State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

SpeedKillz

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by SpeedKillz »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:44 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:41 am
caliron wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:34 pm First post. Most posters seem to think this game will be strictly power vs power and nobody is talking about Ironton's passing offense (and defense) which may very well be the difference in the outcome. Kirtland seems like the old Ironton that had a great very disciplined running attack but somewhat ineffective passing game. In many ways, this game is kind of like Old Ironton vs New Ironton.

Go Tigers, watching from California.
That's pretty fair in my opinion. It looks like Kirtland likes to throw around 3 to 5 tiimes a game, ideally. It will be interesting to see if they have to alter their approach a bit because, I gotta be honest, I do not believe they are more physical, and I do not believe they are faster, and I do not see any depth advantage for Kirtland, and I do believe Ironton enjoys the advantage of size, power and experience. Special teams, I am checking the box for Ironton as well. I think the early framers of this contest had this whole narrative backwards. I think Ironton outmuscles Kirtland.
Dang, should Kirtland even show up?? I'm sure they've never seen anything like this before, when they were playing Coldwater, Minster, multiple times against Marie Stein Local all of these perennial powerhouse programs from the MAC. I'm sure in most cases the boxes aren't checked for them but somehow they manage to just get it done there's a reason for that and it goes beyond fans looking at a checkmark in a box saying this team or that team has the advantage on paper. Paper advantages never won a game. They will not change their approach, you're not naïve enough to believe Ironton is the only team they've faced where others felt they were at a disadvantage?? Against Marie Stein Local they ran it 63 times for 303 for a title last year and Marie Stein is the Apex opponent for any teams title run within that division, it runs through Marie Stein. Each one of your post basically have Ironton running away with it because of a paper advantage, I hope this is the case but this is going to be a knock down drag out game from start to finish and hopefully Ironton can pull out the win where it counts, on the field.
Good job overgeneralizing and then creating a completely unrelated narrative by trying to sell that what is my comment outlined or implied. I've always kinda suspected that you small town boys were a little slower. Ya didn't dissapoint. Lol

At any rate, is this thread about the game sat night or is it about a game from previous seasons? Why did ya not use a present example? Seems like it would be more applicable for a real counter argument but instead, you're reaching.

It is either THAT or you are slow. 🤷‍♂️😂

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Game day Ironton

Good luck !!!

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
mstigerfan84
Waterboy

Post by mstigerfan84 »

Good morning its game day!!! Good luck to THE Ironton Fighting Tigers!!! Its a day those boys will never forget. I know because i was at the Shoe in 1982 for the State Championship. I believe it was an attendance record for high school football championships with over 31,000 people there. It was an awesome experience and i didnt even get to play. Just warming up before the game and after halftime on that sacred field in front of that crowd is something Ive carried with me for 30+ years! So enjoy it boys and bring home a victory for the town of Ironton and all of Southern Ohio!

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

Good luck from Marauder land "GO TIGERS"

mstigerfan84
Waterboy

Post by mstigerfan84 »

Appreciate the support from Gods country itsme!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

we here in tiger nation are overwhelmed by all the well wishes from programs all over. that is truly a kind gesture of friendship, and support. we feel the same way about you all as well. and we are very pleased by all the prayers and backing. I'm sure the fighting tigers are very pumped about right now. but our coach and staff will keep them grounded. this just has to be an amazing feeling for these young men, and coaches. I've seen where they practiced at canton south. and indoors at masillon Washington's indoor training facility. they are having an amazing experience right now. what a glorious day to be a fan of the fighting tigers and the ohio state buckeyes. I know one thing. no one who will be standing on the fighting tiger sidelines , coaches or players think this mountain can't be climbed. they repect every opponent, but they are battle tested as well. and it we limit turnovers and penalties, we should be able to play a wonderful game. 2 amazing, historical powerhouse programs going toe to toe. that is the kinda stuff movies are made of. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SpeedKillz wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:56 am
greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:44 am
SpeedKillz wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:41 am

