Wheelersburg 34 Ashland 33

burgfella69
JV Team

Re: WK3 Ashland (KY) @ Wheelersburg

Post by burgfella69 »

Burg can bounce back but it's gonna take guys to step up and play better than they have the past two weeks. The Hartley game felt like a scrimmage, no atmosphere whatsoever. Burg needs to get their swagger back this week

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:06 pm I’m not buying that Wheelersburg is that down. Burg wins by 14 and probably wins out.
You're right. They are not down. They are EXACTLY who they are. 0 - 3 going into week 4.

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

XandO72 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:10 am
Poo Bear wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:06 pm I’m not buying that Wheelersburg is that down. Burg wins by 14 and probably wins out.
You're right. They are not down. They are EXACTLY who they are. 0 - 3 going into week 4.
Fascinating! 😘

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

Burg coaches will do the right thing with respect to injured players. It’s ridiculous to think otherwise.
They’re good @ what they do.

I wish nothing but the best for the burg.

Good luck. Stay healthy. March on.

Tripaces
Freshman Team

Post by Tripaces »

Not sold on Ashland yet , the combined record of the teams they have played is 1-7 I guess we will find out Friday night

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Coin flip on this game.

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Larry Fine wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:32 pm
Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:49 pm
522Pirate wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:43 pm And I understand that...but it is what it is...they were on the schedule so we gotta play them. I think it’s important to learn something from it...even if it is not to schedule up that much lol
Agreed 522
I think they learned from that situation. They learned that they can give up 30-50 pounds and still compete. Look at our nose tackle, free (#10), corners 13 and 3, and even #20. They weren’t intimidated. They competed
Hartley called dogs off after 1st quarter . This game could’ve been 100-0. Please.
LOL Hartley had their Dogs in the whole first half , however I agree it still could've been 100 -0

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

Tripaces wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:37 pm Not sold on Ashland yet , the combined record of the teams they have played is 1-7 I guess we will find out Friday night
Correction you will find out in a couple of weeks in Ashland

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT XO, YOU JUST HAIN'T.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:27 pm
You’re pretty special yourself, bait....

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

🎼just a good ol boy, he ain't doin' no harm🎤

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Crab's Brother wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 pm
14U wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:31 pm Injury will come when u play a big physical Ironton team and 4 straight D-III teams. There is nobody in D-V that will play a schedule like this. Burg will play anybody and schedule anybody. It will make Burg better at the end and it will show. Each win gets mega points and pass the schools that play nobody. I believe burg will turn their season around this week with a win. Just think burg could play nobodies for non league games but wants the fun in that? Starters out at half running clock and no computer points. I would rather play their schedule they have and get better, mega points etc!!
Beating a 4-6 team still gets more points than a loss.

If Burg loses this week, they better start pulling for the rest of their schedule to start piling up wins or they may need help at 7-3.
Yep ur right. If u play up don’t play powerhouses lol. It’s hard for burg to find games I was told. If u play Up like the Ky schools or WV like they used to and Ironton, Portsmouth back in the day. If burg can get the next 2 schools they will be ok in the points before SOC starts. There will be points to get in league, waverly, Minford,valley.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Wheelersburg should win this game. Huge difference between the physicality of Kentucky football and Ohio football. That in itself should be enough to push Wheelersburg passed Ashland. I have to believe some of the banged up players will be pushed to play this week. A win this week will push the Pirates to an 8-2 record.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BurgGrad6 wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:55 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:27 pm

You’re pretty special yourself, bait....
thank you my friend, I try.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Burg wins out. Friday at home too much for Ashland. Going with Burg Friday by 10.

GO BURG!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:51 pm Wheelersburg should win this game. Huge difference between the physicality of Kentucky football and Ohio football. That in itself should be enough to push Wheelersburg passed Ashland. I have to believe some of the banged up players will be pushed to play this week. A win this week will push the Pirates to an 8-2 record.
I hope ya'll do win, then hopefully we can come right behind you and upset them as well.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

don't underestimate these cat's though. they are some kinda tough and have a boatload of state titles to prove it.

JeepsWin
Waterboy

Post by JeepsWin »

Wheelersburg did not look strong Friday night. Lots of players injured. Looking at schedule, I wouldn't be surprised with a 5-5 season.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:57 pm
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:51 pm Wheelersburg should win this game. Huge difference between the physicality of Kentucky football and Ohio football. That in itself should be enough to push Wheelersburg passed Ashland. I have to believe some of the banged up players will be pushed to play this week. A win this week will push the Pirates to an 8-2 record.
I hope ya'll do win, then hopefully we can come right behind you and upset them as well.
I wouldn’t consider it an upset if Wheelersburg wins. I think they should win at home. Ashland will have to be 2 touchdowns better than them and they definitely are not.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

The pound of flesh group has definitely added to the post total

No clue who wins this one.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Football”