Lane Ruby Southeastern

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Lane Ruby Southeastern

Post by EasternDspy »

It might be old news but he smashed every one at the super combine running a 4.38 Forty. Brian Atkins was fastest forty of any defender running as a Db he ran a 4.76.
Last edited by EasternDspy on Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Ruby Lane Southeastern

Post by Ironman92 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 pm It might be old news but he smashed every one at the super combine running a 4.38 Forty. Brian Atkins was fastest forty of any defender running as a Db he ran a 4.76.
You have to watch him live to see how fast he is. He’s a step faster than Wilburn and a step and a half faster than Matthews. Lane is a great football player in the SVC. At 5’9 1/2 I don’t know how he translates in the potential of the next level...but he has better jets than any player in southern Ohio and with studs like Matthews, Wilburn and Parker in the mix...that’s a big statement. I commend the kid for putting in the work to get where he is. He has no business being that explosive lol. A great kid too. I wish him good health this upcoming season...and then maybe a state 100m dash and long jump championship in the spring.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:21 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:38 pm It might be old news but he smashed every one at the super combine running a 4.38 Forty. Brian Atkins was fastest forty of any defender running as a Db he ran a 4.76.
You have to watch him live to see how fast he is. He’s a step faster than Wilburn and a step and a half faster than Matthews. Lane is a great football player in the SVC. At 5’9 1/2 I don’t know how he translates in the potential of the next level...but he has better jets than any player in southern Ohio and with studs like Matthews, Wilburn and Parker in the mix...that’s a big statement. I commend the kid for putting in the work to get where he is. He has no business being that explosive lol. A great kid too. I wish him good health this upcoming season...and then maybe a state 100m dash and long jump championship in the spring.
Wasn’t he Ohio Track athlete of the year?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:30 pm
Wasn’t he Ohio Track athlete of the year?
Not sure but 3rd in state in 100m and 2nd in LJ...not many were better. I’m sure that’s a coach association award maybe.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

He’s just like his dad. His dad still holds the long jump record at burg.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I have never knew of a Ruby that wasn't fast and awesome in track.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good point

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:30 pm I have never knew of a Ruby that wasn't fast and awesome in track.
Yeah, this

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:30 pm I have never knew of a Ruby that wasn't fast and awesome in track.
I won’t but I could name a few

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

He’s fast in the 200 as well. Ran a 22.3 at the svc meet. I think he got a DQ in the districts or regionals or would’ve been running at state in that as well.

He’ll rush for as many yards as he wants to this year on the gridiron

Chief02
Varsity

Post by Chief02 »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 pm
He’s fast in the 200 as well. Ran a 22.3 at the svc meet. I think he got a DQ in the districts or regionals or would’ve been running at state in that as well.

He’ll rush for as many yards as he wants to this year on the gridiron
Yes, he was DQ’d in regionals. His time from districts would have won the region. It ate at him, but he will use it going into next track season. He puts the time in off the field to be successful on it. He has been to a lot of camps/visits this spring/summer. Still waiting on big schools to bite though. The camps he does go to, he proves himself and stands out. Size is the Achilles heel holding larger schools back though I believe. Great kid and family!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

Yea, all those Ruby's was fast. Even from back when I played. I had jets and was dubbed as the second fastest player in the SVAC back them. But there was a Ruby boy, can't remember his first name, who was a little less than half a step faster. :mrgreen:

se-alum
All Conference

Re: Lane Ruby Southeastern

Post by se-alum »

Lane has been selected to play in the Blue-Grey All-American Bowl in January. Great opportunity for him. One of 110 kids selected to play out of 6,700 around the country.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Matthews, burg was selected also.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Matthews, burg was selected also.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye’s Brian Adkins also selected and qualified for finals summer of 2020
Last edited by EasternDspy on Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Excellent player and student athlete. He realizes going forward playing QB probably isn't his best option and has already gone to these camps working at WR. Good luck to this young man in 2019 and I hope everyone enjoys watching him play this year. He works as hard as any kid in the state

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

Does he have any offers? Where is he interested in going?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 am Does he have any offers? Where is he interested in going?
Publicly I’ve seen 1 offer. Can’t remember the school. NAIA I believe. There may be more that’s just all I’ve seen

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

If I’m not mistaken, his dad played at Morehead St.

Return to “Football”