Top 10 Teams in the SE District

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: Top 10 Teams in the SE District

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Long knocker wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:46 pmMore
Maxpreps has about the same in Ohio power rankings as of now.
SEO Top 10:
90. Ironton
106. Trimble
132. Fort Frye
150. Sheridan
171. Wheelersburg
176. Amanda-Clearcreek
199. Gallipolis
241. Jackson
255. Unioto
272. Portsmouth

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Let’s make sure we go back and revisit the computers of cal peeps and max preps rating. And throw in Pasteur top 50 while we are at it. After week 5. Once they have some more data they will change a good bit I would expect

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Trimble isn’t the 106th best team in the state. I wonder if they would be a top 100 D1 team?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 am Trimble isn’t the 106th best team in the state. I wonder if they would be a top 100 D1 team?
D1 only has 72 teams, D2-D6 has 106 or 107 teams each and D7 has 112 this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:25 am Trimble isn’t the 106th best team in the state. I wonder if they would be a top 100 D1 team?
there are only 72 d1 teams. Trimble and Fort Frye can make a strong case for #1 in SEO.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:44 am
Trimble had contending playoff teams for the last 40 years and their defense, special teams and ball control run offense has never been a problem but passing has been in most years when needed. The best throwing QB they've had IMO was Roger Bingman in late 80's but they didn't have the defenses then that they've had the last 10 years or so and there were only 4 divisions back then with more teams in each. They just need to get one of those Athens QB's to move in sometime to get over the last hurdle in D6 or D7 and they would have a state title or two in their trophy case. (i.e. Lichtenburg, Gregory, Burrow, Moore).

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:38 pm
Trimble had contending playoff teams for the last 40 years and their defense, special teams and ball control run offense has never been a problem but passing has been in most years when needed. The best throwing QB they've had IMO was Roger Bingman in late 80's but they didn't have the defenses then that they've had the last 10 years or so and there were only 4 divisions back then with more teams in each. They just need to get one of those Athens QB's to move in sometime to get over the last hurdle in D6 or D7 and they would have a state title or two in their trophy case. (i.e. Lichtenburg, Gregory, Burrow, Moore).
Would love to have the 7th grade QB who has some Trimble Blood Kaiden Bycofski............

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:43 am
Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 am 1. Jackson
2. Ironton
3. GA
4. Fort Frye
5. Trimble
6. Unioto
7. Portsmouth
8. Valley
9. Southeastern
10. Paint Valley
Jackson is gaining traction but can’t put 4 quarters together. They must get a lot better to beat a Wheelersburg in 2 weeks. Zero chance they deserve the top spot.
Agree Poo.... I don't know what planet these Gallipolis people are are on but Wheelersburg would beat Jackson right now and they're not in even in his top 10 ? Even Athens at 0-3 right now would beat 3 of these teams easily. Some people just can't get by won-loss records. :lol:
That may be the case, but I'm using the rules of OP. Top 10 team must be above .500 right now to be considered. Burg is probably top 6 or 7 right now, talent wise, but they're 1-2 with losses to very good teams.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Gallia guy,did you not see what Ironton did to Jackson in the scrimmage?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 pm Gallia guy,did you not see what Ironton did to Jackson in the scrimmage?
Scrimmage ?? 😂

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble would win state if Moore and Wilburn went to Trimble. But these kids have pride in playing with the district they live in and not taking the easy way out and all load up on a team

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:06 pm

Trimble would win state if Moore and Wilburn went to Trimble. But these kids have pride in playing with the district they live in and not taking the easy way out and all load up on a team
Well if they did i think it would be what alot of other teams do.Just a few players could make a huge difference.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Maybe if they were d5 and coldwater stays at 6. If tremble is 6 or 7 I don’t see them winning State northwest and northeast way different ballgame

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Maybe if they were d5 and coldwater stays at 6. If tremble is 6 or 7 I don’t see them winning State northwest and northeast way different ballgame
Putting the cart way before the horse. I don’t think the Trimble base needs a lecture on western/northwest ball being different. They aren’t the ones saying they’ll win state. As a program that’s been there before, not unlike a Shadyside or Newark Catholic, or really any program from the Southeast Region who won the number of battles necessary to make the state finals can tell you, you are effectively playing with house money if you’re blessed to make it that far. Theres a hundred or so teams in your division with the ultimate goal of winning the hardware and you are one of the only two left standing. You can’t prepare for the state title game in the offseason, week 3, week 8, week 11 of week 13 - not when you have a bunch of bosses trying to kick you out weeks 11-14. Any team that has ever tried to in such an instance falls dramatically short of reaching that goal.

Trimble has an incredibly well-prepared program. If they are blessed enough to make the state title game again, it’ll be their third time this decade. You can count on your finger the number of times any program in the D6/D7 threshold will have done that. This year it may be a bigger beast because they just came up a few boys too north of the D7 cutoff, but if there’s a program this side of 71 and 23 it’s the Tomcats who won’t feel sorry for themselves and instead keep grinding toward their goals it’s Phil Faires’ Trimble boys. The grinders from Glouster.

Good luck to the Tomcats. I believe you in every week and believe you can shock the state come week 15, because I know your staff, players and community understands the road to Stark County better than 95% of the state and also have the tools to get it done. One week at a time!

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:01 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm

Putting the cart way before the horse. I don’t think the Trimble base needs a lecture on western/northwest ball being different. They aren’t the ones saying they’ll win state. As a program that’s been there before, not unlike a Shadyside or Newark Catholic, or really any program from the Southeast Region who won the number of battles necessary to make the state finals can tell you, you are effectively playing with house money if you’re blessed to make it that far. Theres a hundred or so teams in your division with the ultimate goal of winning the hardware and you are one of the only two left standing. You can’t prepare for the state title game in the offseason, week 3, week 8, week 11 of week 13 - not when you have a bunch of bosses trying to kick you out weeks 11-14. Any team that has ever tried to in such an instance falls dramatically short of reaching that goal.

Trimble has an incredibly well-prepared program. If they are blessed enough to make the state title game again, it’ll be their third time this decade. You can count on your finger the number of times any program in the D6/D7 threshold will have done that. This year it may be a bigger beast because they just came up a few boys too north of the D7 cutoff, but if there’s a program this side of 71 and 23 it’s the Tomcats who won’t feel sorry for themselves and instead keep grinding toward their goals it’s Phil Faires’ Trimble boys. The grinders from Glouster.

Good luck to the Tomcats. I believe you in every week and believe you can shock the state come week 15, because I know your staff, players and community understands the road to Stark County better than 95% of the state and also have the tools to get it done. One week at a time!
Very well said. Good luck to the Trimble tomcats

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:31 pm Gallia guy,did you not see what Ironton did to Jackson in the scrimmage?
I think IHS had more to prove than Jackson. They also beat GA in OVC previews last year, if memory serves. GA then beat them when it mattered at the Tank. So make of that, what you will.

Return to “Football”