I'm psyched ! The Pfloyd 2019-20 Tour is coming together ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

I'm psyched ! The Pfloyd 2019-20 Tour is coming together ...

Post by pfloyd »

I don't know about anyone else BUT I.AM.STOKED.FOR.HOOPS.SEASON!!!!! ... practices to begin in 3+ weeks ... I have seen some schools have been doing TONS of conditioning/individual workouts already !!! ... I started putting together my first week travels to kick off the 2019-20 campaign ... here's the first week of the Pfloyd Tour of SEOhio Hoops :

11/29 (Fri)... ZT Classic (all day event) ... marquee game so far Jackson vs Logan Elm 5pm
11/30 (Sat) ... Piketon Tipoff Classic ... Warren vs Waverly is one of the scheduled matchups
12/3 (Tues) ... traveling to Jackson to watch North Adams vs Jackson
12/5 (Thursday) ... LE entertains Zane Trace
12/6 (Friday) ... Unioto vs Logan at the U
12/7 (Saturday) ... Paint Valley @ Peebles

... What a GREAT FIRST WEEK OF HOOPS !!!! ... hope to see many of the SEOhio Hoops fans courtside & in the Cheap Seats this season !!!
Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: I'm psyched ! The Pfloyd 2019-20 Tour is coming together ...

Post by pfloyd »

13 games in the first week of action !!! my kind of week !!! Napkin Stats ... game recaps ... friends in the Cheap Seats ... coaching friends court side ...I'm NOT seeing a downside !!! ... hot dogs, water and twizzlers !!! ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:32 pm I don't know about anyone else BUT I.AM.STOKED.FOR.HOOPS.SEASON!!!!! ... practices to begin in 3+ weeks ... I have seen some schools have been doing TONS of conditioning/individual workouts already !!! ... I started putting together my first week travels to kick off the 2019-20 campaign ... here's the first week of the Pfloyd Tour of SEOhio Hoops :

11/29 (Fri)... ZT Classic (all day event) ... marquee game so far Jackson vs Logan Elm 5pm
11/30 (Sat) ... Piketon Tipoff Classic ... Warren vs Waverly is one of the scheduled matchups
12/3 (Tues) ... traveling to Jackson to watch North Adams vs Jackson
12/5 (Thursday) ... LE entertains Zane Trace
12/6 (Friday) ... Unioto vs Logan at the U
12/7 (Saturday) ... Paint Valley @ Peebles

... What a GREAT FIRST WEEK OF HOOPS !!!! ... hope to see many of the SEOhio Hoops fans courtside & in the Cheap Seats this season !!!
That North Adams vs Jackson game should be a dandy

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

How did Logan look this summer Pfloyd? I know they lost a ton to graduation but had some younger kids getting big minutes.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

mlittle wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:42 pm How did Logan look this summer Pfloyd? I know they lost a ton to graduation but had some younger kids getting big minutes.
...mlittle they have a lot of "potential" - with last years talent on varsity, this years seniors were last years' JV squad ... so it is a senior laden squad with the notable non-senior in Tegan Myers (soph this season) ... not a lot of varsity experience BUT a lot of talent ... they are a team that will get better and better as they get used to the speed of the varsity game ... not going to be the 2018-19 version of the Chiefs BUT they will definitely compete with everyone they play ... hard to replace the players who left last season due to graduation - this will be Coach Riders first all "his" upbringing through HIS program ... will be interesting to see how they compare fundamentally with last years team ... looking forward to the game at the U this season ! glad the powers that be have kept this one going over the last few years ! ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season ...

1. Chillicothe
2. North Adams
3. Zane Trace
4. Jackson
5. Fairfield Union
6. Peebles
7. Warren
8. Sheridan

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

9. Logan Elm
10. Fairland
11. New Boston
12. Trimble
13. Eastern Brown
14. Adena
15. Wheelersburg
16. Alexander
17. Ironton
18. Logan
19. Unioto
20. Meigs
21. Greenfield McClain
22. Waverly
23. Chesapeake
24. South Point
25. Lynchburg Clay
26. Oak Hill
27. Whiteoak
28. Vinton County
29. Circleville
30. Portsmouth
31. Athens
32. Crooksville
33. Lucasville Valley
34. New Lexington
35. Piketon
36. Fairfield Leesburg
37. Washington CH
38. Coal Grove
39. Federal Hocking
40. Gaillia Academy
41. Hillsboro
42. Western Pike
43. Paint Valley
44. Miami Trace
45. Marietta
46. Minford
47. Nelsonville York
48. Waterford
49. West Union
50. St. Joseph
51. South Gallia
52. Southern
53. Symmes Valley
54. Green
55. Belpre
56. Portsmouth West
57. Wellston
58. Westfall
59. Rock Hill
60. River Valley
61. Reedsville Eastern
62. Eastern Pike
63. Southeastern
64. Manchester
65. Portsmouth Clay
66. Huntington
67. Miller
68. South Webster
69. Portsmouth Notre Dame
70. Portsmouth East
71. Wahama
72. Northwest

