Top 10 Teams in the SE District

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Re: Top 10 Teams in the SE District

Post by Blue/92 »

UofL wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:17 pm Flop Portsmouth with Gallia and move em up a spot and I think it’s pretty accurate
You honestly believe Portsmouth is the better team?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Blue/92 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:26 pm
UofL wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:17 pm Flop Portsmouth with Gallia and move em up a spot and I think it’s pretty accurate
You honestly believe Portsmouth is the better team?
The good news is....we will actually get to find out

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Southeast REGION: (If football set up like basketball)
1. New Phildelphia
2. Stubenville
3. Dover
4. Zanesville
5. Tri-Valley
6. St. Clairsville
7. Ironton
8. Sheridan
9. Wheelersburg
10. Jackson

Southeast DISTRICT: (If football set up like basketball)
1. Ironton
2. Sheridan
3. Wheelersburg
4. Jackson
5. Trimble
6. Gallipolis
7. Minford
8. Portsmouth
9. New Lexington
10. Athens
( I would have Ft. Frye @ #6 but they play in East district in basketball and I would have Amanda @ #9 but they play in the Central district in basketball even though the are both in SEO. Chillicothe is Central district in basketball also. I know Athens lost to Waverly early but the Moore kid @ Qb is just getting his sea legs adjusted and he's really good in that spread and is getting better each week. On another note the competition level for a few others that are 3-0 or 2-1 down that way hasn't been the best so let's do this again around wk # 8 and we'll have a pretty good gauge. "Don't beat me up" :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:32 pm Southeast REGION: (If football set up like basketball)
1. New Phildelphia
2. Stubenville
3. Dover
4. Zanesville
5. Tri-Valley
6. St. Clairsville
7. Ironton
8. Sheridan
9. Wheelersburg
10. Jackson

1. Ironton
2. Sheridan
3. Wheelersburg
4. Jackson
5. Trimble
6. Gallipolis
7. Minford
8. Portsmouth
9. New Lexington
10. Athens
( I would have Ft. Frye @ #6 but they play in East district in basketball and I would have Amanda @ #9 but they play in the Central district in basketball even though the are both in SEO. Chillicothe is Central district in basketball also. I know Athens lost to Waverly early but the Moore kid @ Qb is just getting his sea legs adjusted and he's really good in that spread and is getting better each week. On another note the competition level for a few others that are 3-0 or 2-1 down that way hasn't been the best so let's do this again around wk # 8 and we'll have a pretty good gauge. "Don't beat me up" :lol:
I mean Chillicothe plays in a league that is SE District and are only not in basketball SE district for tournament because of so few D1’s. Amanda doesn’t play anything SE district in the tournament do they? Do we even have any members that post for about 6 of your top list?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:16 pm
FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:32 pm Southeast REGION: (If football set up like basketball)
1. New Phildelphia
2. Stubenville
3. Dover
4. Zanesville
5. Tri-Valley
6. St. Clairsville
7. Ironton
8. Sheridan
9. Wheelersburg
10. Jackson

1. Ironton
2. Sheridan
3. Wheelersburg
4. Jackson
5. Trimble
6. Gallipolis
7. Minford
8. Portsmouth
9. New Lexington
10. Athens
I mean Chillicothe plays in a league that is SE District and are only not in basketball SE district for tournament because of so few D1’s. Amanda doesn’t play anything SE district in the tournament do they? Do we even have any members that post for about 6 of your top list?
That's why I BOLDED both REGION and DISTRICT in my post above. (I wouldn't have Fort Frye or Amanda in the region Top 10 anyway but I would include them in the geographical district of SEO.) ......and yes there are a few posters along the I-70 corridor East of Columbus to the river @ Wheeling. Sheridan, Zanesville, Meadowbrook, John Glenn, Cambridge, St. Clairsville, Bridgeport and Bellaire all border I-70 to the river along with a few other districts south of that in the woods along I-77 south in old PVC country plus Shadyside, River and Frontier going downriver to Marietta.
Last edited by FANOSPORTS on Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:23 pm
1. New Phildelphia
2. Stubenville
3. Dover
4. Zanesville
5. Tri-Valley
6. St. Clairsville
7. Ironton
8. Sheridan
9. Wheelersburg
10. Jackson

