Lucas 55-21 Fisher Catholic

formerfcfan
SEOP

Lucas 55-21 Fisher Catholic

Post by formerfcfan »

It’s gonna be tough. I’ve read that Lucas has passed the ball a lot more this year. Still a tough team to prepare for.

I got Lucas by 21. :|

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Week 8: Lucas (6-1) at Fisher Cath (6-1)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cubs by 28.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

The best non SEO but close game of the week

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

mattash wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:23 am The best non SEO but close game of the week
It’ll be a good one to take in, if you like to see two small schools running the ball well. Both teams have good QB’s. A very program (Lucas) vs a team with a ton of talent but low depth (FC.)

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

This could be a decent one. Lucas has really been playing well since the one point loss in a monsoon to Northmor. What I have been impressed with is their D. They stifled D2 St. Charles last week holding them to 160 total yards. Their D line has really been dominate. If the Irish can stop the run, this one could get interesting. If they can't, time of possession will tell the tale.

My prediction: Lucas 27, FC 6

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dnis30 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:39 am This could be a decent one. Lucas has really been playing well since the one point loss in a monsoon to Northmor. What I have been impressed with is their D. They stifled D2 St. Charles last week holding them to 160 total yards. Their D line has really been dominate. If the Irish can stop the run, this one could get interesting. If they can't, time of possession will tell the tale.

There’s stopping the run, and then there’s stopping the run out of the Double Wing. Principles aren’t too different although no room for error with eye discipline and setting the edge.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:07 am
dnis30 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:39 am This could be a decent one. Lucas has really been playing well since the one point loss in a monsoon to Northmor. What I have been impressed with is their D. They stifled D2 St. Charles last week holding them to 160 total yards. Their D line has really been dominate. If the Irish can stop the run, this one could get interesting. If they can't, time of possession will tell the tale.

There’s stopping the run, and then there’s stopping the run out of the Double Wing. Principles aren’t too different although no room for error with eye discipline and setting the edge.
There is a difference. I agree.

gle300
Riding the Bench

Post by gle300 »

Lucas by a few scores. Lucas 35 fisher catholic 14

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

I think FC’s best chance is to take some risk and spread it out early. Can’t be eating a three-&-out or a busted possession to start the game by running into a 10-man box. FC has the athletes to move the ball downfield when spread out. But they’re not going to be able to dig themselves out if they just keep running in compressed formation for marginal / no gain.

Lucas 34-13

But...

If FC can get 300 yards of offense between the trio of Starcher, Fabrocini and Krooner then it’ll be decided in the 4th quarter. Against Lucas, it’ll require some creativity and persistence but you’re playing with house money tonight if you’re FC. Go crazy.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:23 pm I think FC’s best chance is to take some risk and spread it out early. Can’t be eating a three-&-out or a busted possession to start the game by running into a 10-man box. FC has the athletes to move the ball downfield when spread out. But they’re not going to be able to dig themselves out if they just keep running in compressed formation for marginal / no gain.

Lucas 34-13

But...

If FC can get 300 yards of offense between the trio of Starcher, Fabrocini and Krooner then it’ll be decided in the 4th quarter. Against Lucas, it’ll require some creativity and persistence but you’re playing with house money tonight if you’re FC. Go crazy.
Great analysis. I agree with all of it. If FC gets their horses going, this could be a slugfest. You nailed it though, it will take creativity.

Good luck to both teams, tonight. Hoping for an injury free game with the guys helping each other off the ground after every play.

I am looking forward to seeing the stadium. I hear it is quite nice.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dnis30 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:14 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:23 pm I think FC’s best chance is to take some risk and spread it out early. Can’t be eating a three-&-out or a busted possession to start the game by running into a 10-man box. FC has the athletes to move the ball downfield when spread out. But they’re not going to be able to dig themselves out if they just keep running in compressed formation for marginal / no gain.

Lucas 34-13

But...

Great analysis. I agree with all of it. If FC gets their horses going, this could be a slugfest. You nailed it though, it will take creativity.

Good luck to both teams, tonight. Hoping for an injury free game with the guys helping each other off the ground after every play.

Agreed. Enjoy the drive.

I’ll be in a white U of Iowa sweatshirt, roaming around. Feel free to say “hey”.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:51 pm
dnis30 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:14 pm

Lucas 34-13

But...

Agreed. Enjoy the drive.

I’ll be in a white U of Iowa sweatshirt, roaming around. Feel free to say “hey”.
Likewise. I will be in a black Lucas playoff hoodie. Take care.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

37/07-Lucas

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Arghhhhhh... got it to 40-21 in the 3rd.

Can’t be eating a bunch of absolute screw-ups to start the game and when you’re trying to keep the game within reach early on.

All the credit in the world to Lucas. Fantastic team. I think they can possibly take Region 25.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:54 pm Arghhhhhh... got it to 40-21 in the 3rd.

Can’t be eating a bunch of absolute screw-ups to start the game and when you’re trying to keep the game within reach early on.

All the credit in the world to Lucas. Fantastic team. I think they can possibly take Region 25.
Pasteur has Lucas as the R25 favorite. We will see. They were so close last year. These guys are motivated for sure. Thanks for all the kind words. Good luck to your Irish moving forward. I think they can make some hay in R27.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:54 pm Arghhhhhh... got it to 40-21 in the 3rd.

The 21 points FC scored against Lucas was tied for the most of any team over the last 16 games (Trimble got 21 against us in last years R27 final). Something to hang your hat on anyways. I think FC could give Prep, Newark Cath or Shadyside a good game.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

dnis30 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:54 am

The 21 points FC scored against Lucas was tied for the most of any team over the last 16 games (Trimble got 21 against us in last years R27 final). Something to hang your hat on anyways. I think FC could give Prep, Newark Cath or Shadyside a good game.
Yeah, that’s a way to look at it. The dagger in the first half was the fumbled pitch out of the bone on 3rd and 4 as FC was marching into Lucas territory. Had a great edge but instead pushed us back 15 yards. The kid who scored our first TD hasn’t gotten many carries (haven’t had his number called that often on offense, #6 in total carries in a decently deep backfield) so that was encouraging to see him come up big and have that run against a tenacious Lucas defense.

Thought our all-black uniforms looked good, until it appeared we were dressed for own funeral on the field... lol. Gotta beat Troy Christian to be for sure in.

dnis30
Freshman Team

Post by dnis30 »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:04 pm
dnis30 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:54 am

Yeah, that’s a way to look at it. The dagger in the first half was the fumbled pitch out of the bone on 3rd and 4 as FC was marching into Lucas territory. Had a great edge but instead pushed us back 15 yards. The kid who scored our first TD hasn’t gotten many carries (haven’t had his number called that often on offense, #6 in total carries in a decently deep backfield) so that was encouraging to see him come up big and have that run against a tenacious Lucas defense.

Thought our all-black uniforms looked good, until it appeared we were dressed for own funeral on the field... lol. Gotta beat Troy Christian to be for sure in.
Lol. The uniforms were sharp! I loved them! We wear all black at home too. All black is my favorite color scheme for football!

IMO, you guys should roll Troy Christian. Lucas had them blanked 43-0 at the half. The Fabrocini kid (#44) should get 200 on the ground. There is no one on the TC roster that can tackle that kid on the regular. That kid is a beast.

Return to “Football”