Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

orange20hd
Waterboy

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by orange20hd »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:53 pm
frankie wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:50 pm
Flyers58 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:44 am

That be me..........with my friendly cooler close by............
Post by Flyers58 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Real fans go to the game......rain-snow-ice-temperature.......doesnt matter, the real fans show up and the rest can stay home and get the radio out......I am going to get my game-face on this afternoon in preparation for what is going to happen tomorrow nite.......in fact I am going to get my game face on tomorrow afternoon on the Ohio U. lot with the rest of the real fans..............safe travel for all the Wellston folks making the trip down 93 and you are going to enjoy seeing the Tank and what it represents...............get your camera ready Tucky,,,,,,,you are going to need it............
:roll: :lol:
there are those of us real fans, who'd give anything to be there. but just physically can't. and it's all health related. which I don't need to re-hash. for about 50 years I was at every ironton game there was. me and my dad, and he's in the same situation and can't go either healthwise. we have already proved we are real fans, by virtue of following them everywhere they went. and if we were not real fans we'd not bother to tune in and listen either. don't lump everybody into one neat box. you don't know anybodies reason for not being there. I would not be able to go even if they were in the state championship game. that ship has sailed for me. and it breaks my heart to not be there. but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do in the immortal words of john wayne..
As a Wood fan this breaks my heart. I've seen many a good Wood fan be in this situation. We we're lucky for a long time to have Tommy Thompson on the radio doing local games. Best in the business if you ask me. Hope you enjoy the game on the radio with your Dad. Best of luck to both teams.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:26 pm
frankie wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:11 pm here it is george, i just watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1TFBzOVmXo
Thanks! I just watched it. Good interview by the coach and players. I'll be making a trip to Nelsonville York to watch this one! This should be a dandy.
Good stuff, they mention the venue being roughly 3,500 for those that have been to NY is this the case?? Also wondering if they're bringing in more bleachers

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Real fans go to the game......rain-snow-ice-temperature.......doesnt matter, the real fans show up and the rest can stay home and get the radio out......I am going to get my game-face on this afternoon in preparation for what is going to happen tomorrow nite.......in fact I am going to get my game face on tomorrow afternoon on the Ohio U. lot with the rest of the real fans..............safe travel for all the Wellston folks making the trip down 93 and you are going to enjoy seeing the Tank and what it represents...............get your camera ready Tucky,,,,,,,you are going to need it............
there are those of us real fans, who'd give anything to be there. but just physically can't. and it's all health related. which I don't need to re-hash. for about 50 years I was at every ironton game there was. me and my dad, and he's in the same situation and can't go either healthwise. we have already proved we are real fans, by virtue of following them everywhere they went. and if we were not real fans we'd not bother to tune in and listen either. don't lump everybody into one neat box. you don't know anybodies reason for not being there. I would not be able to go even if they were in the state championship game. that ship has sailed for me. and it breaks my heart to not be there. but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do in the immortal words of john wayne..
Bait you do you buddy, health has to come first. There's all kinds of reasons people have for not attending a game and you are right no one has the right to sit there and say someone isn't a real fan because they didn't go to the game. That's just someone being very naïve. Take care Bait and enjoy listening to the game I'm sure you'll be cheering just the same as you would if you were sitting there.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

I’m glad you could still make it to the games still when me and your son played 😉 always seen you there

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm

Thanks! I just watched it. Good interview by the coach and players. I'll be making a trip to Nelsonville York to watch this one! This should be a dandy.
Good stuff, they mention the venue being roughly 3,500 for those that have been to NY is this the case?? Also wondering if they're bringing in more bleachers
It will handle it for those schools playing div. Lots of fans preference is to stand anyways. Lots of fans will go to watch from the immediate area, but it still will handle it.

Frogtownbuckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Frogtownbuckeye »

I watched a video posted earlier by a friend on Facebook of some Ridgewood boys and their coach talking about this match up. Their kids are very respectful and well spoken and their coach seems like a real leader. They will be ready for us as we will be for them. Who brings their A game? Who tackles better? Who controls the turnover game? The team who answers these questions will be moving on to the Final 4.

Knowitall222
Waterboy

Post by Knowitall222 »

If I was a Ironton fan I would get there a couple hours early , I've got wind of several wood fans that are going early to get seats on the home side because they know they won't all fit in the visitors side.

I know I'm just a neutral fan and I plan on going early to sit on the home side and I can bet I'm not the only one.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

We will have one gate for general admission and a pass gate for those who will be getting passes. Their will be signs that you can't miss to direct where to park.
Media, busses, and passes will use the first entrance to the field off of route 78. Their will be a big electronic sign there on loan from ODOT, general admission people will enter through the 12th Street entrance to the parking lot.
Ridgewood sold all 500 presale tickets in am hour today.
I believe Ironton was pretty close to that within 2 hours of selling theirs.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:57 pm I'd like to have been a fly on the wall, watching and listening while the ridgewood coaching staff watched film on ironton and talked about the best way to move the ball and stop ironton. SMH... it would have to be discouraging...
Wonder what Irontons coaching staff was thinking when they saw the Woods offense and defensive line. Has to be discouraging.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

All this talk of the wood coaching staff being discouraged is laughable. Yes they know the talent that will be in front of them Saturday. But I can tell you they are not discouraged nor do they fear anyone.

Tingle and company will be ready for Mr. Buckeye and the fighting tigers Saturday night. And the better team will come out on top. Let’s go WOOD

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Giorgio Tsoukalous wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:57 pm I'd like to have been a fly on the wall, watching and listening while the ridgewood coaching staff watched film on ironton and talked about the best way to move the ball and stop ironton. SMH... it would have to be discouraging...
I would like to have been a fly on the wall when the Ironton coaching staff watched the film on Ridgewood and were trying to figure out how to be the only team all year to stop Tingle. Had to be discouraging.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

😂 ok we get it everybody wants to be a darn fly

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

In all seriousness though, I doubt either coaching staff was discouraged or intimidated. Both teams are well coached and have the talent to win this game.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

For sure can’t wait until game day I feel like everyone’s done enough talking hahahaha 25 pages.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I better hear the Tiger chant from Nelsonville to here in Athens

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:32 pm I watched a video posted earlier by a friend on Facebook of some Ridgewood boys and their coach talking about this match up. Their kids are very respectful and well spoken and their coach seems like a real leader. They will be ready for us as we will be for them. Who brings their A game? Who tackles better? Who controls the turnover game? The team who answers these questions will be moving on to the Final 4.
Well that sure not going to go over well. Liable to be bigger battles in the stands than on the field

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

greygoose wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm

According to Ohio stadium Com, nelsonville-york Stadium seats 2,825.

As I posted earlier, as a comparison reference, Ironton Tank Stadium seats 5,200

Someone said they would bring in some temporary seating so if they bring us in two to three thousand of them it would be pretty nice.

OHSAA should be there in person and give everyone that does not have a seat a $5 refund.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

kantucky wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:28 pm
Frogtownbuckeye wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:32 pm I watched a video posted earlier by a friend on Facebook of some Ridgewood boys and their coach talking about this match up. Their kids are very respectful and well spoken and their coach seems like a real leader. They will be ready for us as we will be for them. Who brings their A game? Who tackles better? Who controls the turnover game? The team who answers these questions will be moving on to the Final

Well that sure not going to go over well. Liable to be bigger battles in the stands than on the field

???
Woods coaching staff and players being respectful. How is that going to cause battles in the stands???

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

And for those that say 1 kids won’t win the game , you’re right ,,but wait till you meet junior jones . He’s definitely a difference maker.i hope ironton finally gets a true test. Guess we’ll have to wait till Saturday

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio

Return to “Football”