Re: Burg at Oak Hill 12/17

Post by scott1297 »

Way to go Burg! Great game!

Burg grad 85
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

Burg is a real good drive and kick team. They’ll find the open man on the floor every time. Their comeback was fueled on the back of foul shots from driving to the bucket nonstop. Proud of the Oaks anyway, Potter set on bench half the game and a couple bench players not used to playing much had to play almost 2 whole quarters. Temperaments will get this Burg team beat eventually. 2 techs and Miller flirted with a 3rd multiple times with some choice words to the ref.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

SOC94 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 am If Hanning can give you 10-15 and the rest of the starters/bench combine to give you around the same I think Oak Hill will be ok. Hammond will go 20+. First to 50 definitely wins this game, maybe closer to 40.
Well you called the score perfect..but burg got to 50 first..oak hill shot themselves in the foot in the 4th qtr with missed free throw opportunities

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:36 pm
SOC94 wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 am If Hanning can give you 10-15 and the rest of the starters/bench combine to give you around the same I think Oak Hill will be ok. Hammond will go 20+. First to 50 definitely wins this game, maybe closer to 40.
Well you called the score perfect..but burg got to 50 first..oak hill shot themselves in the foot in the 4th qtr with missed free throw opportunities
For sure let one get away. Love the rivalry between oak hill and burg but Ater has to do a better job of keeping his kids emotions under control. Year after year subject here lately. Great game to take in.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Oaks probably blew there only chance at beating the Burg this year. Not taking anything away from the Burg, but they were there for the taking tonight. Would have liked to have seen a couple of the Oaks starters play at least half the game, I know the point guard played less than half the game. That's the way it goes sometimes. Hammond had his way the first half with 18pts. The Burg played a lot better defense against him in the 2nd half as he only had 4pts. Give Burg credit, I know OH went to the line at least 4 or 5 times in the one and one, and failed every time. Burg would then convert about every time after that and it seemed as if the momentum began to swing Burgs way. I could say 2 different things, I could say that OH blew the game, or I could just say that the Burg took it when it became available.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:30 pm
4thgoal wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 pm I wonder if Eifort is under water?

Heard it was clear. There are alternate routes besides 140

Burg walks on water so what does it matter?

You know it!! Please don’t forget it!! :o :o

Great win tonight Burg on the road. Tough place to play. Big conference win!

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Has anyone seen the temperament of coach norm? Why must there be a pot shot at burg in every thread?..... Oak hill kid didn’t deserve the technical.....They didn’t deserve the fouls that were called on them.

Give me a break. :roll:

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

I watched Burg at Ironton last year . Never seen a team act like they did . Always running their mouths and showboating. I personally never seen that when Barrick was there. What is going on ? I heard by officials that they had the most Technical fouls in the state . Just what I was told.

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

I watched Burg at Ironton last year . Never seen a team act like they did . Always running their mouths and showboating. I personally never seen that when Barrick was there. What is going on ? I heard by officials that they had the most Technical fouls in the state . Just what I was told.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

laser breath wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:40 pm Has anyone seen the temperament of coach norm? Why must there be a pot shot at burg in every thread?..... Oak hill kid didn’t deserve the technical.....They didn’t deserve the fouls that were called on them.

I don't think that I said that OH didn't deserve the fouls, or take a shot at the Burg either. I did say that I would have liked to have seen a couple of there starters play a little closer to half the game. Even after the game, I still have no idea why the technical was even called, I know there was a scramble on the floor, mayby something was said, I have no idea.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Tanner Holden was responsible for 75% of the Techs last year

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Haven't seen norm in a few years but I'm guessing he hasn't mellowed much?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

packers80 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:02 am Haven't seen norm in a few years but I'm guessing he hasn't mellowed much?
Sat on Burg's side, all joking aside he seemed pretty mellow tonight. I mayby should add, I wasn't in the locker room after the game. Lol

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Lest we forget Ater is a Norm prodigy from the Peake

Back when Ater was the coach here, I got to know him well in school. He’s a fierce competitor and an OUTSTANDING coach. He makes his team believe they’re the best and gets the most out of them every season.

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 am Lest we forget Ater is a Norm prodigy from the Peake

Back when Ater was the coach here, I got to know him well in school. He’s a fierce competitor and an OUTSTANDING coach. He makes his team believe they’re the best and gets the most out of them every season.
:lol: :lol:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

bigburgboy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:21 pm
Swanker Pine wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:51 am Lest we forget Ater is a Norm prodigy from the Peake

:lol: :lol:
I must’ve missed the joke?

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

The joke is he cannot control his players . They do whatever they want. If your team leads the STATE in technical fouls then something should be addressed. Not sure about the the Technical fouls at OH but it seems to be the same old song . Society today is a mess as far Athletes showboating. As a Coach teach right from wrong . I am talking about the constant problem .

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Prince wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:36 pm The joke is he cannot control his players . They do whatever they want. If your team leads the STATE in technical fouls then something should be addressed. Not sure about the the Technical fouls at OH but it seems to be the same old song . Society today is a mess as far Athletes showboating. As a Coach teach right from wrong . I am talking about the constant problem .
Now you are just trying to turn hearsay into fact by repeating it from your earlier post. I’d like to know where I can find that stat category. You even said “just what I was told”

willferrell
Waterboy

Post by willferrell »

Double tech..laughable!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Swanker Pine wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:30 pm
4thgoal wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:16 pm I wonder if Eifort is under water?

Heard it was clear. There are alternate routes besides 140

Burg walks on water so what does it matter?
Ordinary kids doing extraordinary things

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Boys Basketball”