WK12: Waterford (9-2) vs. Harvest Prep (10-1)

Falcon01
S

Re: WK 12: Waterford (9-2) vs Harvest Prep (10-1)

Post by Falcon01 »

SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 pm That’s 12 if you round up a few lol
Might be more Fisher fans there watching HP than HP fans, with the game at sheridan.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Falcon01 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:45 pm
SportsFan101 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:39 pm That’s 12 if you round up a few lol
Might be more Fisher fans there watching HP than HP fans, with the game at sheridan.
You’d find more Palestinians at an Israeli World Cup game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Although the kids are cool. For real. So some might go. The kids on both sides are good at heart and relish the opportunities they’ve had to play another. They see much more in common with each other as competitors, and, in some cases, friends. I know with some of our boys there’s some numbness and hard emotions right now, and I get why. If anyone had a glimpse through the eyes of any of our boys or our fans, they’d understand why losses to HP like last night hurt worse than broken bones and hurt hearts.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:57 pm First let me say I want Waterford. The last time these two matched up in the playoffs a few Waterford fans, who read this board was a little upset that I said good things about Prep. With that being said I again think Prep whens this. They are better prepared schedule wise and they have more team both will aid to their win. 35-13.
I live 5 minutes away from Prep and have for 25 years. I've seen them grow both their basketball & football programs from the inception of the school. They don't get better prepared by their schedule, they get better prepared by getting athletes from Reynoldsburg, Groveport Madison, Pickerington, Canal Winchester and Columbus City schools Independence, Walnut Ridge and Marion Franklin areas. I've had kids come to my door doing fund raisers for the teams and have donated not because of the school but because of the kids just trying to raise a little money. It's a farce, especially for smaller public school areas competing against schools like this but if they pass OHSAA muster I guess it's ok. Anyway, Prep will probably win by many but I hope not.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm

I legit lol'd. Well done

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Falcon01 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:58 am
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:57 pm

I legit lol'd. Well done
Glad I could make you laugh. Maybe there’s some Falcon fans who’ll make the skip up US 22 to get a taste of playoff football.

Falcon01
S

Re: WK12: Waterford (9-2) vs. Harvest Prep (10-1)

Post by Falcon01 »

I'd assume some FU people will attend. You know some folks from NL and Sheridan will.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Could one of the poster saying how many transfers HP gets please post them and the schools they came from.
Also where do all of you in the know people get this info from?
Thanks.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm Could one of the [poster saying how many transfers HP gets please post them and the schools they came from.
Thanks.
Is there a school district? If not I guess they would all be . Not being sarcastic just uninformed

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Green 50 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:12 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm Could one of the [poster saying how many transfers HP gets please post them and the schools they came from.
Thanks.
Is there a school district? If not I guess they would all be . Not being sarcastic just uninformed
LC fan, just check out the many articles about the Ohio Edchoice "scholarship" voucher program which has doubled in the last couple years from what it was and if you're a major city you're "in like Flynn" as old-timers used to say in any private/parochial school if you meet the criteria and are from an "under performing" public school district and there are many around C-bus and the state that are listed from k-8 and 9-12. This is a particular boon to schools like Prep who really don't have a district but have 100,000 people living within 15 minutes in all directions from the school and that's just the southeast side. A lot of people don't particularly like the open enrollment around more rural parts of the state but these vouchers in and around cities trump that by leaps and bounds around metro areas with the large populations where you can easily keep your student teacher ratio @ 15/1 and pick & choose who is acceptable and who's not in the application process and some of that pool just happen to be good athletes. ;) Note: I worked with a couple people who had kids at Prep and one was a star basketballer on one of their better teams and they did not live close to the school and I'll leave it at that.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

That was very informative but it did not answer my question about Prep and their current rosters.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm Could one of the poster saying how many transfers HP gets please post them and the schools they came from.
Thanks.
Harvest Prep has 6 kids that after week 5 could not play for the rest of season because of the transfer rules. These 6 kids will be returning next year making Harvest Prep even better. I can not give names of the 6 or the schools they previously attended. One was the Starting QB. When this kid became ineligible after week 5 they moved one their running backs to QB.
Below is the write up of Harvest Prep game 6 vs Grandview Hts from This Week News Sports.