That's pretty fair in my opinion. It looks like Kirtland likes to throw around 3 to 5 tiimes a game, ideally. It will be interesting to see if they have to alter their approach a bit because, I gotta be honest, I do not believe they are more physical, and I do not believe they are faster, and I do not see any depth advantage for Kirtland, and I do believe Ironton enjoys the advantage of size, power and experience. Special teams, I am checking the box for Ironton as well. I think the early framers of this contest had this whole narrative backwards. I think Ironton outmuscles Kirtland.
Dang, should Kirtland even show up?? I'm sure they've never seen anything like this before, when they were playing Coldwater, Minster, multiple times against Marie Stein Local all of these perennial powerhouse programs from the MAC. I'm sure in most cases the boxes aren't checked for them but somehow they manage to just get it done there's a reason for that and it goes beyond fans looking at a checkmark in a box saying this team or that team has the advantage on paper. Paper advantages never won a game. They will not change their approach, you're not naïve enough to believe Ironton is the only team they've faced where others felt they were at a disadvantage?? Against Marie Stein Local they ran it 63 times for 303 for a title last year and Marie Stein is the Apex opponent for any teams title run within that division, it runs through Marie Stein. Each one of your post basically have Ironton running away with it because of a paper advantage, I hope this is the case but this is going to be a knock down drag out game from start to finish and hopefully Ironton can pull out the win where it counts, on the field.
Good job overgeneralizing and then creating a completely unrelated narrative by trying to sell that what is my comment outlined or implied. I've always kinda suspected that you small town boys were a little slower. Ya didn't dissapoint. Lol

At any rate, is this thread about the game sat night or is it about a game from previous seasons? Why did ya not use a present example? Seems like it would be more applicable for a real counter argument but instead, you're reaching.

It is either THAT or you are slow. 🤷‍♂️😂
Yeah you're right the team that just won the state championship last year, graduated they're entire team, :lol: :lol: . The team this year is made up of all freshman and 1st year players...wow.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Good luck tonight ironton, safe travels to everyone heading to canton today.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Good Luck tonight Ironton. Stay injury free have the time of your life and Beat Kirtland. Go Tigers!!!

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

They need to make sure and get #1 and #28 to the ground immediately #1 the Sullivan kid from Kirtland is one of the most physical kids I’ve seen on film this year.

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

If they do that they will win I believe

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Go Tigers!

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:08 am They need to make sure and get #1 and #28 to the ground immediately #1 the Sullivan kid from Kirtland is one of the most physical kids I’ve seen on film this year.
Yes, I agree he's a stud! A big strong kid that's tough to get to the ground, and a wrecking ball into the D-line. Mid 4th quarter, It will be interesting to see who's winning the battle in the trenches. Whoever is, it will determine the DV State Champion.

Hittin the road to catch the DIV game, see y'all in Canton!!

GO TIGERS GO AND GET"EM!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Go Tigers!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Game day, lets go!!!! Off to Canton

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
14U
S

Post by 14U »

Good Luck Tonght Fighting Tigers!! I can’t make it but will be getting updates. I’ll be at the buckeyes game in Indy

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:46 am we here in tiger nation are overwhelmed by all the well wishes from programs all over. that is truly a kind gesture of friendship, and support. we feel the same way about you all as well. and we are very pleased by all the prayers and backing. I'm sure the fighting tigers are very pumped about right now. but our coach and staff will keep them grounded. this just has to be an amazing feeling for these young men, and coaches. I've seen where they practiced at canton south. and indoors at masillon Washington's indoor training facility. they are having an amazing experience right now. what a glorious day to be a fan of the fighting tigers and the ohio state buckeyes. I know one thing. no one who will be standing on the fighting tiger sidelines , coaches or players think this mountain can't be climbed. they repect every opponent, but they are battle tested as well. and it we limit turnovers and penalties, we should be able to play a wonderful game. 2 amazing, historical powerhouse programs going toe to toe. that is the kinda stuff movies are made of. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
Got your back here in this one, Bait! Now go get that trophy!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

The hall of fame closes at 5pm incase anyone was planning on going before the game.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

Good luck Fighting Tigers from this Chieftain!

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I better hear a tiger chant on tv

Return to “Football”