1. Ironton
2. Sheridan
3. Wheelersburg
4. Jackson
5. Trimble
6. Gallipolis
7. Minford
8. Portsmouth
9. New Lexington
10. Athens
That's why I BOLDED both REGION and DISTRICT in my post above. (I wouldn't have Fort Frye or Amanda in the region Top 10 anyway but I would include them in the geographical district of SEO.)
I get it but Dover and New Philly are closer to Lake Erie than Sheridan....top part of our district

Good work, I trust your rankings but not many on here are going to consider much of a team 40 miles north of Rt 70

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:27 pm

That's why I BOLDED both REGION and DISTRICT in my post above. (I wouldn't have Fort Frye or Amanda in the region Top 10 anyway but I would include them in the geographical district of SEO.)
I get it but Dover and New Philly are closer to Lake Erie than Sheridan....top part of our district

Good work, I trust your rankings but not many on here are going to consider much of a team 40 miles north of Rt 70
The basketball Regionals are broken down that way with the East district winners playing the Southeast district at the convo for Regional titles is all i'm saying. If you'd draw a true line into the 4 quadrants of the state SEO would run from just south of Delaware to the Ohio River in Jefferson county where Stubenville is located. So yes, the Regional line is 40 miles North of I-70 as the crow flies.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:52 pm

The basketball Regionals are broken down that way with the East district winners playing the Southeast district at the convo for Regional titles is all i'm saying. If you'd draw a true line into the 4 quadrants of the state SEO would run from just south of Delaware to the Ohio River in Jefferson county where Stubenville is located. So yes, the Regional line is 40 miles North of I-70 as the crow flies.

The districts are so dumb. Can’t tell me Marietta , Warren , Waterford and Belpre are Southeast and Fort isn’t. It’s weird I’ve always been told that if they petitioned Fort could go to southeast. Southeast D3 basketball normally gets 2 teams to regionals with 24 teams. Eastern District gets 1 for 16-18. Fort normally has to win 2 games just to get to districts. Southeast is normally 1 game to convo ( Districts) . I prefer to be Southeast typically it’s an easier route to regionals.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens is probably the center and Wheelersburg/ Ironton are an 1 hour and 45 minutes away in BFE

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

1. Jackson
2. Ironton
3. GA
4. Fort Frye
5. Trimble
6. Unioto
7. Portsmouth
8. Valley
9. Southeastern
10. Paint Valley

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:44 pm
svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:29 am If Ironton is 1 Gallia academy is not 6th
Well I think he has Ironton on top because he feels there that much improved over last year. This Gallia team is young and inexperienced. But I think this years Gallia team could take last years Gallia team after week 3. Will they continue to improve and be is good as Gallia was last year by week 8 I don’t know. But the team that played point Friday night was way better and farther along then the team that lost to Jackson last year week 3.

They just need snaps and experience.
Agree completely. The defense, especially. I was worried whenever Point ran their big fullback on the last drive. I thought: "well, darn....here we go again. Another smack us in the mouth drive to end the game."

But the defense stood tall and won the game. That's big time football there. Pencil GA in for a week 12 matchup, I'd wager.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 am 1. Jackson
2. Ironton
3. GA
4. Fort Frye
5. Trimble
6. Unioto
7. Portsmouth
8. Valley
9. Southeastern
10. Paint Valley
Jackson is gaining traction but can’t put 4 quarters together. They must get a lot better to beat a Wheelersburg in 2 weeks. Zero chance they deserve the top spot.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

is ironton the best team in this part of the state right now. who knows. but they have beaten 3 fine clubs in burg, Russell, and fairland.we have accomplished that, and nothing else at this point. but we get into the meat of the schedule now, starting with a very good Ashland team. and then continue into league play. and with Portsmouth, and Gallia academy being mentioned in this topic,the good thing is we get to prove it or not prove it on the field of play. I'm not discounting any other ironton opponent we have left, just using a couple of local teams that have been mentioned on the list. that are fortunately on our schedule. so we'll throw it all in the mixer and see what happens. but they certainly are vastly improved and very physical and are definitely a team on the rise. coach Pendleton and his staff was a Godsend. the perfect match of a hardnosed community and it's young'uns. the school needed a bob lutz type coach discipline wise. and the early part of his coaching career and work ethic are looking very similar. hopefully his staff stays together just as long and we see similar success. bob was and is the man though.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:02 am

