DIV 5 COACH OF THE YEAR? I FIND IT ODD

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: DIV 5 COACH OF THE YEAR? I FIND IT ODD

Post by Ground Buck »

Bleeding Red wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:03 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:10 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:20 pm Here — let me take it SLOWlY so the blowhards finally get it. France was named the COY because he COACHED a team of limited talent to the playoffs against a schedule no one expected him to win ( beating larger schools, beating 3 of the 4 playoff teams on their schedule and against 7 wining clubs ). And he had injuries to his limited “ stars”. Goes on to beat 2 other good teams in playoffs before losing the regional final to the favored potential State Champs. Almighty tiggers, loaded with transfers and several D- I recruits playing the likes of South Point, Chessy, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, etc still loses one with a loaded team. Who did the better job coaching ? Coaching David or coaching Goliath ? This is just another example of why people look at you and laugh. The parochial view here is “we are great”. The state wide view is quite something else. Rest assured the guy who did a great coaching job got the recognition. PERIOD

This as well as other well known reasons about a poor sportsmanship fan base gives you your well earned poor reputation.
Quite frankly I find you to be a complete tool bag but there are some things you do have good insight on and this is one of them. You come off as a pompous ass and I have no idea why you feel the need to explain yourself all the while want to bash fan bases. If you feel you're above everyone below the 70 line, which I have no idea why you would as you've earned your reputation as the prick you are, you don't have to hop on this sight. On this though I do agree given what Pendleton was handed to him, he has 7 kids who earned all ohio honors this year. If the Manchester coach did accomplish what they did in a year nothing was expected this is typically what the voters look at. Forget the schedule, because Manchester went 3-2 against DIV schools not some large power houses, also went 3-0 against 2 DVI and 1 DVII school but you failed to mention that. Centennial coach won coach of the year honors for DIII and they only beat 2 teams with a winning record and got waxed in the 1st round. It was the first year they ever made the playoffs and he done it with what 23 kids?? That's why he won it. It's not always the guy who has the best team otherwise it would be only state championship coaches winning the award. The year burg won state in 2017, Woodward didn't win coach of the year. You can make a point without acting like a tool, or like I said stay off the site no one is going to miss you.
Long story short- He was in Logan. Couldnt win. They ran him out.

He now hates on all of SE Ohio.

He is a tool. Total @sshat.

The end.
He was also at state power Z'ville Rosecrans. Apparently that was a step up from Logan. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Sorry, fan club. As usual you are wrong again. Played on winners at Logan and was only an assistant coach at Logan , where we also won big. Make sure you take your meds.....lol

Besides, the thread is off topic. Let me read more about the slight over the selection of D-5 coach of the year. I like that humble southern discussion.......lol

Have gun, will travel
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm Sorry, fan club. As usual you are wrong again. Played on winners at Logan and was only an assistant coach at Logan , where we also won big. Make sure you take your meds.....lol

Besides, the thread is off topic. Let me read more about the slight over the selection of D-5 coach of the year. I like that humble southern discussion.......lol
Yea, let's get back on coach of the year discussions. And speaking of humility, did you get coach of the year at Logan where you "won big" over all the smaller schools in the SEOAL? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Paladin wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm Sorry, fan club. As usual you are wrong again. Played on winners at Logan and was only an assistant coach at Logan , where we also won big. Make sure you take your meds.....lol

You already crapped on 1 program and they're still recovering, luckily you can only do your damage behind the words on a computer screen now. Someone should start a paladin topic....the coach that never was. As he comes back to haunt once a year because of his past that he can't escape so down with all SEO programs that wouldn't hire him again. :lol: :lol:

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

As far as this award goes, I know myself and my guess would be 95% of those on this site don't know enough about every coach in the state of ohio who heads up a DV team. To sit here and say this guy or this guy should've insinuates you know every other program in the state. Obviously the numbers are cut down because most simply didn't have the team for consideration. I mean why not the Kirtland coach? They just moved up from DVI and here they are in the DV championship and undefeated. Things like that, cententenial coach won DIII and was put out 1st round badly. So many factors and so many coaches that we don't know enough about to say this one or this one should've won. In the end yeah I'm sure the award is ok for some, most would rather play for state titles, individual accolades are forgotten over time, champions are never forgotten.

Burg won a state championship in 2017, who was the DV coach of the year that year?? Hint not Woodward, don't cheat and look it up like I did :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

It's interesting that he will hate on real D1 athletes but will talk up 5'6 relatives like they are good athletes. It's pretty easy to know if a high school kid is D1 or not. They stand out but Paladin always struggles with it

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:05 pm I know you have never been able to tell the difference between D1 athletes and D3 athletes but Carrico is an OSU/Bama recruit. Plays both ways. I don’t see anyone better than him. Very rare to see 4/5 Star recruit in D5
Carrico is also #1 in his class of 2021 too isn't he?
As for Coach of the Year, it sounds like the winner was worthy of it. It's pretty subjective.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:06 pm

