Your Least Favorite HS Venue

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Your Least Favorite HS Venue

Post by scott1297 »

Definitely not a fan of any stadium with a track around it!

Burg grad 85
eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Matt77 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:19 pm Fairland. That place is just about terrible all around. Seating, lighting, and the field itself. Also for future reference to visitors. A fairland fan told me last year, if it’s not pizza. Don’t eat out of the concession stand. They have a mice problem that doesn’t get taken care of. Best thing they can do is bulldoze everything and start over lol.
worst field i ever saw bar none

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

Game day wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 am
BigChuck wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm What's the worst HS venue for you to watch a game at? Why?

Mine is Ironton, terrible visiting seating and a very annoying announcer. And the food at that dairy bar across the street sucks!
Must have not been to a lot of stadiums. If Ironton is at the top of your list.
give the shake shoppe another shot under new management

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Swore I'd never go back to Caldwell. Or in layman's terms, Noble County Fairgrounds.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

1. Fairland - needs a lot of work
2. Wheelersburg- lack of Visitor seating, unless you like
sitting on a hillside.
3. West, as said above, to far away from the field.
4. Gallia Academy- I just about drowned on that field my
Freshman year lol.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

(Baltimore) Liberty Union is absolutely atrocious. This district is 25 minutes from Columbus, has a pitiful looking arena, a field that floods after six weeks and... get this, an aura that smells like pure s*** because of the nearby paper fining plant!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Fairland. No question.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
12gauge
Freshman Team

Post by 12gauge »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:31 pm 1. Fairland - needs a lot of work
2. Wheelersburg- lack of Visitor seating, unless you like
sitting on a hillside.
3. West, as said above, to far away from the field.
4. Gallia Academy- I just about drowned on that field my
Freshman year lol.
Pretty much spot on

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 pm BELFRY, KY
I had just moved back to Ironton after 8 years in Kalamazoo for school/work & I was excited for a road trip tiger game.
I should’ve realized there was a reason no one wanted to go when I had offered the transportation, complimentary snacks, party favors, Free Food etc, & no one took a bite.

I had the pleasure of:

1.Parking in the middle of a strange road with other Tiger Fans. We all kinda followed one another blindly, like:”WT—“ & where will this lead us”?

2. Sat on a busted cement slab that may have once been the foundation for bleachers, a building, or an entrance to a tunnel. All to enjoy the game. I think my butt print is still there!

3. Walking back to my car all by my lonesome as dozens of pairs of eyes 👀 followed me back to my car in the moonlight, after a solid thumping by the Fighting Tigers.
I was still under 30, so they didn’t dare! But, I was Ready for come what may. I Still don’t know where those tiger fans I walked into the game with went to! Lol!!

I always loved going to Portsmouth and sitting on the home side back in the day. I loved that old stadium.
Blazer and Burg are not fun visiting stands to sit in either. However, it’s been 20-years for any mentioned, so they all could be better by now.

you need to read ol baits story from his trip there

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

Prep Expert wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:43 am Every stadium in Gallia County are absolutely horrible. No excuse for football still being played at memorial field with the wealth that exists in Gallipolis and Gallia County. As far as River Valley and South Gallia you can thank the administration and the board for building such poor stadiums. They cut every corner they could to build such cheap fields and facilities.
That is so laughable, I don't know where you are from, but there is no wealth in Gallia County any more, if there ever was any. Holzer and Electrocraft barely stay afloat, and the plants don't pay into the schools like they used to.
GA has played at Memorial Field since before my grandparents time and back in the day it was a nice place to play on, when the AD kept it watered and mowed properly. Now they want a new field so bad that they just complain about it.
RV and SG, both being in the same district, have to share whatever money they get since they didn't combine and make 1 central hs when the had the chance.They aren't bad stadiums, a bit small, but at least they are at the school, unlike GA. :D

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm
I had just moved back to Ironton after 8 years in Kalamazoo for school/work & I was excited for a road trip tiger game.
I should’ve realized there was a reason no one wanted to go when I had offered the transportation, complimentary snacks, party favors, Free Food etc, & no one took a bite.

I had the pleasure of:

1.Parking in the middle of a strange road with other Tiger Fans. We all kinda followed one another blindly, like:”WT—“ & where will this lead us”?

2. Sat on a busted cement slab that may have once been the foundation for bleachers, a building, or an entrance to a tunnel. All to enjoy the game. I think my butt print is still there!

3. Walking back to my car all by my lonesome as dozens of pairs of eyes 👀 followed me back to my car in the moonlight, after a solid thumping by the Fighting Tigers.
I was still under 30, so they didn’t dare! But, I was Ready for come what may. I Still don’t know where those tiger fans I walked into the game with went to! Lol!!

I always loved going to Portsmouth and sitting on the home side back in the day. I loved that old stadium.
Blazer and Burg are not fun visiting stands to sit in either. However, it’s been 20-years for any mentioned, so they all could be better by now.

county I know this poster very well. we lived in the same hood. he ain't lyin. it was eerie as heck. and to get to your car you had to walk through this gauntlet of pirate fans. or to the bathroom for that matter. it was like a sidewalk with handrails. rubbing against every person you passed. it was intimidating.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:24 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:53 pm

I had the pleasure of:

county I know this poster very well. we lived in the same hood. he ain't lyin. it was eerie as heck. and to get to your car you had to walk through this gauntlet of pirate fans. or to the bathroom for that matter. it was like a sidewalk with handrails. rubbing against every person you passed. it was intimidating.

thats classic.......when I read his post there was no doubt in my mind that you two had to be cut from the same cloth!!!! LOL....it made your story even better to me and all I could thnk about was you and those temporary plates from Dan Hall Cheverolet!!!!! great stories men

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

Gallipolis plays in a sewer pit.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

BigBen wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:11 pm Gallipolis plays in a sewer pit.
Not a nice narrative.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

football was meant to be played on grass, not the fake stuff, everytime your neighbor buys something do you go get the same thing. GA athletic department is self sufficient.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

1. Fairland
2. West

BeatOfTheSEOhio
Waterboy

Post by BeatOfTheSEOhio »

I haven't visited or seen any pictures since the grant was received, but Spartan Stadium could be a candidate. Nostalgia aside, it felt second-rate to watch a game at the stadium in recent years.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

91blue14 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:12 pm
football was meant to be played on grass, not the fake stuff, everytime your neighbor buys something do you go get the same thing. GA athletic department is self sufficient.
None of that changes the fact that it’s a sewer pit. From what I understand, you have a track and field in place. In fact, I’ve been there and seen it. All you need is to move your metal bleachers and then raise some money for concession stands and locker rooms. Not ideal, but better than the current situation in town.

BigBen
Waterboy

Post by BigBen »

91blue14 wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:12 pm
Seriously, are you trying to tell everyone that you wouldn’t prefer a nice turf field?
And what does an athletic department being self sufficient have to do with anything? I don’t know many programs that aren’t.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I wanna add Morgan to the list that place sucks.

Return to “Football”