October 11, 2019 Nelsonville-York 7 - 36 Wellston

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Final: Nelsonville-York 7 - Wellston 36

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:59 pm
VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:57 pm I said even after watching them against Jackson the first game of the year, and even though they got beat, there just seemed to be a different attitude with these kids this year. I'm not sure if they have a new coach or what, but they just don't quit when things don't go there way, as mayby they did in the past. I don't know if they can beat the Bulldogs or the Vikings, but I believe that they will give it everything that they have. Take it one game at a time, your next game is the only game that matters right now.
Agreed

Coach has done a great job
Sounds like a Knute Rockne Notre Dame motivational speech from decades ago :D

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:57 pm I said even after watching them against Jackson the first game of the year, and even though they got beat, there just seemed to be a different attitude with these kids this year. I'm not sure if they have a new coach or what, but they just don't quit when things don't go there way, as mayby they did in the past. I don't know if they can beat the Bulldogs or the Vikings, but I believe that they will give it everything that they have. Take it one game at a time, your next game is the only game that matters right now.
Same olde Dutch coaching
That guy is a proven winner
I bet those moms who tried to run him off are now throwing their XXXL panties on his porch

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Looks lime Wellston shot lime a rocket winning this one without using very much fuel.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Wellston Ironman wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:34 am
Same olde Dutch coaching
I bet those moms who tried to run him off are now throwing their XXXL panties on his porch
LOL

JaCksOnCoUnTy9000
Waterboy

Post by JaCksOnCoUnTy9000 »

Division 1 who?? Such a poor performance by the #3 "stud" Talk about the Molihan show... Wellston Rockets with yet another blowout. :twisted: Who's gonna be the team to beat this powerhouse? Huge shoutout to Mike Smith leading this group of underdogs to one of the greatest starts in a long time. Wellston is looking like the team to beat :lol:

JaCksOnCoUnTy9000
Waterboy

Post by JaCksOnCoUnTy9000 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:08 am
Wellston Ironman wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:34 am
Same olde Dutch coaching
LOL
Mike Smith is the peoples champ. I hope he is here to stay for years to come. Ready to see what the Bulldogs are gonna try to do to beat this group of young men who have been doubted year in and year out. Ready for the Rockets to get the credit they deserve.

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

There usually doubted year after year because they loose year after year.

just sayin

Wellston Ironman
Freshman Team

Post by Wellston Ironman »

First just want to thank the rockets for providing us with extra playoff points this year
We aren’t used to having you guys help us this much

Second it sure has been great seeing ole Dutch get it back on track. He sure put one on Roosty.

The BEST thing about people from Wellston is that they have JACKSON on their license plates!
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

#
Last edited by NoPain23 on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Nelsonville-York - Wellston

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

countywide35 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:09 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:40 am Good Luck NY!

I can you see wishing luck to the team just east of ya on 33....have to go with the Golden Rockets tonight......much needed points for the ironmen
Yep, they are our close neighbors and give them big credit for playing us sometimes for their size. Always will respect NY. I know the Mays's as well. Been good friends for a coons age. Know some others that live in Nelsonville. Good hearted people.

NY Tomcat
JV Team

Post by NY Tomcat »

NoPain23 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 am #3 is not D-1 talent he’s simply getting recruited because it’s his hometown and he’s fast. He is fast that is it. He will not play anything other than special teams at OU. He hasn’t done anything against a team with a winning record.
Are you sure he's 100% healthy? Might want to find out before you express your opinion. Cause we think he's worthy of the D1 hype.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Molihan was the best football player on the field last Friday. If he can have another great performance this week against the dogs the Rockets will get one step closer to something that hasn't been done in a while.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I really like the Molihan kid. Great football player and if you’ve ever spent any time speaking with him you would have no choice but to root for him. Glad he’s having a good season.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

NY Tomcat wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:47 am
NoPain23 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:41 am #3 is not D-1 talent he’s simply getting recruited because it’s his hometown and he’s fast. He is fast that is it. He will not play anything other than special teams at OU. He hasn’t done anything against a team with a winning record.
Are you sure he's 100% healthy? Might want to find out before you express your opinion. Cause we think he's worthy of the D1 hype.
All the ny fans on this board said they've been healthy for more than a few games. We all know he is an on again off again player this year. Barely played against ff and when he did he wasn't utilized all that well. He is athletically gifted, but hard to be a one man show vs good teams. Hope he does well at ou

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Who cares what you think, young man is getting free education that's what matters. Whatever reasoning you feel is behind it is irrelevant and quite frankly unwanted.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:14 pm
Who cares what you think, young man is getting free education that's what matters. Whatever reasoning you feel is behind it is irrelevant and quite frankly unwanted.
I formally apologize for what I said. No young man should be talked about in the manner I did so. It’s just high school football & maybe I jumped the gun. But I am sorry to the NY fans I upset, wish the best for the young man.

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

greygoose wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:14 pm
You are also correct, an education goes a lot farther than football.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

He touched the ball once and went 68 yards for a TD. He should get 30 to 40 touches. Under 10 is just unacceptable

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

I agree he should have had more touches. But IMO the way Wellstons defense played it wouldn’t have made enough of a difference in the outcome of the game. Truth be told had Wellston kept their foot on the gas and not wisely started eating clock the 2nd half they could’ve put at least 2 more TD’s on the board.
Last edited by hsfbfan on Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Unfortunately I think his touches has been under 10 every week this year Raider.

Return to “Football”