Greenup County (KY) 27 - 45 Minford

greygoose
SEOPS

Re: WK3 Minford @ Greenup County (KY)

Post by greygoose »

Crab's Brother wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:10 pm
MClaw wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am
greygoose wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Oh hush, guy said D-1 QB with offer. I wasn't turning anything into something I was curious because I know schools are after him in baseball but hadn't heard football. Kids a great 3 sport athlete.
*cough* 2 sport
He's given up hoops?
My thoughts exactly kid is a really good basketball player also, doubting he gave basketball up.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14U wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:25 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:44 pm

No one ever said he has offers as a QB lol stop trying to turn nothing into something. He is a D-1 athlete with Big schools looking at him to play outfield at the next level.
Oh hush, guy said D-1 QB with offer. I wasn't turning anything into something I was curious because I know schools are after him in baseball but hadn't heard football. Kids a great 3 sport athlete.
Thanks, I was trying to figure that one out, it's all good now. Can't wait for this one should be a dandy but hearing falcons have a bit more athletes to expose greenup defense.
Hey goose here is what I was going on from another member! I didn’t start the D-I QB thing, just ask if it’s true by asking who was offering him. So me and u got caught up into Minford fans talking.

vladimir
All State
Post Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:31 pm

mattash wrote: ↑
Thoughts?

Greenup County has a D1 QB
Minford also has a D1-prospect at QB.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

MClaw wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:45 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:44 pm

No one ever said he has offers as a QB lol stop trying to turn nothing into something. He is a D-1 athlete with Big schools looking at him to play outfield at the next level.
*cough* 2 sport
He stop playing basketball??

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

So how bad are Kentucky Refs because I’ve heard horror stories?

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:02 pm So how bad are Kentucky Refs because I’ve heard horror stories?
Different places different styles, etc some times it can get a little interesting but I’ve seen good officials in the bluegrass, granted all my experience is basketball but still.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

knowledge wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 pm
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:02 pm So how bad are Kentucky Refs because I’ve heard horror stories?
Different places different styles, etc some times it can get a little interesting but I’ve seen good officials in the bluegrass, granted all my experience is basketball but still.
I figured as much. I was curious because people keep telling me be ready for them but doesn’t really matter have to still play the game no matter what happens.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

It’s a different ref style across the River! I played in the 80’s and played against 4 teams that was in our conference and the home team TD favorite is right or better in Ky. I seen a few games last few years and it’s got alittle better but that’s against two ky teams . If Minford is as good as you say, no problems those little yellow things won’t hurt you.
Last edited by 14U on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm

Hey goose here is what I was going on from another member! I didn’t start the D-I QB thing, just ask if it’s true by asking who was offering him. So me and u got caught up into Minford fans talking.

vladimir
All State

Thoughts?

It all comes down to reading, comprehension, and making assumptions folks. You know what the old saying is about assuming, right?

I said, "Minford also has a D1-prospect at QB ." I didn't say the young man is a D1 QB-prospect, nor did I say in what sport. Just only saying Minford's QB is a D1 level athlete.

To rewrite the post in a more elementary fashion: Lewis is a D1 prospect IN baseball, who just so happens to be playing the QB position for Minford. Nevertheless, the young man is a D1 level prospect, and it doesn't really matter in what sport, only he is athletic enough to make it to the next level.
We will see!! Yes he is good but ur fighting many others that are equal or better. I see him going small and not far from home unless his parents move with him. They are a real close family not has never been apart. I could be wrong and hope I am for this area that gets not very many D-I offers.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

:evil: i
14U wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:03 am
vladimir wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm

vladimir
All State

Thoughts?

It all comes down to reading, comprehension, and making assumptions folks. You know what the old saying is about assuming, right?

I said, "Minford also has a D1-prospect at QB ." I didn't say the young man is a D1 QB-prospect, nor did I say in what sport. Just only saying Minford's QB is a D1 level athlete.

To rewrite the post in a more elementary fashion: Lewis is a D1 prospect IN baseball, who just so happens to be playing the QB position for Minford. Nevertheless, the young man is a D1 level prospect, and it doesn't really matter in what sport, only he is athletic enough to make it to the next level.
We will see!! Yes he is good but ur fighting many others that are equal or better. I see him going small and not far from home unless his parents move with him. They are a real close family not has never been apart. I could be wrong and hope I am for this area that gets not very many D-I offers.
Elementary but you want my money for ur turf field, lol easy answers when you have people like you.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

:mrgreen: :roll: ^WTF?!?!?! ROFL! I've never asked you for one red cent for a "turf field"and, I have no idea what you're talking about lol! However, I do wish the best of luck to ya!

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

14U wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:57 am
It’s a different ref style across the River! I played in the 80’s and played against 4 teams that was in our conference and the home team TD favorite is right or better in Ky. I seen a few games last few years and it’s got alittle better but that’s against two ky teams . If Minford is as good as you say, no problems those little yellow things won’t hurt you.
I haven’t predicted one thing for minford this year.

I-Have-No-Life
Waterboy

Post by I-Have-No-Life »

Hey there boys! This here game's gonna be a good one now! Them green boys say they're good and I have heard they've been talking a lot of trash to them MIGHTY MINFORD FALCONS. I'm gonna have to take Minford on this one fellas they just got an all around better program y'all :)

Minford 49-35

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

I just wanted to make the Minford boys aware that all Kentucky media outlets are picking Greenup by multiple scores. Go Falcons!

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Minford 17
Greenup 14

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Lightning delay, still 2nd quarter

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

update?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Redball
Riding the Bench

Post by Redball »

Minford 31
Greenup 27
Start of 4th

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Redball wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 pm Minford 31
Greenup 27
Start of 4th
Any updates?

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

14U wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:33 pm
Redball wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:13 pm Minford 31
Greenup 27
Start of 4th
Any updates?
Minford 45-27 under a minute.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

I think they're still playing. After the Burg game, I/we (Y'all) should have crossed the bridge and caught the second half.
Last edited by vladimir on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian

Return to “Football”