve. Lack of a running game and short receivers has handicapped Browns QB'S in recent years.Looks like they got the reciever problem straightened out.I can't believe they traded Lee ,he was their best player giving them field position with an anemic offense.They did complete a few deep balls in the preseason,they will need a lot of that to win games this year.Maybe they will surprise us, who knows

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

Hey Bolt, they traded Lee for a draft pick. They're accumulating assets now. It's a numbers game. I'm a little skeptical but given their run of picks lately, I guess increasing their numbers puts the odds more in their favor. BTW, I really wanted to see them pick Dak Prescott in the third round. He looks pretty good for Dallas now. :(

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Yea I know and we know how brilliant their picks have been in past years,eventually they bound to have blind luck.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I can't imagine the howl in Cleveland next week if Wentz goes out and lights them up Sunday and Bob stinks the place up,but it shouldn't happen because the Browns front office thought Wentz wasn't even a top twenty QB coming out.Hum the plot is thick for this one

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think hue Jackson makes a big difference there this year.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

I actually think the Browns might win this but not counting on it. However, we have Philly's first pick in the draft so I can't lose. Or win. :?

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

They should win,if they don't something is badly wrong.Wentz has only played in one preseason game,if he goes out and lights up the Browns defense, wow, they will be lucky to win one game.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Well if today is any indication the new front office has made their first major blunder not taking Wentz and Bob looks like he is hurt already,but it was against a terrible Browns defense so we will see if Wentz can keep it up.Looks like the same ole stuff up on the Lake

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Takes time !

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

You don't get it. It's more fun now to revel in the complacency of defeatism. Embrace mediocrity, fellow Browns fans. I experienced no feelings of despondency yesterday. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed. "Buy our hideous jerseys, fill our stadium at the beginning of the game, purchase outrageously priced food and beverages and have hope at each and every draft. AT LEAST YOU STILL HAVE A TEAM!" The following message was brought to you by the Haslams and the NFL.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO

Post by dazed&confused »

If you had 1st game in the "RGIII How long will he last" pool, congratulations. Collect your winnings. Striaght cash, homie!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Browns only lost because of those uniforms.
Last edited by noreply66 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

There's always next year

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have not read any of this. and it's likely already been discussed. but rg3 is a ''preema donna''. always has been who takes unnessesary chances.and as the browns whiffed on wentz and goff, here we are at week 2 , with rg3 in the 'murgency room. and that jersey picture you see on facebook that has like 30 names on it just gets longer. I really hope hue Jackson can get this franchise turned around. and these fellers from ohio get back on track. but here it is week 2, and the browns are already on the clock again for a new signal caller. well good luck to you dawgs. and here's hopin things get better up there in Cleveland.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

Where is Milt Plum or Dr. Frank Ryan when you need them?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I didn't expect the Browns to win more than 3-4 games this season, given the incumbent players, a new coaching staff, and a QB situation that has more questions than answers. Even before Griffin was hurt, there were still concerns about him after he sat out all of the 2015 season with concussion symptoms. Now Josh McCown takes the spot, and he is 2-17 as a starter. The wide receiver group is better than last year, and Josh Gordon will only make them better......but can he behave himself?

The defense was awful vs. Philadelphia........and it was awful in the preseason. I don't see that unit improving that much during the 2016 season. In all, it looks like another year of being a bottom dweller in the AFC North. It's not like it was unexpected, though. We Browns fans should be used to it, but it's very tired to see this same scenario play out year in and year out.

I will give our new front office regime credit for one thing......they have stockpiled a lot of draft choices for 2017, BUT THEY HAVE TO DO THEIR HOMEWORK AND PICK THE RIGHT PLAYERS. Supposedly we have some high IQ people in charge of personnel, but the jury is out on how well they will stack our roster in the next year or two. Right now, if we get the #1 pick in the 2017 draft, I would go with DeShawn Watson of Clemson (DO NOT TRADE OUT OF THIS PICK!!) I like his athleticism and decision making. We have to surround him, though, with good pieces so that he won't end up on his back half the game.

I like Hue Jackson as head coach.......I just hope the front office gives him a fair chance, something that previous regimes have not had a good track record of doing so.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Return to “Pro Sports”