Week 13 - Ironton 24 Ridgewood 14

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: Week 13 - Ironton (11-1) vs Ridgewood (12-0)

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

https://youtu.be/WQ4KgjNhno4

Took the day off and chillaxin. I think this was WLR, toughest challenge.

This game was very competitive and closer than score suggests.
WLR, doesnt take control of the game until the end of 3Q, when they go up, 23-9.

Indian Valley was able to keep it close with long shots downfield, screens, sweeps & and up the gut running.

WLR, did as Burg Fans have described. Let the WR’s get beyond them and grab what QB threw to them or near them.
QB is accurate.

Indian valley was competitive until 4Q when WLR scored late to go up 3-scores.

It looks like #9, whom Burg posters have said went out in their game was their go to guy with running/sweeps/ receiving etc.
Not sure if WLR went for two a couple of times as video doesn’t show that. They either did & didn’t get it or missed Xtra point kick.
Kicker looks capable, so I doubt that he missed.
Video shows them completing one 2-point conversion.

THEY utilize an array of WR’s tho!

GoTigersGo
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:35 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:22 pm

don't let that fool ya georgie. I remember a 79 ''fighting tiger'' team with probably the smallest line I ever remember seeing for an ironton team. and they went to the akron rubber bowl, and upset the akron saint Vincent saint Mary's irish team for their 1st state total. they were quick and aggressive and stuck with their blocks. meanwhile asvsm looked like notre dame coming out of the locker room, they were huge. ironton defeated them 7-6. look at the service academies, always undersized linemen. yet they generally lead the country rushing every year. it's more about fundamentals and execution at the high school level. and then sometimes you run into a huge team, and they are taught sound fundamentals and execute well, then you got a problem. and ironton has huge backs and a dual threat qb. and an amazing defense. limit turnovers and penalties they can play with anyone their size.
Yep, Jackson just got put out of the playoffs by what I thought was a smaller Alder team. Offensively they had a couple nice size boys on the line but defensive line wasn't big. Simply faster and got after it each play and Jackson was unable to run the ball effectively enough to maintain drives.
Not true at all. Alder was a good bit bigger up
Front. Jackson had one of the smaller lines they’ve every had this year. Most kids under 220. Probably smaller than almost everyone on the schedule
Alders D-line was not big, now I have to say I was sitting all the way up by the press box so maybe that through it off a bit. Up front though Alder didn't seem to be bigger than Jackson but they were quicker.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:00 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Yep, Jackson just got put out of the playoffs by what I thought was a smaller Alder team. Offensively they had a couple nice size boys on the line but defensive line wasn't big. Simply faster and got after it each play and Jackson was unable to run the ball effectively enough to maintain drives.
Front. Jackson had one of the smaller lines they’ve every had this year. Most kids under 220. Probably smaller than almost everyone on the schedule
Alders D-line was not big, now I have to say I was sitting all the way up by the press box so maybe that through it off a bit. Up front though Alder didn't seem to be bigger than Jackson but they were quicker.
They were as big as Jackson
Jackson def line was much smaller than alder

Pretty similar but alder was bigger both ways

But I get your point , Jackson’s defense line was super small and fast this year

Guys that can give big lines fits

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:16 pm

But I get your point , Jackson’s defense line was super small and fast this year

Yeah Alder had some big boys on the o-line and went with smaller than those dudes on defense. Other thing I noticed with Alder and not sure if Jackson had this or not, but they're a team used to playing come cold weather as they had 4 large heaters on the track and they were keeping the footballs warmed up as well with it.

You are correct though typically it's the quick shifty guys that give big guys fits, so I don't necessarily write off a team because they're not big up front. Bloom Carroll and Waverly game, BC another team that was just fast across the board refused to get blocked against the running game, came down quick fast and in a hurry and they didn't miss a tackle.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:34 pm

Yeah Alder had some big boys on the o-line and went with smaller than those dudes on defense. Other thing I noticed with Alder and not sure if Jackson had this or not, but they're a team used to playing come cold weather as they had 4 large heaters on the track and they were keeping the footballs warmed up as well with it.

You are correct though typically it's the quick shifty guys that give big guys fits, so I don't necessarily write off a team because they're not big up front. Bloom Carroll and Waverly game, BC another team that was just fast across the board refused to get blocked against the running game, came down quick fast and in a hurry and they didn't miss a tackle.
Yep good call. Sorry for the hijack Ironton fans

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Poo Bear wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:35 pm

Don’t worry ironton threads get hijacked all the time lol no biggie

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MrFirstTake wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:37 pm

Don’t worry ironton threads get hijacked all the time lol no biggie
😂 true , at least we’re not throwing Shade on Ironton

This is a true matchup of two different philosophies.

