Unioto 41 Waverly 14

smurray
SEOPS HO

Unioto 41 Waverly 14

Post by smurray »

A game that has been circled on the calendar. Waverly averaging 39.5 points per game through two games with a gutty come from behind win over a very good athletic Athens team week one.
Unioto offense yet to get on track, squeaking out a 14-13 win over Vinton County and losing to a very good Amanda team.

Tigers a little banged up last night, hopefully get them healed up.

Thoughts, keys, etc.?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Re: Week 3 - Unioto (1-1) at Waverly (2-0)

Post by Poo Bear »

Waverly 35-7

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Waverly rolls again

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Waverly needs work on missed tackles on D and shore up that O line. Take away the penalties and missed tackles last night and the D looked good, forcing 2 fumbles and 1 Int. The O couldn’t capitalize on 4 trips to the Red Zone because the O line couldn’t hold their blocks. Fix those problems and Waverly will continue to win. If not Unioto will capitalize on the opportunity. This being a young Waverly team, I think they will continue to learn and get better week after week. Waverly wins this one, but it will be closer than they would like for it to be.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Unioto has to get their offense going. Whether it’s the execution, the play calling, the fact that we’ve played a couple pretty good defenses or a combination of all, but 14 pts a game isn’t gonna get you to the promised land in many games.

I’m gonna go ahead and point out the obvious here, we have to contain Shoe. If he runs for 200 yards against us it’s gonna be a long night. I don’t think it’s a big secret on our side of the ball either. Stop Little stop Carroll.

Our defense has been solid so far. I think a lot of people are gonna look at the Amanda score and assume Waverly will beat us by 2-3 scores but that game was 17-14 with 7-8 minutes left in the 4th. I’m gonna save my predictions for later in the week but this should be a fun game for both sides and one I’ve been looking forward to for a while.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m rooting for the SVC here but will be an uphill battle with the offensive issues for Unioto. Hopefully Waverly’s defense is the answer for Unioto’s offense.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree with OldTiger. Waverly has to sure up the Defense and O-line must get better.
4 or 5 sophomores and a freshman on D so they will learn and get better, just a matter of how much better how quick.
O-line is very very young as well. One returning starter, no seniors, a freshman and 2 sophomores so they too will get better.
How much will they improve in one week.
One of only a couple seniors on D, need to see how Swepston is. Not sure of the extent of his injury.

Mlittle, Southeastern shredded VC for 35 points. I know Ruby is special but that’s not a very good defense. I naturally wasn’t there and didn’t listen to it so I don’t know how it all played out, but it’s still 35-0....
I’m not saying that has anything to do with our upcoming game, just pointing out that can’t be a great defense.

Diener is one not mentioned enough. 7 for 7 PAT’s last night, 5 kickoffs for Touchbacks last night, 30 yd FG last week and every kick into the end zone for touchbacks is huge. When your opponent starts their drives at the 20 instead of the 35 or better is a great advantage.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:30 pm I agree with OldTiger. Waverly has to sure up the Defense and O-line must get better.
4 or 5 sophomores and a freshman on D so they will learn and get better, just a matter of how much better how quick.
O-line is very very young as well. One returning starter, no seniors, a freshman and 2 sophomores so they too will get better.
How much will they improve in one week.
One of only a couple seniors on D, need to see how Swepston is. Not sure of the extent of his injury.

Mlittle, Southeastern shredded VC for 35 points. I know Ruby is special but that’s not a very good defense. I naturally wasn’t there and didn’t listen to it so I don’t know how it all played out, but it’s still 35-0....
I’m not saying that has anything to do with our upcoming game, just pointing out that can’t be a great defense.

Diener is one not mentioned enough. 7 for 7 PAT’s last night, 5 kickoffs for Touchbacks last night, 30 yd FG last week and every kick into the end zone for touchbacks is huge. When your opponent starts their drives at the 20 instead of the 35 or better is a great advantage.
I get it Murray, I was blown away when I heard that score as well. Not sure what to make of it honestly. Maybe they just struggled with the wing offense or maybe it was just Ruby being Ruby. I know Amanda is talented with athletes all over the field and if it wasn’t for a 56 yard touchdown run on the first drive they’re staring down a 7 piece late in the 4th. Styles make fights so it’s really hard to compare scores to games of same opponents and make sense of it but I absolutely see where you are coming from.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Waverly rolls.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

In my time fallowing the tanks bout 10 years they have never beat a good team. Imo waverly is better than Amanda. Hope we can make it a game if not hopefully we stay healthy.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:12 pm In my time fallowing the tanks bout 10 years they have never beat a good team. Imo waverly is better than Amanda. Hope we can make it a game if not hopefully we stay healthy.
So Harsh. Lol

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

It’s a sad truth. Even league teams like paint valley and zt have been bad when we beat them. Best win I’ve seen is vs piketon in 2016 when edler had the run to put us in the playoffs. And that was a better than average svc team not a waverly level team.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

34-7 Waverly.

Listened to the Amanda/Unioto game on the radio and it doesn’t sound like Unioto can handle pressure up front and also sounds like their offense consists of hiking the ball to the qb And him throwing it or running it. Shouldn’t be that hard for Waverly to stop. If they get pressure on him it could be a running clock.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Tigers @ home by 3 td's.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:43 pm It’s a sad truth. Even league teams like paint valley and zt have been bad when we beat them. Best win I’ve seen is vs piketon in 2016 when edler had the run to put us in the playoffs. And that was a better than average svc team not a waverly level team.
Well if we don’t beat any good teams this year we’ll be 5-5 because the top half of the league is really good. I think we’re better than that

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Thought I saw that Amanda had 3 turnovers in the first half, why couldn't Unioto capitalize?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

MasterOfNone wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:06 pm Thought I saw that Amanda had 3 turnovers in the first half, why couldn't Unioto capitalize?
We did on one. I believe we turned it over a few times as well. I think there were 8-9 turnovers combined in this one.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Waverly in this one.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

We’ll need to see the injury report/update on Thursday before ever making any kind of prediction. Waverly is way too young to be predicting a blow out in this one - and Unioto is better than that. DON’T LISTEN TO IT TIGERS - PREPARE AND FOCUS THIS WEEK.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:18 pm We’ll need to see the injury report/update on Thursday before ever making any kind of prediction. Waverly is way too young to be predicting a blow out in this one - and Unioto is better than that. DON’T LISTEN TO IT TIGERS - PREPARE AND FOCUS THIS WEEK.
I dunno 🤷‍♂️ sounds like an easy one in Tiger town this Friday. Lol

Return to “Football”