2019 Girls Soccer Predictions?

NewFace
Waterboy

2019 Girls Soccer Predictions?

Post by NewFace »

I know its a bit early..........what are the thoughts and picks for this season?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: 2019 Girls Soccer Predictions?

Post by 4thgoal »

From what I have seen/heard, I think FU and Chillicothe will be at or near the top of the D2 teams in the area. LC and Alexander should be good in D3, but both lost quite a bit to graduation. North Adams could be a surprise team in D3. The tournament in D3 will be tougher with only 1 team advancing to regionals this year.

Soccerfan1
Freshman Team

Post by Soccerfan1 »

I think that the Rosecrans Lady Bishops and the Hiland Lady Hawks will be the top 2 in the EAST DISTRICT (rematch of the last two district title games).... They play Sept 2 in the Labor Day Showcase at RIVER VIEW HS.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Soccerfan1 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:42 am I think that the Rosecrans Lady Bishops and the Hiland Lady Hawks will be the top 2 in the EAST DISTRICT (rematch of the last two district title games).... They play Sept 2 in the Labor Day Showcase at RIVER VIEW HS.
Always two names you see late in the brackets

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

We're getting closer and closer to halfway point of season.

Whats everyone's thoughts on the season so far. Any surprises? Any new contenders?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I don't mean to be a downer here, but.... there is no way that Piketon has 3 games and 85 saves.... I'd be curious to see what is being considered a save here...

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I was doing some digging at the ohsaa enrollment numbers, for a team out of dayton, and then I just got lost in it and started looking around.

Ironton St Joe's is the smallest D3 school in the state for girls soccer, by 29 girls... they only have 13 girls, yet field a soccer team?? That is awesome!

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

Two things that are problems. Many coaches are still not posting their schedules or results to the OSSCA website. As a state poll voter, it is frustrating to look at a school's schedule and find it incomplete or not updated. If you as a coach can't or don't want to do it, find someone who will. Secondly, strengthen your non league schedule. Your players will be better prepared for the tournament. Better to be ready for what you might face in the tournament than embarrassed in the 2nd tournament game.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

old_horse wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:09 pm Two things that are problems. Many coaches are still not posting their schedules or results to the OSSCA website. As a state poll voter, it is frustrating to look at a school's schedule and find it incomplete or not updated. If you as a coach can't or don't want to do it, find someone who will. Secondly, strengthen your non league schedule. Your players will be better prepared for the tournament. Better to be ready for what you might face in the tournament than embarrassed in the 2nd tournament game.
AMEN!!! I believe you should be ineligible for the poll if you aren't loading your scores. Unioto has been a top program in the district the last few years and doesn't ever use the site. So frustrating to see coaches not use the site. It's an incredible tool come tourney seeding time too. Your opponents adjusted record says a lot.. but for some it only says so much because they dont load their schedule.
You're probably a better man than me because I'd flat out not vote for you in an OSSCA poll if you aren't willing to use it.

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

What is even harder is looking at a team with a very good win total against weak teams. Looks great with not much substance.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Falcon01 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:03 pm I was doing some digging at the ohsaa enrollment numbers, for a team out of dayton, and then I just got lost in it and started looking around.

Ironton St Joe's is the smallest D3 school in the state for girls soccer, by 29 girls... they only have 13 girls, yet field a soccer team?? That is awesome!
It is awesome. Way to represent ladies.

Return to “Soccer”