Wheelersburg 34 Ashland 33

FIDO
S

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by FIDO »

Even though there are some arrogant and obnoxious Pirate fans on this site, it would be foolish for any team to underestimate a Pirate coached team. Best luck to the Pirates this week.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

fbnut wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 pm Would like to see more of a passing game with short passes in the middle. Who is the Burg TE? Need to get him involved.

Liked how well the Swords kid ran as well as the Sanderlin kid. Maybe put him in the backfield for some reps or start him at QB. He ran strong when he was in there. His one pass was right on target on a crossing pattern. I believe it would have been a catch had not the defender ran into him. PI was called but it was still a nice thrown ball.
Masters has shown me he can play qb
How about Sanderlin at rb?

I like the possibility of Sanderlin in the backfield. He runs very hard and could open up for some halfback passes.

Also, would like to see Payton maybe get some balls thrown his way. Bubble screens or send him on the fly. Kid has very good speed.

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:12 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:53 pm Would like to see more of a passing game with short passes in the middle. Who is the Burg TE? Need to get him involved.

Liked how well the Swords kid ran as well as the Sanderlin kid. Maybe put him in the backfield for some reps or start him at QB. He ran strong when he was in there. His one pass was right on target on a crossing pattern. I believe it would have been a catch had not the defender ran into him. PI was called but it was still a nice thrown ball.

I like the possibility of Sanderlin in the backfield. He runs very hard and could open up for some halfback passes.

Also, would like to see Payton maybe get some balls thrown his way. Bubble screens or send him on the fly. Kid has very good speed.
He drops quite a few balls. He has small hands. His speed is 4.75. I think he’s more shifty than fast.
I’m not disputing someone needs footballs thrown their way, whether it’s #2 or whomever. It will help open things up a bit if he can get some thrown his way....

#RespectTheW #reachHigher #PowerOfOne
“ I regret nothing, ever! “
“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Burg4 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:52 am Burg rebounds this week. Home field advantage. Burg by 10
a bad burg team can swing a 3-0 tomcats into a 10 pt win? thats a home field advantage you may want to keep under wraps..... lol!!

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ashland is a strong team that has been building it's program over the past several years.
The Burg is down a bit and have injuries but can't be discounted at anytime.
I believe Ashland will win but will they blow the Burg out no.
I would like to see a Burg win for southern Ohio and for their confidence they still have a good schedule ahead of them Minford , Waverly , even west and valley will be waiting and be up for the Burg
As for the comments Kentucky teams are weaker than Ohio teams tell that to the Cincinnati teams that get beat by those weak Kentucky teams.
Let's hope for a good safe game and may both teams come out healthy

Sitting watching the sun set over the dessert.
KY.BUCKEYE
Freshman Team

Post by KY.BUCKEYE »

522Pirate wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:05 pm Ashland O line is good size...looks like they run everything...saw Wing T, spread, twins
I agree with you there. Both backs can break loose and take it to the house at anytime because of their line and there experience. Not a lot of 2way players!! Good luck to all the teams tonight and definitely stay hydrated.

G0 BuCKs
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 pm

He drops quite a few balls. He has small hands. His speed is 4.75. I think he’s more shifty than fast.
I’m not disputing someone needs footballs thrown their way, whether it’s #2 or whomever. It will help open things up a bit if he can get some thrown his way....
Usually I wouldn't say anything, but that doesn't do too much for that young man's confidence saying, "He drops quite a few balls. He has small hands." I hope he catches a 40-yard bomb for a TD tonight, just to prove you wrong.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

eagle one wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:44 am
Burg4 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:52 am Burg rebounds this week. Home field advantage. Burg by 10
a bad burg team can swing a 3-0 tomcats into a 10 pt win? thats a home field advantage you may want to keep under wraps..... lol!!
When you play Wheelersburg, you play the whole town. Gets a birds eye view eagle one cause The Pirates will be righting the ship tonight.

GO BURG!!!

Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:17 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 pm

Usually I wouldn't say anything, but that doesn't do too much for that young man's confidence saying, "He drops quite a few balls. He has small hands." I hope he catches a 40-yard bomb for a TD tonight, just to prove you wrong.
I’ll say this. His confidence is not in question. And I hope he catches a 40 yard Bomb as well, read the last sentence “It will help open things up a bit if he can get some thrown his way....”

Don’t jump to conclusions before you know the situation.!

“The problem isn’t the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem.”
vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Well way too many pronouns, BUT just hope he doesn't drop "them passes" to open things up, b/c of his small hands, right? No need to point out the faults and bash teenagers.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Jack Sparrow
Varsity

Post by Jack Sparrow »

vladimir wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:11 pm Well way too many pronouns, BUT just hope he doesn't drop "them passes" to open things up, b/c of his small hands, right? No need to point out the faults and bash teenagers.
Vlad
Not bashing or pointing out faults. Just stating the facts. I hope you have a great Friday.....

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^You also have a great Friday, and good luck tonight against them TomKittens!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Scoreboard delayed game at start. Bad sign ?

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Ashland 13
Wheelersburg 7

6:39. 2nd

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

Absolute terrible call. Burg kid definitely touched the ball on a punt, took away an Ashland score and 2 plays later burg turns it into 6.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

14-13 Wheelersburg. Half

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

go Burg

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

It is confirmed that if you touch the ball on a punt it is a fumble if you wear orange.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

21-13 Pirates. Early 3rd.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Ashland’s main back is out for entire game. That’s what the announcers said.
Sounds like burg is doing better!

Was just confirming. The mytown broadcasting fee that is doing the Ironton games on live video via FB, said Ashland was without main offensive back.

Not sure if this is true. Just curious.
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”