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:50 pm
mlittle wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:42 pm How did Logan look this summer Pfloyd? I know they lost a ton to graduation but had some younger kids getting big minutes.
...mlittle they have a lot of "potential" - with last years talent on varsity, this years seniors were last years' JV squad ... so it is a senior laden squad with the notable non-senior in Tegan Myers (soph this season) ... not a lot of varsity experience BUT a lot of talent ... they are a team that will get better and better as they get used to the speed of the varsity game ... not going to be the 2018-19 version of the Chiefs BUT they will definitely compete with everyone they play ... hard to replace the players who left last season due to graduation - this will be Coach Riders first all "his" upbringing through HIS program ... will be interesting to see how they compare fundamentally with last years team ... looking forward to the game at the U this season ! glad the powers that be have kept this one going over the last few years ! ...
Thanks for the quick run down. I knew they’d lost something like their top 7 in the rotation which can be tough. But I’m sure they will be scrappy on defense as they always are and play us tough! See you there!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Since everyone has an opinion, here's mine pfloyd :lol:

While they are hated on this forum.... I'm not sure New Boston can be ranked worse than Peebles. New Boston returns all but 1 player and brought in 5 (FIVE!!) new faces, two of which should make an immediate substantial impact. This is a New Boston squad that made it to the Elite 8 last year. They have the best big man in SEO D4 in Sexton, and arguably the best guard in SEO D4 in McKinley. Tanner Voiers averaged 15+ last year as a sophomore, he will help New Boston tremendously.

I've seen the hype on Peebles, and they should be improved. But no D4 team should be ranked above New Boston until they dethrone them (just my opinion!!)

.... as a New Boston grad, I expected more out of you ;)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:52 pm Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Pre Season ...

1. Chillicothe
2. North Adams
3. Zane Trace
4. Jackson
5. Fairfield Union
6. Peebles
7. Warren
8. Sheridan

... Treehugger Wannabees ...

9. Logan Elm
10. Fairland
11. New Boston
12. Trimble
13. Eastern Brown
14. Adena
15. Wheelersburg
16. Alexander
17. Ironton
18. Logan
19. Unioto
20. Meigs
21. Greenfield McClain
22. Waverly
23. Chesapeake
24. South Point
25. Lynchburg Clay
26. Oak Hill
27. Whiteoak
28. Vinton County
29. Circleville
30. Portsmouth
31. Athens
32. Crooksville
33. Lucasville Valley
34. New Lexington
35. Piketon
36. Fairfield Leesburg
37. Washington CH
38. Coal Grove
39. Federal Hocking
40. Gaillia Academy
41. Hillsboro
42. Western Pike
43. Paint Valley
44. Miami Trace
45. Marietta
46. Minford
47. Nelsonville York
48. Waterford
49. West Union
50. St. Joseph
51. South Gallia
52. Southern
53. Symmes Valley
54. Green
55. Belpre
56. Portsmouth West
57. Wellston
58. Westfall
59. Rock Hill
60. River Valley
61. Reedsville Eastern
62. Eastern Pike
63. Southeastern
64. Manchester
65. Portsmouth Clay
66. Huntington
67. Miller
68. South Webster
69. Portsmouth Notre Dame
70. Portsmouth East
71. Wahama
72. Northwest
Glad to see Meigs crack the Top 20!

Live Like A Champion!
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:12 am Since everyone has an opinion, here's mine pfloyd :lol:

While they are hated on this forum.... I'm not sure New Boston can be ranked worse than Peebles. New Boston returns all but 1 player and brought in 5 (FIVE!!) new faces, two of which should make an immediate substantial impact. This is a New Boston squad that made it to the Elite 8 last year. They have the best big man in SEO D4 in Sexton, and arguably the best guard in SEO D4 in McKinley. Tanner Voiers averaged 15+ last year as a sophomore, he will help New Boston tremendously.

