Belpre 7 - 35 Warren

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Belpre 7 - 35 Warren

Post by EasternDspy »

Huge game! Belpre has a chance to inch closer to the playoffs with a win.

enigmaax
All State

Re: WK 8 Warren (4-3) @ Belpre (5-2)

Post by enigmaax »

I like the added incentive of being able to knock Belpre out of the playoffs.

Warren needs to clean up a few things this week, but overall, I think last night was a huge confidence boost. Williamstown is a great team and we nearly pulled it out.

Looking forward to this one.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Warren looking to take out some pent up aggression from Williamstown and Belpre needs this game to get in the playoffs. Should be another good one.

sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

warren by 21 at least.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre is better coached and better or defense and more physical. I think Belpre wins close.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

Gandee and Simoniette too much for Belpre. Belpre also has played two bad teams coming in. The game will look very fast for them for a quarter or two.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Belpre is talented to they got a big line.

Qb - Conner Baker
FB- Godfrey
RB- Adams
RB - Weaver
WR - Fieck

They def have a shot in this game.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:28 pm Belpre is better coached and better or defense and more physical. I think Belpre wins close.
You can have your opinion, but have you seen Warren at all?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

enigmaax wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:04 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:28 pm Belpre is better coached and better or defense and more physical. I think Belpre wins close.
I actually haven’t. I’ve seen Belpre give Fort Frye 2 of its hardest Qts though.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I watched WC absolutely dominate Williamstown. I saw highlights of Chase Taylor running for 300 yards on Warren.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Calpreps prediction

Warren 35 Belpre 28

96Champ
Riding the Bench

Post by 96Champ »

Warren played Marietta week 2, Warren has gotten a lot better than Marietta. Last night Warren made some mistakes and Williamstown knew they escaped with a hard fought win. I believe Warren will be ready to answer the call last 3 games. Belpre has a great coach no doubt about that. Can Belpre match the skill players of Warren? Warren wins this.

Warriors321
Freshman Team

Post by Warriors321 »

Warren definitely will have a chip on their shoulder. As will belpre. Should be a good game especially since it’s belpres homecoming. I’m gonna say warren comes out fired up and wins. Warren 35 belpre 20

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

Going with the warriors on this one to much speed

Warrior92
Riding the Bench

Post by Warrior92 »

Is that right???

Ok, I guess you got us there. More physical? Better defense? Better coached?

Now that’s funny!! :D

Belpre no match for Warren. Sorry. Warren wins by 20+.

Oh yeah by the way I could care less how big belpre is. Size of you players alone have never won a ballgame. If they can’t execute all they do is take up extra space.

Warren will beat them down, throw down their throat, and play good defense.
Will be another good game though.
Go Blue!!!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warrior92 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:58 pm
Is that right???

Oh yeah by the way I could care less how big belpre is. Size of you players alone have never won a ballgame. If they can’t execute all they do is take up extra space.

Go Blue!!!

Good defense???? Warren allows 26 ppg???

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Warrior92 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:58 pm
Is that right???

Go Blue!!!

Good Defense???? Williamstown had 397 yards rushing on Warren.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:19 pm
I watched WC absolutely dominate Williamstown. I saw highlights of Chase Taylor running for 300 yards on Warren.
Yeah, Warren is prone to giving up some big plays on the ground. That has hurt them in the losses. I don’t think it is from lack of physicality, but that will likely determine the outcome. Have to be more consistent.

Obviously Belpre has a great coach, but Warren is well-coached. Kids will be prepared, they just have to execute.

I feel like it is a good matchup. Like this week, it could come down to a play or two and who gets the breaks. For as close as Warren was to beating Williamstown, they self-inflicted some things. 90 yards in penalties at inopportune times. 3 uncharacteristic turnovers (the endzone pick bounced about 6 times - bad break). Two missed FGs of 40+ yards (not necessarily on the kicker; he made two others from 38 & 37). Point being one or two things here or there made the difference. Some of those things don’t normally happen to Warren and/or are correctable. Clean up a few things and they’ll be fine.

Belpre seems to have played a nice defensive game against Fort Frye. Hard to tell how that translates because that was 6 weeks ago when FF was just warming up and while Warren is not near FF’s level, it is a completely different offensive style. I’m not sure Belpre has seen what Warren is going to throw at them, even though Belpre has played a couple better teams.

I won’t make a prediction; I’d rather be the underdog anyway, but I feel much better about the chances in this game than I did right after the Marietta game. Should be a good one.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Should be a great game. I personally think teams are completely opposite so something has to give. Warren will make plays I can see both teams winning.

Football Fan 25
Waterboy

Post by Football Fan 25 »

I hear every reason why Warren will beat Belpre ! Who
The heck have they really played ? That’s my question ? Just because you throw it all over the field 30-40 times a game doesn’t make you a better team ! Impressive stats for sure , but I like Belpre in this one .

Return to “Football”