Southeastern 28 - 21 Unioto

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: week 8...Unioto @ Southeastern

Post by greygoose »

RShifko wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 pm Must win for pride of the Unioto program. This senior class was in the playoffs the last two seasons and now it’s a future defining season. A loss does a lot of damage to the culture that Metz has built around Unioto football this is a huge pride game for the Tanks. That’s why so am calling it a must win
I kind of get what you're saying but playoffs the last 2 season's like you said. They been headed in the right direction for awhile and how fragile is the culture if a loss to a 7-0 SE team is going to do a lot of damage?? At this point in the season, when you're completely out of it is when you find the players that truly want to be there, no matter the age. Everyone can show up and practice hard and put it all on the line on Friday nights for a team that is still playing for something and still winning. It's the guys that continue to give it their all in practice and ball out on Friday nights despite being on the wrong end of the score that show you what type of program you've built. Good Luck, 1 thing that is overlooked to this point is that this SE defense has played well this year.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ed Ott wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:32 pm How much does Unioto pass?
They won’t be passing any now. Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Doubt much with 2 excellent runners. RB is a stud and the QB runs a good bit and can get it done too. Have another kid or two that runs well.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

RShifko wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 pm Must win for pride of the Unioto program. This senior class was in the playoffs the last two seasons and now it’s a future defining season. A loss does a lot of damage to the culture that Metz has built around Unioto football this is a huge pride game for the Tanks. That’s why so am calling it a must win
Can still salvage a decent season but based off the expectation, the experience and talent of this team this was a goose egg of a season. This was arguably Unioto’s most talented team in the last 20 years and they’re gonna go possibly 7-3 or 6-4 in a conference with a bunch of d5 and d6 teams. No chance at the playoffs or a share of the league title. Not a bad season at all just not the season anyone expected. And I’m sure the coaching staff would say the same. At this point I hope the seniors have a good finish to the season and the basketball players stay healthy.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:14 pm
Doubt much with 2 excellent runners. RB is a stud and the QB runs a good bit and can get it done too. Have another kid or two that runs well.
Yea..... about that.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:19 pm
Can still salvage a decent season but based off the expectation, the experience and talent of this team this was a goose egg of a season. This was arguably Unioto’s most talented team in the last 20 years and they’re gonna go possibly 7-3 or 6-4 in a conference with a bunch of d5 and d6 teams. No chance at the playoffs or a share of the league title. Not a bad season at all just not the season anyone expected. And I’m sure the coaching staff would say the same. At this point I hope the seniors have a good finish to the season and the basketball players stay healthy.
Couldn't agree more, I think everyone on here had them as one of the top area teams. Not sure really what happened but they just couldn't put it together this season. Hate that for the seniors but some years things just don't go your way.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 pm
I kind of get what you're saying but playoffs the last 2 season's like you said. They been headed in the right direction for awhile and how fragile is the culture if a loss to a 7-0 SE team is going to do a lot of damage?? At this point in the season, when you're completely out of it is when you find the players that truly want to be there, no matter the age. Everyone can show up and practice hard and put it all on the line on Friday nights for a team that is still playing for something and still winning. It's the guys that continue to give it their all in practice and ball out on Friday nights despite being on the wrong end of the score that show you what type of program you've built. Good Luck, 1 thing that is overlooked to this point is that this SE defense has played well this year.

I agree with you. I know that this generation is a different mindset. It’s all about what have you done lately. Kids want to be on winning teams. If kids don’t think they are part of a winning program the lack of commitment to the offseason workouts follows and the program is set back by lack of commitment to the culture and the standards . I just know the issues Unioto has had over the years of getting commitments to winning and sustaining a winning culture Metz has worked hard to build this culture and the playoffs the last 2 years supported the work. Nothing against Southeastern but I think this game is huge for Unioto not only now to salvage a decent 2019 but I think this huge for the program in 2020 and future seasons.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Having seen both, SE wins.

Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

I believe that SE is a very different type of team than the 3 that Unioto has lost to. They provide a different type of problem to a defense. Adena and PV are both very physical up front and were able to wear down Unioto over time. (Conditioning?). Anyway, I believe that Unioto will be able to control the line of scrimmage on the offensive side and limit SE possessions just enough to win a close game. Unioto 34 Southeastern 30

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 pm
Yea..... about that.
Assuming this means someone is out. Hate to hear that.

joeboggs1
JV Team

Post by joeboggs1 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:48 pm
This is the million dollar question, and the most intriguing thing to watch over the next 3 weeks.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

joeboggs1 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:07 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 pm

Yea..... about that.
Assuming this means someone is out. Hate to hear that.
Way out

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

When thinking about Southeastern first thing comes to mind is Lane Ruby. It's not just Ruby they have a good football team. They also have a pretty solid defense.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Number 1 priority for any team playing SE is, can they slow down Ruby. He's going to get his, but Unioto has to make him work for it. He's had quite a few games this year with less than 10 carries and 3 or 4 TD's. Even though SE has scored a lot of points this year, this offense is really meant to grind out the clock and limit possessions for the opposing teams. I'll take SE by a TD.

Leecorso
Waterboy

Post by Leecorso »

Thought I’d hear more about this game Is the u banged up still. Is ruby the best player in the league or is carrol have something to say about that. There is a lot of school size difference my money always say when u are up in the air on who to pick go with the bigger school I’ll take the u by 7

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Most would take Ruby over enrollment
Last edited by mlittle on Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think it could and should be a very good ballgame. I would give a very slight edge to SE being at home. I know that Unioto has some talented kids, and can be a very good football team, I just wonder if after a couple recent games, when things seemed to be in a little bit of disarray, for whatever reason, can they put that behind them and come out and execute the way that they are capable of. Lets hope both teams have an injury free game.

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

If the Unioto kids are talking like some of the parents the last 2 weeks, they don't stand a chance. SE by at least 2 td's.

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

SE 36
Unioto 22

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

mikepike wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:46 pm If the Unioto kids are talking like some of the parents the last 2 weeks, they don't stand a chance. SE by at least 2 td's.
Why would they be?

Return to “Football”