You already crapped on 1 program and they're still recovering, luckily you can only do your damage behind the words on a computer screen now. Someone should start a paladin topic....the coach that never was. As he comes back to haunt once a year because of his past that he can't escape so down with all SEO programs that wouldn't hire him again. :lol: :lol:
Seems like there was a something going around that Coach Lutz had put him in his place once upon a time. Whether true or not I’m not sure. Did this happen Paladin?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:37 am
Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:20 pm Here — let me take it SLOWlY so the blowhards finally get it. France was named the COY because he COACHED a team of limited talent to the playoffs against a schedule no one expected him to win ( beating larger schools, beating 3 of the 4 playoff teams on their schedule and against 7 wining clubs ). And he had injuries to his limited “ stars”. Goes on to beat 2 other good teams in playoffs before losing the regional final to the favored potential State Champs. Almighty tiggers, loaded with transfers and several D- I recruits playing the likes of South Point, Chessy, Rock Hill, Coal Grove, etc still loses one with a loaded team. Who did the better job coaching ? Coaching David or coaching Goliath ? This is just another example of why people look at you and laugh. The parochial view here is “we are great”. The state wide view is quite something else. Rest assured the guy who did a great coaching job got the recognition. PERIOD

This as well as other well known reasons about a poor sportsmanship fan base gives you your well earned poor reputation.
paladin, why don't you create your own site. call it paladin's northern lights er something. you're as lost as last years easter eggs. and yer cord don't quite reach to the outlet. if you are going to come on here to assault us and our kids/coaches/fans and program. then expect any backlash you get. I can't imagine anyone putting so much effort into be a snob, and being a turd in the punchbowl like you. when in affect all you need to do is be nice and pleasant. it'll do ya good, and take a lot less effort. you may actually make a few friends here. but we all expected you to come out of your basement to talk about how us southern teams suck. we'll show ya Saturday some big boy football. grab a box of little debbies and go back down into your grandmaw's basement. I respect everyone involved, from the janitors, to the band, cheerleaders, coaches, players, administrators. I guess I was justraised better, with southern morals

Goodness bait that good stuff right there

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

What do you think coach Pendleton would prefer ??

Coach of the Year ???

State champs ???

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

I’m sorry, but someone should be named coach of the year when no one expects your team to be successful, and go on to a successful season. Rusty Webb at Symmes Valley defiantly deserved it going 9-1 starting a lot of sophomores, when no one expected them to go more than .500. Ironton was expected to be successful. What title sounds better: coach of the year, or state champions? I’d take the latter one any day of the week.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
Flyers58
Freshman Team

Post by Flyers58 »

countywide35 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm

paladin, why don't you create your own site. call it paladin's northern lights er something. you're as lost as last years easter eggs. and yer cord don't quite reach to the outlet. if you are going to come on here to assault us and our kids/coaches/fans and program. then expect any backlash you get. I can't imagine anyone putting so much effort into be a snob, and being a turd in the punchbowl like you. when in affect all you need to do is be nice and pleasant. it'll do ya good, and take a lot less effort. you may actually make a few friends here. but we all expected you to come out of your basement to talk about how us southern teams suck. we'll show ya Saturday some big boy football. grab a box of little debbies and go back down into your grandmaw's basement. I respect everyone involved, from the janitors, to the band, cheerleaders, coaches, players, administrators. I guess I was justraised better, with southern morals

Spoken like a true southern gentleman...........didnt know you had it in you bait......... ;) ;)

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Paladin is.100% correct. Any unbiased sports fan can see what happened this year. If u wanna be intellectually dishonest so be it. But, if you have 6 starters transfer.in as alleged then this isn't a.tiger.team but a put.together scam. Don't be a Trump egotistical, dead brain narcissist because we.common folk see it.for.what.it is. Pendleton was a Northwest product that played for west. He broke that darn leg his senior year. It could happen to your osu glory boy too. Stop being egomamiacs because you ain't all of that. Exclusive for the arrogant fans

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:12 pm Well then, let’s give him the trophy now. Why wait for next year ? :lol:

Still............
You cant debate stupid, the blind and the biased. No objectivity from southern Ohio. Just a bunch of hyperbole for folks that's never.played a down. They carry.a.mean pom pom tho....Bless their hearts

OVCFAN83
Waterboy

Post by OVCFAN83 »

They got COY correct here, I know Ironton is having a great season and all but that is not because of coaching. Ironton has the JOES right now that could make any coach look good.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Just having good players doesn’t always win you games and everyone knows that. I don’t really care who wins coach of the year nor do I think coach Pendleton minds at all. But I will say the whole attitude of this team is what makes them great and it comes from the top

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Funny, not too long ago ironton this year was a joke to many of you posters. Each week you scoffed and laughed at The Tigers. Every playoff game the only ones that gave the Tigers a chance was Ironton fans and a scattering of outsiders.

Now, the team is loaded with 11 different D1's on each side of the ball to hear many of you talk. Most of which had never even heard of ironton till this year, let alone attended

Fact is, Ironton's program was completely on the skids. Left only with warm memories of what it once was. Anyone denying that coach Pendleton with his enthusasm and devotion to the program hasn't turned it 180 baffles me. Yeah, hes got some talent but how many schools did Bob Lutz wear out year after year who had every bit as much and many times more? (anyone heard of Ashland?).

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm
greygoose wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:06 pm

Seems like there was a something going around that Coach Lutz had put him in his place once upon a time. Whether true or not I’m not sure. Did this happen Paladin?
yeah, I heared that very same thing. got chastised.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

countywide35 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:46 pm

thanks man.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

OVC wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 pm I’m sorry, but someone should be named coach of the year when no one expects your team to be successful, and go on to a successful season. Rusty Webb at Symmes Valley defiantly deserved it going 9-1 starting a lot of sophomores, when no one expected them to go more than .500. Ironton was expected to be successful. What title sounds better: coach of the year, or state champions? I’d take the latter one any day of the week.
that is an excellent post. rusty has done an amazing job at symmes valley. and I know the demographics and geographic challenges of being so spread out in that district. and all the farms and such.

Return to “Football”