47%
Waterford
1%

Total votes: 92

JC2124
Varsity

TVC-Hocking 2019-20

Post by JC2124 »

Who you got? I think it’s a two horse race between Trimble and Fed Hock. This is the year FH wins the Hocking. They are loaded and will go 10 deep. Trimble will be right there, well coached and play hard. I see Belpre in the 3rd spot and the battle for 4th between Eastern and Waterford. There is a storm brewing in Stewart Ohio and the Lancers will take the league. Good Size and plenty of athletes will leave the wizard Howie scratching his head. The Lancers start with a scrimmage with New Boston. Good measuring stick for the Lancers. They could start 5 kids 6’3” or taller.

Greenmachine88
Waterboy

Re: TVC Hocking

Post by Greenmachine88 »

Eastern is loaded with athletes they should win the Hocking

Sports24/7
Freshman Team

Post by Sports24/7 »

League title goes thru Trimble....yet again

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Sports24/7 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:55 am League title goes thru Trimble....yet again
Well then, if this is true I bet Howie stuck around. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

I think I predicted on another thread for Fed to be in the top 3. But after hearing all the hype about this team and the new coaches they got last year, I'm with JC2124. Fed is the team to beat. They are stacked with amazing basketball players. Could it be the team that has struggled for several years does the unthinkable? I sure hope the other TVC teams don't think they are gonna dominate this year against Fed Hock, as they have been doing. This is the year of the Lancers.

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:58 pm Who you got? I think it’s a two horse race between Trimble and Fed Hock. This is the year FH wins the Hocking. They are loaded and will go 10 deep. Trimble will be right there, well coached and play hard. I see Belpre in the 3rd spot and the battle for 4th between Eastern and Waterford. There is a storm brewing in Stewart Ohio and the Lancers will take the league. Good Size and plenty of athletes will leave the wizard Howie scratching his head. The Lancers start with a scrimmage with New Boston. Good measuring stick for the Lancers. They could start 5 kids 6’3” or taller.
When and where is their scrimmage? I may just have to be there to watch.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

It’s at New Boston

Scottyboy
Riding the Bench

Post by Scottyboy »

JC2124 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:50 pm It’s at New Boston
That's not too far from me. Would you happen to know the date and time?

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

it’s on Nov 16th at 1:30 I believe.

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Greenmachine88 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 am Eastern is loaded with athletes they should win the Hocking
Eastern is loaded?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

How did Fed Hock look vs Coach Cox & the Tigers of NB ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:37 am How did Fed Hock look vs Coach Cox & the Tigers of NB ?
Fed Hoc doesn’t scrimmage NB until this coming weekend... NB did very well vs Waverly & Fairfield this past weekend ... good vibes coming outta NB 8-10 deep this season !!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Federal Hocking and Peebles played late season last year. They had a big group of good players then. I think they will be pretty good if all those big kids are back. Looking forward to playing them and Trimble ( both away games) this year. Hope all stay healthy.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Can’t wait to play Pebbles again. I made the trip last year. Nice facilities and even nicer people. Browning was a handful for us. The best point guard we seen all year. Kid can really play. Our gym is getting a brand new floor right now. Plenty of good seats to be had. Maybe we can get ol Pink Floyd there 😀

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Wahama hired a college coach and word on the street is that they are getting some kids from Point. The Dad I talked said they plan to kick all yer arses before they cut and run to that WV league.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

JC2124 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:18 pm Can’t wait to play Pebbles again. I made the trip last year. Nice facilities and even nicer people. Browning was a handful for us. The best point guard we seen all year. Kid can really play. Our gym is getting a brand new floor right now. Plenty of good seats to be had. Maybe we can get ol Pink Floyd there 😀
Thanks! Should be fun games and yes Pfloyd could easily make it to our games and the Trimble / Peebles game that is I think at the Beasts weekend at Chesapeake.

JC2124
Varsity

Post by JC2124 »

Hoopie74, when you make the trip stop at the scorers table and say hi. I run the clock for all home games.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Fonzie wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:16 am
Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm Wahama hired a college coach and word on the street is that they are getting some kids from Point. The Dad I talked said they plan to kick all yer arses before they cut and run to that WV league.
You mean Ed Fry, the former Meigs High School coach, and volunteer assistant at Rio Grande? I know he didn't have much success while at Meigs, but I do believe he knows the game. Not sure how much he was involved at Rio, but they haven't had much success either. They moved conferences a while back to give basketball a chance, I think that helped their record some, but not any sort of powerhouse to speak of.
Based on what I saw out of Ed Fry from watching him instruct in scrimmages while at Meigs, he seems to be a good short-term solution.

Re: Rio— I think Ken French as a coach doesn’t deliver the results one would expect out of RG. Good at whatever role Rio expects out of him as the professional organizer behind their Hard Work Camp.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

JC2124 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:03 am Hoopie74, when you make the trip stop at the scorers table and say hi. I run the clock for all home games.
Will do.thx.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:43 pm
Fonzie wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:16 am
Howard Cosell wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:03 pm Wahama hired a college coach and word on the street is that they are getting some kids from Point. The Dad I talked said they plan to kick all yer arses before they cut and run to that WV league.
You mean Ed Fry, the former Meigs High School coach, and volunteer assistant at Rio Grande? I know he didn't have much success while at Meigs, but I do believe he knows the game. Not sure how much he was involved at Rio, but they haven't had much success either. They moved conferences a while back to give basketball a chance, I think that helped their record some, but not any sort of powerhouse to speak of.
Based on what I saw out of Ed Fry from watching him instruct in scrimmages while at Meigs, he seems to be a good short-term solution.

Re: Rio— I think Ken French as a coach doesn’t deliver the results one would expect out of RG. Good at whatever role Rio expects out of him as the professional organizer behind their Hard Work Camp.
He can raise money (which is why he is still the head coach), great promoter, and talks a great game. However, on the court, there needs to be someone else in charge. Ken could be a great assistant at a bigger program.

Return to “Boys Basketball”