2016 Cincinnati Redlegs

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2016 Cincinnati Redlegs

Post by Chieftain2009 »

It looks like the deal that sends Phillips to Washington is complete.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Chieftain2009 wrote:It looks like the deal that sends Phillips to Washington is complete.
Good Lord... the shelves are bare.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Unbelievable! Looks like they may be going for the record of most losses in a season.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

If they can unload Votto by getting him to agree to a trade, the house cleaning would be complete. As the Inspector mentioned up thread, you got to tear it down to build it back, but are there any prospects obtained in these trades or farm hands available to even start building a contender four to five years down the road? Seems like KC and Houston went the same route but had farm team talent to build upon. From afar, the Reds minor league system seems to be as devoid of talent as the parent club. Is there any hope on the horizon?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Young pitching is where it is at for the Reds!! High on Lorenzen,Finnegan,Disco,Mella,Traviesso,Weiss,Moscot,Lamb,and Romano. Almost giddy about the potential of Robert Stephenson,Cody Reed,Amir Garrett,and Raisel Iglesias!! I like Jesse Winker. Hopefully Yorman.Aquino,Ervin,or another hitting prospect can take the next step. They have one of the best prospects in T Stephenson at catcher. LaValley is another prospect I like.

They are still going to trade Chapman. Phillips...what can you say?..$$$$!!...They are still going to trade Bruce for a bag of balls. But he will be addition by subtraction. Get Homer back in May along with Mes and Cozart being healthy. They are going to build around Joey. They also have the 2nd pick and they HAVE to go O and make it count. Peraza and Schebler are nice pickups..IMO

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

The Inspector wrote:Young pitching is where it is at for the Reds!! High on Lorenzen,Finnegan,Disco,Mella,Traviesso,Weiss,Moscot,Lamb,and Romano. Almost giddy about the potential of Robert Stephenson,Cody Reed,Amir Garrett,and Raisel Iglesias!! I like Jesse Winker. Hopefully Yorman.Aquino,Ervin,or another hitting prospect can take the next step. They have one of the best prospects in T Stephenson at catcher. LaValley is another prospect I like.

They are still going to trade Chapman. Phillips...what can you say?..$$$$!!...They are still going to trade Bruce for a bag of balls. But he will be addition by subtraction. Get Homer back in May along with Mes and Cozart being healthy. They are going to build around Joey. They also have the 2nd pick and they HAVE to go O and make it count. Peraza and Schebler are nice pickups..IMO
I agree with you on all that! The young pitching for the Reds is terrifying for opposing teams once they all develop, and IF they do. Get rid of Bruce, 30 homers and a .200 BA each year isn't doing much for you, he plays great D, but doesn't provide much else. I'm super excited for Mesoraco and Cozart to come back, Suarez played incredible last year at short! Votto still has several years left where he will be a .300+ hitter and hit 25 homers. They can build around these guys and be real good as contenders again in a couple years.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

I really see the Reds dead last in the NL this year....

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

It all starts with the GM terrible job.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

for sure

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I love the Chapman trade. 1 Why do we need a closer we are rebuilding. 2. Rookie Davis is 22 and most scouts have him as Yanks 2nd best pitching prospect. Rocky 38 innings in double A but I think hes a future # 3. 3. Jagielo has 24 HRs in 140 minor league games was crushing it before the knee injury. If he can prove he can play 3rd I have him at his peak at 32 Homeruns .280 guy he is really slow and his defense sucks but he can take a walk and has an amazing bat. 4. We traded 1 season of Chapman for potentially a starting 3rd baseman and back end starter. The Reds has traded for young power in Schleber and Jagielo. Pereza is an on base machine. I think Cothem will make the big league team.

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

EasternDspy wrote:I love the Chapman trade. 1 Why do we need a closer we are rebuilding. 2. Rookie Davis is 22 and most scouts have him as Yanks 2nd best pitching prospect. Rocky 38 innings in double A but I think hes a future # 3. 3. Jagielo has 24 HRs in 140 minor league games was crushing it before the knee injury. If he can prove he can play 3rd I have him at his peak at 32 Homeruns .280 guy he is really slow and his defense sucks but he can take a walk and has an amazing bat. 4. We traded 1 season of Chapman for potentially a starting 3rd baseman and back end starter. The Reds has traded for young power in Schleber and Jagielo. Pereza is an on base machine. I think Cothem will make the big league team.
I dont agree with you about Cothem at all. But I like your post and agree with the rest of it :) Now convince that prima donna BP to get out of town and hopefully find a landing place for Jay(Which will be very difficult)....Then the rebuild has officially begun

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

Aroldis Chapman had been acquired by the Yankees :(

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Its a good thing Val...The Missile will blow up in NY City... A little disappointed in the haul....but....He had to go.....He went nuts a couple months ago or it would have been more. He will be suspended for a period of time. He put 7 bullet holes in his garage and roughed his girl up?...

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

You guys think Suarez plays 3rd? Schlebler and Duval platoon in left?

The Inspector
Varsity

Post by The Inspector »

Thats probably their thinking going in.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

The Reds did not get near enough for Frazier or Chapman. Compare those trades to what they got for Cueto and Leake at the deadline last year and you have to be disappointed. With the cloud hanging over Chapman you can understand trading him now but not Frazier. My Daughter and future Son in Law both worked Redsfest for the Reds earlier this month and Frazier told the owner and Walt he wanted to be a Red forever.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

NY is show time I always thought they might make a play. But Bruce is the player that will be hard to unload along with BP.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Never who have got rid of Frazier my opinion

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

Never would have gotten rid of Frazier my opinion

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

I'm not surprised at all they traded Chapman, it was coming sooner or later, either at the trade deadline or during this winter. They'll dump Phillips off at some point for chump change probably. At this point I think this will be their lineup.

Catcher - Devin Mesoraco
1st Base - Joey Votto
2nd Base - Brandon Phillips
3rd Base - Eugenio Suarez
Shortstop - Zack Cozart
Left Field - Scott Schebler/Ivan de Jesus
Center Field - Billy Hamilton
Right Field - Jay Bruce

Return to “Pro Sports”