Wood with the air raid and Ironton with the ground and pound ball control

Gonna be fun

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Can’t wait until Saturday that’s for sure

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

That's cool. I'll comment on the game, but I'm not backing down on the comment. This is a stacked put together team. They are regional contenders with the new additions on the field.

The run defense for Ironton is state championship good. They've not faced this type of offense all year long with the ability to spread teams out. Ironton plays that 3 man defensive front. I think they will continue to do that, to have an extra LB or DB in the game.
Ridgewood is very good. They've see any defense scheme by now. I think Ironton can win the game if they keep Ridgewood from getting up on them by two scores. If Ridgewood takes a 14 point swing in their favor at any time of the game, Ironton won't win. If they stay within 7 or stay in front, Ironton moves on.

orange20hd
Waterboy

Post by orange20hd »

Can't remember exactly about extra points/going for 2 in IV game. Wood kicker has missed a few extra points this season. Has not been an issue deciding games cause of the offense ability to score at will.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

first class Poo...…I don't think many tiger faithful minds reading about the ironmen and a man that knows a lot about them throwing a little tid bits their way on their thread.....I like your thoughts on the physicality of Ironton...not saying Ridgewood isn't' physical too but I just like Ironton's physicality more in 4qrters of football...….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
jpemb32
Waterboy

Post by jpemb32 »

The way Ironton’s line blocked last weekend, I would hate to be the defense trying to figure out who will be running the ball. Then they catch you off guard with a pass. If the running backs hold on to the ball, it will be who will break the big run. Also Ironton’s defensive backs play the tip drill perfect. Ironton’s biggest weakness is penalties. Ironton is very aggressive, but need to keep it under control. Ironton 28- 14

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

With ball control, timely passing to keep Wood off balance and max 2 turnovers on offense Ironton will win this game with their defense. Ridgewood not as physical but force a lot of turnovers and fly to the ball on defense and the young QB is a very accurate passer and shifty when running.

Ridgewood 28 - Ironton 24

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

With the rain coming on Saturday night, the line is now Ironton -6.5.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pm That's cool. I'll comment on the game, but I'm not backing down on the comment. This is a stacked put together team. They are regional contenders with the new additions on the field.
ANd with a clear conscience, W'burg has any room to talk from your past behavior.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

vladimir wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:01 am
laser breath wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:48 pm That's cool. I'll comment on the game, but I'm not backing down on the comment. This is a stacked put together team. They are regional contenders with the new additions on the field.
ANd with a clear conscience, W'burg has any room to talk from your past behavior.
Dude. Never has burg had nor benefited from four starting transfers in one season. If you’re going to write something, write with accurate information.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:53 am
Dude. Never has burg had nor benefited from four starting transfers in one season. If you’re going to write something, write with accurate information.
C.L. (2017), T.W. (2018), I know there is 2-3 recruits on (2019) Wheelersburg team, that’s just to name a few. So it’s ok to recruit just not 4 in one season ? You’re just mad that Ironton is doing a better job of it.

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:29 am

C.L. (2017), T.W. (2018), I know there is 2-3 recruits on (2019) Wheelersburg team, that’s just to name a few. So it’s ok to recruit just not 4 in one season ? You’re just mad that Ironton is doing a better job of it.
Finally! A person that’s man enough to admit it. Not mad though. Just calling like it is.

By the way, There’s zero transfers on burgs team this year that played for another varsity team last year. CL came because his mom was a teacher at burg. TW came, not sure why but you got GS. So that’s a wash. Lol

PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

laser breath wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:48 am
Larry Fine wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:29 am

Finally! A person that’s man enough to admit it. Not mad though. Just calling like it is.

By the way, There’s zero transfers on burgs team this year that played for another varsity team last year. CL came because his mom was a teacher at burg. TW came, not sure why but you got GS. So that’s a wash. Lol
Man isn't awesome to live in a generation where opposing teams compare teams to how well they recruit. Pay attention to how well a team coaches. For Burg this year coaching was amazing for what they were working with, whereas for Pendleton, his job was quite simple for working with a southern ohio all star team.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Looks like rain and possibly snow Saturday, who will this benefit the most?

Go Fighting Tigers

Return to “Football”