The districts are so dumb. Can’t tell me Marietta , Warren , Waterford and Belpre are Southeast and Fort isn’t. It’s weird I’ve always been told that if they petitioned Fort could go to southeast. Southeast D3 basketball normally gets 2 teams to regionals with 24 teams. Eastern District gets 1 for 16-18. Fort normally has to win 2 games just to get to districts. Southeast is normally 1 game to convo ( Districts) . I prefer to be Southeast typically it’s an easier route to regionals.

Gotta draw the line somewhere. Lol

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

1. Ironton
2. Gallia Academy
3. Jackson
4. Sheridan
5.Portsmouth
6.Wheelersburg
7.Unioto
8.New Lexington
9.Ft Frye
10.Trimble

Just don't think 9-10 beat those top 8 on the field even though they have nice resumes

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:36 am
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:02 am

Gotta draw the line somewhere. Lol
We’re def not in Eastern Ohio lol we’re right on West Virginia boarder.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Poo Bear wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:28 am
MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:05 am 1. Jackson
2. Ironton
3. GA
4. Fort Frye
5. Trimble
6. Unioto
7. Portsmouth
8. Valley
9. Southeastern
10. Paint Valley
Jackson is gaining traction but can’t put 4 quarters together. They must get a lot better to beat a Wheelersburg in 2 weeks. Zero chance they deserve the top spot.
Agree Poo.... I don't know what planet these Gallipolis people are are on but Wheelersburg would beat Jackson right now and they're not in even in his top 10 ? Even Athens at 0-3 right now would beat 3 of these teams easily. Some people just can't get by won-loss records. :lol:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:59 am We’re def not in Eastern Ohio lol we’re right on West Virginia boarder.
Yeah by common sense you are SEO. Fort Frye is more SEO than Ironton(area) and Chillicothe(area). Athens is the center of SEO but the district line is a few miles from Athens in Morgan.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:11 am
svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:44 pm
svac83 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:29 am If Ironton is 1 Gallia academy is not 6th
Well I think he has Ironton on top because he feels there that much improved over last year. This Gallia team is young and inexperienced. But I think this years Gallia team could take last years Gallia team after week 3. Will they continue to improve and be is good as Gallia was last year by week 8 I don’t know. But the team that played point Friday night was way better and farther along then the team that lost to Jackson last year week 3.

They just need snaps and experience.
Agree completely. The defense, especially. I was worried whenever Point ran their big fullback on the last drive. I thought: "well, darn....here we go again. Another smack us in the mouth drive to end the game."

But the defense stood tall and won the game. That's big time football there. Pencil GA in for a week 12 matchup, I'd wager.
Most on here have Gallipolis anywhere from 4th to 8th in SEO right now and that's in the ballpark. They were #2 seed last year points wise in their Region but Valley @ #7 proved that a 7-3 record in a better league is deceiving come playoff time. Be careful penciling in week 12 already !!!!! The LCL, MVL and OVAC schools are hard for SEO conference teams to beat come playoff time.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I have no idea where Gallia falls in top 10. But sometimes in the playoffs it is who you draw way more then your record or where you finish. I know very few people that knew licking valley that didn’t know blue devils were in for a long night. They would of had a better matchup as 4 or 5 seed.

You are right depending on your schedule and how your team devolps a lot of 7-3 teams as good as 9-1 teams go. I am not sure I would have Gallia in top 5. Because I am not sure Ironton is best team. If we are going by out and out best teams things would be a lot different. But the opening poster said with a winning record so my guess would be the top 10 would look vastly different in a few weeks.

I just think Gallia and Ironton very close. And all I said was Ironton and Gallia I don’t think have 5 teams between the to of them.

Return to “Football”