First look at the Trimble Tomcats: Scrimmage report

moorelukas
Riding the Bench

First look at the Trimble Tomcats: Scrimmage report

Post by moorelukas »

Lukas Moore --

Phil Faires will be coaching his 26th Trimble football team in the 2019 season. It has been an accomplishment filled 25 years, three regional titles, two state championship appearances, and an utter domination of the TVC-Hocking in most seasons. Faires has adjusted schemes and strategies to fit his players over the years to ensure no Trimble team is a carbon copy of another. From the wishbone to spread, run heavy to pass heavy, the Tomcats have evolved constantly.

There has been one constant in the Faires era. Trimble will hit and hit hard on every play. They'll play with a ferociousness and physicality that's hard to find in the game of football these days. It's old-school how intensely the kids from Glouster swarm the football and annihilate ball carriers and blockers. They wear down most opponents by continuously hitting them, even if they aren't bigger than their opponent, they'll certainly be tougher.

This was on full display in their Monday scrimmage against the Chesapeake Panthers. It wasn't even 25 plays before Chesapeake looked tired of getting hit. The Panthers are a division five school that is 9-11 over their last two seasons. Trimble had its first live look, against solid competition, to see if their team has a chance to meet the lofty expectations that come with returning nearly everybody from a team that played in Canton.

What we already knew...
---
Full Article: https://www.wathsportsfan.com/sportsfan ... le-tomcats

mattash
Site Admin

Re: First look at the Trimble Tomcats: Scrimmage report

Post by mattash »

Great program

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

tomcat82looks like mr Lukas was doing something besides talking to keegan wilburn great article sure didn't show no disrespect to the tomcats :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

fireball wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:18 pm tomcat82looks like mr Lukas was doing something besides talking to keegan wilburn great article sure didn't show no disrespect to the tomcats :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I think he is making up for not paying attention. LOL It is not hard to put some stats in there from last year to this year. It was a great article. In my opinion and there were others complaining as well that he should have watched the scrimmage and not put all his interest in another player from another team. If he wanted to watch him he has a scrimmage I am sure coming up that he can talk,visit, interview or whatever. Again great article and I am entitled to my opinion.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

I'd bet the QB controversy is far from over. Phil will play whoever has the best chance of helping him win and from what I saw they're going to need to throw the ball. As for Moore Lukeass talking to Keegan, why wouldn't he want to talk with the best player in the stadium? :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm I'd bet the QB controversy is far from over. Phil will play whoever has the best chance of helping him win and from what I saw they're going to need to throw the ball. As for Moore Lukeass talking to Keegan, why wouldn't he want to talk with the best player in the stadium? :mrgreen:
I cannot agree with you that he was the best player in the stadium. I will agree he is one of the best players to excel from NY. I also agree with you on the QB controversy far from over. I would love nothing to see NY and Trimble both win the TVC and go deep in the playoff's. :)

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:30 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:05 pm I'd bet the QB controversy is far from over. Phil will play whoever has the best chance of helping him win and from what I saw they're going to need to throw the ball. As for Moore Lukeass talking to Keegan, why wouldn't he want to talk with the best player in the stadium? :mrgreen:
I cannot agree with you that he was the best player in the stadium. I will agree he is one of the best players to excel from NY. I also agree with you on the QB controversy far from over. I would love nothing to see NY and Trimble both win the TVC and go deep in the playoff's. :)
Only one I know of who was there and has a D1 offer in his hip pocket. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Long knocker
Waterboy

Post by Long knocker »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:48 pm
Only one I know of who was there and has a D1 offer in his hip pocket. :mrgreen:
One would think a D1 athlete would rush for over 100 yards on a D6 high school defense. Probably won’t tho 🤷🏻‍♂️

ShooterMcgavin
Freshman Team

Post by ShooterMcgavin »

Long knocker wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:18 pm

One would think a D1 athlete would rush for over 100 yards on a D6 high school defense. Probably won’t tho 🤷🏻‍♂️
That same defense held him to under 50 yards last year

I eat pieces of s;”: like you for breakfast
Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Long knocker wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:18 pm

Ouch

Its all in the hips
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

:lol: You guys are way too easy. Thanks for the motivational words of knowledge. :mrgreen:

Return to “Football”