State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 13-1 Ironton Fighting Tigers

vladimir
S

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirtland v the 14-0 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by vladimir »

I was agreeing with your sentiment.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

greygoose wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:51 am
vladimir wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:29 am ^I doubt any true football fan doesn't know Kirtland's history and, this will not be a cakewalk by any means. Never never underestimate an opponent.

CalPreps:
neutral field
Kirtland (OH) 24, Ironton (OH) 17

Didn't Lucasville Valley play Kirtland in the D6 State Semi's a few years back?
Yeah I would think that but the first few pages are riddled with anything but that, and I'm sure you see that. You are correct 2014 Kirtland 28-7 victory over the Valley.
I'm agreeing with your sentiment.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

vladimir wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:29 am ^I doubt any true football fan doesn't know Kirtland's history and, this will not be a cakewalk by any means. Never never underestimate an opponent.

CalPreps:
neutral field

Yeah I would think that but the first few pages are riddled with anything but that, and I'm sure you see that. You are correct 2014 Kirtland 28-7 victory over the Valley.
I believe they played fort Frye also right

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MrFirstTake wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:25 am

CalPreps:
neutral field

I believe they played fort Frye also right
Yeah that was just last year in the state semi-final game Kirtland 35-18 victory and went on to beat Maria Stein 16-7 in the state championship game. Maria Stein dropped back down to DVII this year and is in the state championship game once again.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I know I’ve watched Kirtland highlights all year hornet stat crew on YouTube has all there game video highlights #28 reminds me of a few running backs we’ve seen this year but #1 is a man amongst boys sometimes when I watch those highlights very very physical rb/lb

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

First of all, stop comparing Ironton to the Burg. I root for Burg but there is no comparison between the 2. Show some respect for Ironton. They deserve it. This is this years team. Not however many years ago. You can wonder all you want. I knew Burg wouldn't get past the ridge but in a way wish they would have. Your silliness would have been put to bed real quick. I guess that is one thing I don't like about this thread, there are some true football folks on here and then there are the ones living in the clouds. Enough said.
They say a football team mirrors its coach. If anyone remembers what a player Mr. Pendleton was and then the road to Michigan State, you know this team is nothing but hard work and nothing is going to stop me. I believe Ironton wins in a true battle. Yes, as stated Kirtland is a force to be reckoned with. Go Tigers and bring home the gold trophy.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I’ve said it all year long on every single game thread. After watching this team against Jackson in the late summer this team seemed destined. I apologized to the Ashland faithful by being an over confident neutral fan. But since then. Wow this team has been on a mission. And physical one at that. They do nothing pretty. They come out , line up. And absolutely hit you in the mouth for 4qrters. It’s a thing of beauty. It does help there is a OSU commit leading the charge that’s surrounded by a heckuva cast of players.
Now up next Kirtland. This team and program have found theirselves ALOT in this situation over the years in a different division. They will not back down and will have that NEO attitude and swag to them that NEO football is all that matters. I can’t wait for a team from SEO we are for real too and to not only beat them. But physically beat their A$$ is what I hope happens. 3-0 be good for me as long as I get to see the fighting tigers whip em up n down the field. And send kirtland back to Youngstown area bruised and battered. GO Tigers!!! Congrats on making it to Canton.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Hopefully for one week this thread won’t be trashed talked about Ironton/Burg. For goodness sakes drop the swords for 6days. Start a thread Dec 8 2019 “Ironton/Burg 2020” and leave it out of the state championship game thread. Geez.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I think one of the biggest things this week will be getting Kirtland to the ground first contact and not letting them break first contact and get extra yards. #1 for Kirtland is a big kid and a Load to bring down and the Luke gardener #28 is fast and runs hard

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

greygoose wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:15 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:13 am Who cares what Kirtland did in D6? It's a cakewalk compared to D5. Ironton wins this one easily. Probably easier game than this week. Congrats on a state title Tigers! Might as well make room for it! Also, the reminiscing of the Lutz days can finally be done too.
2008 : regional runner up
2009 : no playoffs
2010 : regional runner up
2011 : state champs
2012 : state runner up
2013 : state champs
2014 : state runner up
2015 : state champs
2016 : regional runner up
2017 : state runner up
2018 : state champs

If that run down right there isn't enough for you to respect and understand what opponent Ironton is getting ready to take on then nothing will. All season long most have had Kirtland ranked #1 overall for DV. I truly hope most people don't buy into this and understand what opponent they're dealing with. Just over the last 4 years Kirtland has played an extra season compared to Ironton, they've dealt with the likes of Coldwater a team that routinely put a running clock on burg, Maria Stein Local another team that has won state championship after state championship, so for anyone to think it's a team that's been in DVI and now they're DV this will be easy could be in a for a rude awakening. I hope they do steam roll Kirtland but Kirtland is right along with those great MAC schools in that they have proved they are the team to beat year in and year out and tops in their division for a reason.

