Week 12: WOOD BURG

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by greygoose »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm
4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm I was at Lancaster a few weeks ago and honestly 22 is a better route than 159. Less deer and more miles on 4 lane roads.

Hopefully Lancaster brings in more restroom trailers....the one they had won’t handle a football crowd.
Yep. I do not recommend traveling on 159 at night when the better alternative of 22 exists. 159 has very low visibility, and the hillsides and wooded areas hang much closer to the road than on 22.
I'd probably agree with that for the drive home, but as early as some will leave I'd say you'd be ok going out 159 it'll still be light out or some at least.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I made the mistake of getting on 159 on the way home from Ridgewood last night. That road sucks at night. It’s ok during the day but terrible at night.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

14U wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:48 pm
4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm I was at Lancaster a few weeks ago and honestly 22 is a better route than 159. Less deer and more miles on 4 lane roads.

Hopefully Lancaster brings in more restroom trailers....the one they had won’t handle a football crowd.
Yep. I do not recommend traveling on 159 at night when the better alternative of 22 exists. 159 has very low visibility, and the hillsides and wooded areas hang much closer to the road than on 22.
Where do you get on 22 for the people down south? Circleville ?
Yes, just stay on 23 to Circleville

14U
S

Post by 14U »

4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:58 pm

Yep. I do not recommend traveling on 159 at night when the better alternative of 22 exists. 159 has veriy low visibility, and the hillsides and wooded areas hang much closer to the road than on 22.
I’ll drive there 159 but take 22 home, thanks guys

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

14U wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:09 pm
4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:58 pm

I’ll drive there 159 but take 22 home, thanks guys
159 doesn’t bother me. Been driving that a long time at night. To each their own I guess

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Amicis_Addict
Waterboy

Post by Amicis_Addict »

Any poster on here from Lancaster help me out? What am I looking at as far as tailgate space? Parking fees? If we choose not to tailgate any good places to eat near the stadium? Thanks in advance!

Wood Grad ‘12
Keep the Wood Train a rollin’
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Amicis_Addict wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm Any poster on here from Lancaster help me out? What am I looking at as far as tailgate space? Parking fees? If we choose not to tailgate any good places to eat near the stadium? Thanks in advance!
Glad you asked. Sooner or later I figured some advice would be summoned. :mrgreen:

There are three places to park, but neither are incredibly large. There is the south lot that functions as the parking space abutting Thomas Ewing JH and the bus barn (marked on the attachment as “1”, the north lot that is by the high school and tennis courts “2”, and street parking along Arbor Valley Dr “3.”)

Tailgating: if you go in the north lot, you could ideally do tailgating in the lot. The north lot is a little bit of a walk but not an insufferably long one. I’ve never seen anyone do a notable tailgate there in recent memory, but then again this is only Lancaster’s second year of hosting playoffs after the longest hiatus. You may want to do it a little deeper and further off into the lot. When I was in school, we did a tailgate with our class in the grass field by the entrance from the south lot. It was a great time. But we also made sure to do our drinking before the tailgate. However, I’m not too sure if the site administration at Lancaster have become complete tight-asses since then. That area is also where the sheriff’s deputies tend to park for the Lancaster HS games. Unsure if they’ll be there for a playoff game.
Attachments
729A1427-F31C-4B16-AA2C-39E18BD37E1F.jpeg

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

We went their a few years back and got a parking ticket. Is Lancaster PD still ticket Nazi’s?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Places to eat: This is where the city of Lancaster embarrasses me. Despite the fact it’s a larger city, there are better, more plentiful places to eat in Portsmouth and Chillicothe, even Circleville, than Lancaster.

If you’re coming from Coshocton County, you should expect to be in Lancaster by 4:30-5 just in case or you’re SOL. The way you’re coming into Lancaster puts you a little ways off from where the primary concentration of food along Memorial Drive (U.S. Route 33-A) is. Along Memorial you’ll find a Buffalo Wild Wings. It’s a big one. Three levels: host/hostess can seat you in the ground floor or the mezzanine, you can seat yourselves upstairs on the third floor. Long bar. Across from the Bw3 is a Mexican restaurant called Fiesta Tropicana. Not bad, but may be out of season so to speak. Further up along Memorial but also further out of the way back to the stadium you’ll find Applebee’s, Red Lobster, IHOP, Bob Evans and Olive Garden. But again all of those places are really out of the way.

