Week 12: WOOD BURG

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Re: Week 12 WOOD BURG

Post by Raycharles »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 pm Last time Burg played there it was grass and Tony Lewis was the coach.

Been a long time.

If Burg sells more presale tickets would they get the home side then?
That’s not how that works higher seed gets home side.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:28 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm Home side, visitor side it honestly doesn't matter, the casual fan is going to sit wherever they can find a seat and away from those FREAKIN milk jugs of Burg. SHEEEEESH
I’m noticing where ever we go the team were playing has milk jugs. Now, it’s not nearly what burg has, but it’s kinda nice. Imitation is the fondest form of flattery 😜
LOL, yeah but there's 1 thing I discovered I hate worse. As I sat on the home side of the Johnnies and Burg couple years ago, it's when you sit right next to someone with a COW BELL, what the heck man like I wanted to listen to that. Those guys were going nuts one dude was staring at me just yelling and ringing that bell, reminded me of Putty on Seinfield, I had to tell him dude I'm here to watch a good game not cheering for anyone in particular. He's like oh you're not here for Burg, wow.

hammer89
Freshman Team

Post by hammer89 »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:19 pm Last time Burg played there it was grass and Tony Lewis was the coach.

Been a long time.

If Burg sells more presale tickets would they get the home side then?
That’s not how that works higher seed gets home side.
Actually I think it is the top team on the bracket, which is usually the higher seed.

Raycharles
Freshman Team

Post by Raycharles »

The best is Burg people constantly think everyone copies what they do. Ridgewood copies Burgs offense. That confuses me I don’t think Ridgewood runs a 10th of the amount of formations that the Burg runs. There’s 2892 of them.

I’m your Huckleberry

WOODSHED
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:30 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:22 pm Home side, visitor side it honestly doesn't matter, the casual fan is going to sit wherever they can find a seat and away from those FREAKIN milk jugs of Burg. SHEEEEESH
I’m noticing where ever we go the team were playing has milk jugs. Now, it’s not nearly what burg has, but it’s kinda nice. Imitation is the fondest form of flattery 😜
LOL, yeah but there's 1 thing I discovered I hate worse. As I sat on the home side of the Johnnies and Burg couple years ago, it's when you sit right next to someone with a COW BELL, what the heck man like I wanted to listen to that. Those guys were going nuts one dude was staring at me just yelling and ringing that bell, reminded me of Putty on Seinfield, I had to tell him dude I'm here to watch a good game not cheering for anyone in particular. He's like oh you're not here for Burg, wow.
That’s funny. People hate burg supporters. Well, hate is a strong word, but you know what I mean. We can be arrogant 😂.

This is going to be fun, you heading to Jackson or Lancaster Saturday?

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

Raycharles wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm The best is Burg people constantly think everyone copies what they do. Ridgewood copies Burgs offense. That confuses me I don’t think Ridgewood runs a 10th of the amount of formations that the Burg runs. There’s 2892 of them.
Agreed. Just because our offenses look similar, they’re not.

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm

That’s funny. People hate burg supporters. Well, hate is a strong word, but you know what I mean. We can be arrogant 😂.

Honestly not for sure yet, Ironton I think beats the Aces so I can catch them the following week. Comes down which game I think is better Waverly and BC in a shootout or Burg and Ridgewood which I think will be another really good game. A lot of times I break it down to 2 games and let my son decide.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Is 159 the best way to get there?

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:38 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Honestly not for sure yet, Ironton I think beats the Aces so I can catch them the following week. Comes down which game I think is better Waverly and BC in a shootout or Burg and Ridgewood which I think will be another really good game. A lot of times I break it down to 2 games and let my son decide.
Wow. Rational thinking. That’s refreshing. Hope to see ya there, but if not, understand.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm Is 159 the best way to get there?
Yes. 159 to 22 to 37

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Ok, it's set, Lancaster. I bet if ohsaa said the boys had to play in a gravel parking lot the fans would be there sitting on tops of their cars with the headlights on. That's the beauty of high school football in the buckeye. Great programs with hard nosed players and passionate fan bases. Good luck to both and safe travels.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

packers80 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:47 pm Ok, it's set, Lancaster. I bet if ohsaa said the boys had to play in a gravel parking lot the fans would be there sitting on tops of their cars with the headlights on. That's the beauty of high school football in the buckeye. Great programs with hard nosed players and passionate fan bases. Good luck to both and safe travels.
Well said. Good Luck Burg Nation

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

I really thought burg would turn the corner this post season, after struggling with Minford again, I think they’ll get destroyed by Wood

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Good luck Wheelersburg

14U
S

Post by 14U »

portsmouth_98 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:41 pm Is 159 the best way to get there?
Yes, runs right into Lancaster and goes thru it

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I was at Lancaster a few weeks ago and honestly 22 is a better route than 159. Less deer and more miles on 4 lane roads.

Hopefully Lancaster brings in more restroom trailers....the one they had won’t handle a football crowd.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm I was at Lancaster a few weeks ago and honestly 22 is a better route than 159. Less deer and more miles on 4 lane roads.

Hopefully Lancaster brings in more restroom trailers....the one they had won’t handle a football crowd.
Yep. I do not recommend traveling on 159 at night when the better alternative of 22 exists. 159 has very low visibility, and the hillsides and wooded areas hang much closer to the road than on 22.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:38 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:31 pm Let me ask Wood posters this. Have you all played against a back like Burg has in Matthews??

If he gets a little in front of the defender he is gone

I’d be really happy with Hamilton twp. Almost all 4 lane. Hate that drive to Logan and or NY
They just played against Parker, forget already. Besides the key to that entire offense is Horsely, look no farther than the first few games of the year to see that, even the drive where he was out against Waverly, offense went backwards. He's what makes that offense work, it takes him, Matthews, and Ruby to make it run it's not simply Matthews back there, they tried that week 1 and it didn't go well.
IMO he’s better than Parker. I’m sure you’ll go ape💩 because I said that but that’s just my opinion
I think they are the same but both have their own ways of getting it done. Parker didn’t have the team around him like Mathews does.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm
4thgoal wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:37 pm I was at Lancaster a few weeks ago and honestly 22 is a better route than 159. Less deer and more miles on 4 lane roads.

Yep. I do not recommend traveling on 159 at night when the better alternative of 22 exists. 159 has very low visibility, and the hillsides and wooded areas hang much closer to the road than on 22.
Where do you get on 22 for the people down south? Circleville ?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:48 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm

Where do you get on 22 for the people down south? Circleville ?
Yeah if you're not going to take 159 out which is the preferred route you'd have to wait till Circleville.

Return to “Football”