Unioto 41 Waverly 14

packers80
SE

Re: WK3 - Unioto (1-1) @ Waverly (2-0)

Post by packers80 »

No shocker. Waverly always struggles against physical teams.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Unioto 41 Waverly 14

Post by mattash »

Didn't see this score coming. Unioto 41 Waverly 14

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mlittle
SEOP

Re: WK3 - Unioto (1-1) @ Waverly (2-0)

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:12 pm Dang. I was very wrong.

Hopefully Shanks is ok.

Great win Unioto...maybe their best chance to lose and they dominate.
You’re still my dude

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

That play where he looked like he was getting sacked and flicked that ball to Carroll was nuts.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Biggest win for the Tanks in 5 years? Huge win

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:20 am That play where he looked like he was getting sacked and flicked that ball to Carroll was nuts.
Reminded me of watching mauk at Kenton great scramble and just mad a play out of nowhere. Jmar ran hard and when they had to focus so much to stop him iceman really made big plays

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:17 am Biggest win for the Tanks in 5 years? Huge win
Probably biggest ever beat team I’ve seen ya beat

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Seen us beat””

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:45 am
mlittle wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:20 am That play where he looked like he was getting sacked and flicked that ball to Carroll was nuts.
Reminded me of watching mauk at Kenton great scramble and just mad a play out of nowhere. Jmar ran hard and when they had to focus so much to stop him iceman really made big plays
Don’t know who that is but I’m guessing he was awesome. I watched it on film last night with him. He flicked that ball about 11 yards. Lol

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Any stats from the game?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Jmar had 90 yard and 60 rec 4 td
Ice had 150 passing 10-13 and 95 on the ground and a td pass

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Watch mauk on YouTube at Kenton if you want to see the best high school qb ever worth a look for any high school football fan

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Seemed like just about everything that could go wrong went wrong for Waverly. Some very untimely penalties just when it looked like we might be in position to take the lead in the 3rd quarter really hurt. And of course turnovers and a key injury.

Unioto played well. Waverly will look to regroup. Curious about the severity of the injuries.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:07 am Watch mauk on YouTube at Kenton if you want to see the best high school qb ever worth a look for any high school football fan
Best stats ever put up as a high schooler, his dad set it up that way for him to set records and his brother Matty did very well also.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:07 am Watch mauk on YouTube at Kenton if you want to see the best high school qb ever worth a look for any high school football fan
I’ll take the comparison then!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

And for everyone saying or gonna say “everything that could’ve went wrong for Waverly did” or “Waverly killed themselves with turnovers and penalties” just remember, our defense was the cause of that. Waverly didn’t hurt themselves, our defense did that. This defense earned every one of those penalties and turnovers. We’re turning teams over an average of 4 per game right now. This Unioto team is just better than Waverly and it showed last night. This is proof that you can’t just look at scores of common opponents and assume a team is better than another based of the outcomes of those games.

That being said. We’re obviously gonna be pulling for the Tigers the rest of the season.

I hope the Shanks kid is ok but more importantly I hope he’s not being pressured into playing injured. He didn’t look good in that game from the start and I don’t mean his play. Also wanted to mention that backup qb throws a nice ball. This Waverly team is gonna be fun to watch the next few seasons with all the youth they have.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Before you puff your chest out too far Waverly was
without their division 1 quarterback

You lost Carroll last year you understand the change
that makes.

Regardless still a solid win for the Tanks

Glad to see Carroll healthy, hope he gets signed where he wants

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I wasn’t aware the shanks kid committed to a D1 school already. Figured that would be bigger news. Yes, losing that kid hurt but it wouldn’t have made up the difference. We dominated every aspect of this game from beginning to end. Period

Shoedaddy
Freshman Team

Post by Shoedaddy »

Team that made the fewest mistakes won the game. Team that dominated the line of scrimmage won the game. Team that made the most plays won the game. Not sure all the TOS were earned but they were presented and the Tanks took advantage. Hard to say a fumble as a kids knee buckled is earned. Horrible ball security where a TE carries it like a loaf of bread and a fade thrown into triple coverage. Again, Unioto took advantage of all their opportunities. the two plays of the game came back to back, Little scramble toss to Carroll and then Waverly humping offside (Waverly has to average doing this twice a game). Waverly had taken momentum and likely would have taken the lead. Dropping a pass for a first and goal that likely would have put the Tigers up 7-0 hurt too. Big win for the Tanks. Hopefully the Tigers make adjustments built don’t panic.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Shoedaddy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:19 am Team that made the fewest mistakes won the game. Team that dominated the line of scrimmage won the game. Team that made the most plays won the game. Not sure all the TOS were earned but they were presented and the Tanks took advantage. Hard to say a fumble as a kids knee buckled is earned. Horrible ball security where a TE carries it like a loaf of bread and a fade thrown into triple coverage. Again, Unioto took advantage of all their opportunities. the two plays of the game came back to back, Little scramble toss to Carroll and then Waverly humping offside (Waverly has to average doing this twice a game). Waverly had taken momentum and likely would have taken the lead. Dropping a pass for a first and goal that likely would have put the Tigers up 7-0 hurt too. Big win for the Tanks. Hopefully the Tigers make adjustments built don’t panic.
Yea I forgot about that first fumble. That play was hard to watch as a parent, even from the opposing side. Hate that for any kid.

Return to “Football”