There are some good local spots closer to the stadium. These are all located east of downtown Lancaster, in the area of where US 22 and State Route 188 meet. The Pink Cricket and the Cherry Street Pub all have great food and good beer. There’s also a local bar called the Fairview Inn that’s a Lancaster tradition like no other. It’s right by the stadium. They don’t have a full menu but they got big fish sandwiches, steak sandwiches and hella good prices on other stuff. Of course.
Last edited by formerfcfan on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:05 pm We went their a few years back and got a parking ticket. Is Lancaster PD still ticket Nazi’s?
Where the hell did you park?

Oh, also: neither Lancaster nor Fisher charges to park during the regular season. I highly doubt they’ll make parents stand out in the cold trying to shake you down for what’s always been free parking.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:23 pm Where the hell did you park?

Oh, also: neither Lancaster nor Fisher charges to park during the regular season. I highly doubt they’ll make parents stand out in the cold trying to shake you down for what’s always been free parking.
They said in the wrong parking lot. This was 10 years ago but I will never forget :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:05 pm We went their a few years back and got a parking ticket. Is Lancaster PD still ticket Nazi’s?
Ironic coming from an Athens fan. Parking in Athens is a 35% chance of a ticket for me at least

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

NoPain23 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:23 pm I really thought burg would turn the corner this post season, after struggling with Minford again, I think they’ll get destroyed by Wood
Agree 1000%

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm Ironic coming from an Athens fan. Parking in Athens is a 35% chance of a ticket for me at least
Us Athens people like to stay away from Athens until break. If that makes sense :lol:

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:38 pm Ironic coming from an Athens fan. Parking in Athens is a 35% chance of a ticket for me at least
Us Athens people like to stay away from Athens until break. If that makes sense :lol:
I haven’t parked in Athens since age 17 and not been nervous about a ticket or tow away

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:00 pm
Amicis_Addict wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm Any poster on here from Lancaster help me out? What am I looking at as far as tailgate space? Parking fees? If we choose not to tailgate any good places to eat near the stadium? Thanks in advance!
Glad you asked. Sooner or later I figured some advice would be summoned. :mrgreen:

There are three places to park, but neither are incredibly large. There is the south lot that functions as the parking space abutting Thomas Ewing JH and the bus barn (marked on the attachment as “1”, the north lot that is by the high school and tennis courts “2”, and street parking along Arbor Valley Dr “3.”)

Tailgating: if you go in the north lot, you could ideally do tailgating in the lot. The north lot is a little bit of a walk but not an insufferably long one. I’ve never seen anyone do a notable tailgate there in recent memory, but then again this is only Lancaster’s second year of hosting playoffs after the longest hiatus. You may want to do it a little deeper and further off into the lot. When I was in school, we did a tailgate with our class in the grass field by the entrance from the south lot. It was a great time. But we also made sure to do our drinking before the tailgate. However, I’m not too sure if the site administration at Lancaster have become complete tight-asses since then. That area is also where the sheriff’s deputies tend to park for the Lancaster HS games. Unsure if they’ll be there for a playoff game.
I hate fields with tracks around them they are terrible as far as a fan perspective. Pits us fans that much farther away from the field dag gone it! Lol I sure wish they would have found a better host!

Burg grad 85
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 pm
Had a car towed once, ......once! Parked at the cats den and low and behold, came out and gone. 😂

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
TheNest
Waterboy

Post by TheNest »

Soccer wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:42 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:23 pm I really thought burg would turn the corner this post season, after struggling with Minford again, I think they’ll get destroyed by Wood
Agree 1000%
Would not surprise me. Given wheelersburg and Minford were supposed to be in two totally different spots, I’m not sure what that says about wheelersburg.

We were told wheelersburg had greatly improved and Minford had imploded, but the margin was only 4 points difference from the first game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Agree 1000%
Would not surprise me. Given wheelersburg and Minford were supposed to be in two totally different spots, I’m not sure what that says about wheelersburg.

We were told wheelersburg had greatly improved and Minford had imploded, but the margin was only 4 points difference from the first game.
It was 28-10. Late in fourth quarter, with a late Td after the onside kick to make it close. These posts amaze me. Can’t we give burg credit for beating a solid minford playoff team. Burg got the toughest lower seed from the top four. I mean history should prove that now burg rarely gets destroyed.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

TheNest wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:20 pm
Agree 1000%

Exactly! All Minford fans listen to last week was how burg improved by leaps and bounds and Minford was just going thru the motions. How if Burg didn't win by at least 3-TDs and a possible running clock then they were in big trouble. Blah blah blah!

I thought burg's offense didn't look as crisp as they did in the first game. I'm going with Ridgewood by 4-scores.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”