Final State AP Poll.
DIVISION V
1. Kirtland (17), 10-0, 179
2. West Lafayette Ridgewood, 10-0, 132
3. Oak Harbor, 10-0, 114
4. Eastwood, 10-0, 110
5. Ironton (1), 9-1, 103
6. Orrville, 9-1, 91
7. West Liberty-Salem, 9-1, 61
8. West Jefferson, 9-1, 53
9. Cincinnati Taft, 9-1, 33
10. Liberty-Benton, 9-1, 18

Never underestimate an opponent and I know Pendleton will be preaching this to his kids regardless of what the score was against West Jeff as quite honestly that was all most expected, maybe not that bad but it was never going to be close.
I'm with you goose to think this will be a cake walk is absurd.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 am First of all, stop comparing Ironton to the Burg. I root for Burg but there is no comparison between the 2. Show some respect for Ironton. They deserve it. This is this years team. Not however many years ago. You can wonder all you want. I knew Burg wouldn't get past the ridge but in a way wish they would have. Your silliness would have been put to bed real quick. I guess that is one thing I don't like about this thread, there are some true football folks on here and then there are the ones living in the clouds. Enough said.
They say a football team mirrors its coach. If anyone remembers what a player Mr. Pendleton was and then the road to Michigan State, you know this team is nothing but hard work and nothing is going to stop me. I believe Ironton wins in a true battle. Yes, as stated Kirtland is a force to be reckoned with. Go Tigers and bring home the gold trophy.
IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF THE NATURE BOY HIMSELF ========== WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D GREAT POST, THIS HAIN'T A WHEELERSBURG TOPIC. IT'S IRONTON AND KIRTLAND. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW. EVERY FAN IN SOUTHERN OHIO SHOULD BE PULLING FOR THE TIGERS THE SAME WAY WE ALL ARE FOLLOWING FORMER BUCKEYE JOE BURROW NOW AT LSU. AS THE FIGHTING TIGERS ENTER THEIR 9TH STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. ANYBODY THAT DON'T KNOW BY NOW THAT TREVON PENDLETON IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB, THEN YOU AIN'T LOOKIN CLOSE ENOUGH. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YTB.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I still couldn't get that dagnabed link to work. but maybe it was for the best lissnin' on the radio. because we just keep winning. I'm couldn't be more proud of our coaches and players.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Go tigers from a Portsmouth fan. Watched the game and holy moly I didn’t expect that result. Best part of the night tigers no fumbles and penalties were a lot lower than usual. This Kirtland team is for real and canton is a stage there used too. A home game for them so practice hard and stay healthy. One game left you can give everything you have. Ironton defense is one of the best I’ve seen in years.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

They’re very fun to watch and they sure do get after it on defense. What I love about them the most is that they never get rattled like even when the games close and there killing their self they never fold they step up and make a play.

SpeedKillz

Post by SpeedKillz »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:46 am
The Nature Boy wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:48 am First of all, stop comparing Ironton to the Burg. I root for Burg but there is no comparison between the 2. Show some respect for Ironton. They deserve it. This is this years team. Not however many years ago. You can wonder all you want. I knew Burg wouldn't get past the ridge but in a way wish they would have. Your silliness would have been put to bed real quick. I guess that is one thing I don't like about this thread, there are some true football folks on here and then there are the ones living in the clouds. Enough said.
IN THE IMMORTAL WORDS OF THE NATURE BOY HIMSELF ========== WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D GREAT POST, THIS HAIN'T A WHEELERSBURG TOPIC. IT'S IRONTON AND KIRTLAND. THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS RIGHT NOW. EVERY FAN IN SOUTHERN OHIO SHOULD BE PULLING FOR THE TIGERS THE SAME WAY WE ALL ARE FOLLOWING FORMER BUCKEYE JOE BURROW NOW AT LSU. AS THE FIGHTING TIGERS ENTER THEIR 9TH STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. ANYBODY THAT DON'T KNOW BY NOW THAT TREVON PENDLETON IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB, THEN YOU AIN'T LOOKIN CLOSE ENOUGH. GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YTB.
To hell w Burrow and Lsu

GO BUCKS!!!!!

TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Best of luck to Ironton. Bring that trophy back South!

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

"I just dont think Ironton will ever make it deep in the playoffs while playing in the ovc." source unknown.

But when Ironton doesnt win the ovc in basketball, wrestling, baseball or track this conversation will calm down....until july/august.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Re: State Championship 14-0 Kirkland v the 14-0 Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by Dandy Don »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:55 pm
frankie wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:13 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:29 pm Kirtland and ironton might be like burg Eastwood game, looks to be setting up as one of the best of the year
WTH? burg Eastwood game :lol:
Congrats to Ironton for making it to Canton awesome job definitely the best team in the area this year. But IMO the 2017 Burg team was a better team than this year's Ironton team Burg had to face much stiffer competition to win state But Kirtland is really good and if Ironton beats them and wins state I might just change my mind but I doubt it. Good luck to the fighting Tigers hope you guys win state
Burg people trying to insert themselves into this Ironton discussion is priceless.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

countywide35 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:59 am Hopefully for one week this thread won’t be trashed talked about Ironton/Burg. For goodness sakes drop the swords for 6days. Start a thread Dec 8 2019 “Ironton/Burg 2020” and leave it out of the state championship game thread. Geez.
Last night about 1am I went through and cleaned this thread up. Some posters had posts deleted because they quoted a certain post that was atrocious. I deleted another one that wasn’t as bad to simply try and keep this thread from going off the rails.

Ironton vs Kirtland. State Championship Thread. We should expect better.

Let’s talk about the game or wish the Tigers luck or talk about how good Kirtland is .... plenty of good things to discuss.

Thank you to Several who have helped.

The Ironton fans and kids deserve this thread to be about them!!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

SpeedKillz wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:07 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:46 am
To hell w Burrow and Lsu

GO BUCKS!!!!!
I bet you beat kids up and took their lunch money speed.

Return to “Football”