The Harvest Prep football team had a new look but also a familiar result in a 42-7 victory over visiting Grandview Heights on Oct. 4 in MSL-Ohio Division play.
The Warriors improved to 5-1 overall and 3-0 in the league despite losing six players after five games because of OHSAA transfer rules. They included quarterback Terrance Kee and running back Langston Perry, who ran for 215 yards last week in a 45-24 win over Columbus Academy.
“We knew there was going to be a chance we would lose some transfers but we were able to handle the adversity,” said Jaylen Jennings, who stepped in at quarterback to rush for 185 yards and two touchdowns on 22 carries. “We just came out and played our game.”
Javon Eggert rushed for 181 yards and three touchdowns on 17 carries. He had 109 yards and two touchdowns in the first half to help the Warriors build a 21-7 lead at the break.
“It all comes down to our offensive line and how hard they play,” Eggert said. “They can give us a little tiny opening and we can get through. They set the tone for us.”
The Bobcats scored late in the first half when Luke Lachey pulled in an 8-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Kyle Casey. Darreion Davis led the Bobcats with 68 yards rushing on 17 carries.
“They’re a running team and they came out and ran the ball,” said Grandview coach Jason Peters, whose team dropped to 4-2 overall and 1-2 in the MSL-Ohio. “We just have to get better.”
shennen@thisweeknews.com

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:02 pm That was very informative but it did not answer my question about Prep and their current rosters.
If mine wasn't enough maybe bsee12345 was. C'mon, anybody that follows high school sports in this or any other state knows the drill. Year after year after year the same thing is happening and they will continue to reload at the expense of public schools and tax dollars.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Again I am asking for actual players and the school they transferred from.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

bsee12345 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:21 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:00 pm Could one of the poster saying how many transfers HP gets please post them and the schools they came from.
Thanks.
Harvest Prep has 6 kids that after week 5 could not play for the rest of season because of the transfer rules. These 6 kids will be returning next year making Harvest Prep even better. I can not give names of the 6 or the schools they previously attended. One was the Starting QB. When this kid became ineligible after week 5 they moved one their running backs to QB.
Below is the write up of Harvest Prep game 6 vs Grandview Hts from This Week News Sports.

The Harvest Prep football team had a new look but also a familiar result in a 42-7 victory over visiting Grandview Heights on Oct. 4 in MSL-Ohio Division play.
The Warriors improved to 5-1 overall and 3-0 in the league despite losing six players after five games because of OHSAA transfer rules. They included quarterback Terrance Kee and running back Langston Perry, who ran for 215 yards last week in a 45-24 win over Columbus Academy.
“We knew there was going to be a chance we would lose some transfers but we were able to handle the adversity,” said Jaylen Jennings, who stepped in at quarterback to rush for 185 yards and two touchdowns on 22 carries. “We just came out and played our game.”
Javon Eggert rushed for 181 yards and three touchdowns on 17 carries. He had 109 yards and two touchdowns in the first half to help the Warriors build a 21-7 lead at the break.
“It all comes down to our offensive line and how hard they play,” Eggert said. “They can give us a little tiny opening and we can get through. They set the tone for us.”
The Bobcats scored late in the first half when Luke Lachey pulled in an 8-yard touchdown pass from quarterback Kyle Casey. Darreion Davis led the Bobcats with 68 yards rushing on 17 carries.
“They’re a running team and they came out and ran the ball,” said Grandview coach Jason Peters, whose team dropped to 4-2 overall and 1-2 in the MSL-Ohio. “We just have to get better.”
shennen@thisweeknews.com
Thanks.

thetitanic
Riding the Bench

Post by thetitanic »

Which players have to sit due to the transfer rule

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:05 pm Again I am asking for actual players and the school they transferred from.
Esco Davis and Terrence Key played at Groveport and Langston Perry played at Pickerington Central. They were put on probation and had to forfeit wins a few years back in various sports .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Y17UVnkG_0

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... zTqoeZQZQW

It hasn't changed much over the years, they're just more cautious now.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:05 pm Again I am asking for actual players and the school they transferred from.
Esco Davis and Terrence Key played at Groveport and Langston Perry played at Pickerington Central. They were put on probation and had to forfeit wins a few years back in various sports back then.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Y17UVnkG_0

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... zTqoeZQZQW

It hasn't changed much over the years, they're just more cautious now.
Thanks.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck Waterford in your 2nd Rd playoff game against Harvest Prep.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Goodluck waterford.

Return to “Football”