I've seen the hype on Peebles, and they should be improved. But no D4 team should be ranked above New Boston until they dethrone them (just my opinion!!)

bbjunky81 ... I totally understand your thinking ! at the time of posting the preseason rankings NB had the Voiers coming to town - that was it ... I know now there are more Tigers in the fold ... the concern I had over the summer was the Tiger depth ... very talented starting 5 but no bench to speak of ... Sexton is outstanding - saw the Tigers at the Lynchburg Clay Shootout over the summer ... with Sexton playing a BIG chunk of time on perimeter there didn't appear anyone in the paint for GHS ... by the way at the Lynchburg summer get together Peebles beat NB on a 3 ball at the buzzer ... NB is at their highest ranking in the Elite 8 ever ... on Jan 4th the Tigers of Coach Cox travel to Peebles - THE opening for NB to move into the Elite 8 for the first time ... I'm looking forward to seeing the Tigers this coming season ... 1/4 is as good as any vs Peebles - great night of hoops imo ...

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:12 am Since everyone has an opinion, here's mine pfloyd :lol:

Whoa Whoa... Lets not get a head of our selves talking about the Mckinley kid. I believe he is only going to be a sophomore, but this kid has a lot of growing (maturity, strength, skills) to do to be considered one of the best guards in SEO D4. Again, he is a solid player, and I am sure an even better kid. But I have to see more. IMO... New Boston will be TOUGH, no doubt about it.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Found out yesterday Alvin Carpenter is back as head coach at Symmes Valley. He's never had a losing season.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I just can’t see NA being the 2nd best team. I don’t see Peebles top 6. Would have New Boston and Alexander higher up than they are.

I think Logan Elm will be top 8

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:13 am I just can’t see NA being the 2nd best team. I don’t see Peebles top 6. Would have New Boston and Alexander higher up than they are.

I think Logan Elm will be top 8
... New Boston "grew" it's bench a month before and with the start of the school year ... the "? - mark" they had was no bench when the summer started ... the Tigers of Coach Cox will have their opportunity to play into the Elite 8 when they take on Peebles the first week of the new year Pfloyd will be in the Cheap Seats at Peebles for that one ... Alexander imo is about right at #16 to start the season ... AHS returns JK Kearns and Caleb Terry as starters BUT they lose some really quality/varsity tested players ! - Dylan Mecum was one of my favorite, underrated players in SEO - hard pressed to replace the intensity he had at both ends of the court, Kameron Riley - outstanding! gone to graduation ... Stone Markins - hardnosed defender, board pounder - gone to graduation ... imo Alexander has to show me something with the replacements for these 3 starters while STILL we are looking at Caleb Terry's "potential" to be a 6-11 post player at both ends of the floor ... I still can see the CT drawing up a "0" for 4 qtrs on my napkin stat sheet in AHS's 49-39 loss to Athens at McAfee ... I WANT CT to be THE post player he should be - dominating at both ends ... without THAT I don't see Alexander as an Elite 8 team ... Logan Elm sits at #9 - I DO EXPECT Coach Stiverson's Braves to be in the Elite 8 ! - I love these youngsters ! have since they were freshmen ... scorers everywhere on the court ... everyone of them plays MY KIND OF D ... the Braves will be there in the Elite 8 ... asking those in the know -bman!!! - are LE, BC and other schools in the MSL getting any transfers from Amanda ? ...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great point bbjunky. New Boston catching a lot of hate on here lately, but you cannot deny the talent there. No way Peebles should be ahead of them. Likewise, have a hard time seeing Webster at 68 out of 72 teams. Even without Voiers and Blevins, they return Bockway, Zimmerman and some solid upperclassmen. I have them around 12-10 and middle of pack in SOC II, and a District contender, even after the subtractions.*

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Perfectly fine with Logan Elm being where it is. In fact, it's generous coming off a .500 season. Team has potential and could have a solid season, but I'm from Missouri.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... only 6 Fridays until opening tip off to the regular season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line !!!!

goindians42
Riding the Bench

Post by goindians42 »

Getting excited as well for the season! Pfloyd I am hoping I can pick you out in the crowd at Peebles.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

goindians42 wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:15 pm Getting excited as well for the season! Pfloyd I am hoping I can pick you out in the crowd at Peebles.
... LOL ... I'm easy to pick out goindians42 ! - old, gray beard, bald guy wearing cargo shorts, Chuck Taylors sitting in the Cheap Seats keeping stats & eating Twizzlers LOL ...

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

pfloyd whats your expectatios on the SVC this year. Zane Trace might have some heath issues starting out.with nesser coming back off knee surgery and davis with ankle issues. Adena lost 2 of there better players and leading scorer in Zach Fout and fouglesong underneath and Unioto bringing back a lot back and getting the transfer from Southeastern inside this will be interesting year

Return to “Boys Basketball”