Your Least Favorite HS Venue

Crab's Brother
SEO

Re: Your Least Favorite HS Venue

Post by Crab's Brother »

Of the stadiums we go to on a regular basis, I absolutely hate watching a game at West. I swear it feels like you are closer to the river than the field.

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Post by LeftHanded »

Rocket Booster wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:20 pm Left handed hasn’t been to Wellston in a while because it is paved around the field but the parking lot needs work.
Good to know! I'll need to take a trip this season.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

BigChuck wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm What's the worst HS venue for you to watch a game at? Why?

Mine is Ironton, terrible visiting seating and a very annoying announcer. And the food at that dairy bar across the street sucks!
Your entire statement is disregarded for the simple fact you don’t like the shake shop , come on man

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

BigChuck wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:41 pm What's the worst HS venue for you to watch a game at? Why?

Mine is Ironton, terrible visiting seating and a very annoying announcer. And the food at that dairy bar across the street sucks!
Must have not been to a lot of stadiums. If Ironton is at the top of your list.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I agree, I went to school at the OU branch there in Ironton. I ate at the shake shop at least twice a week. haha

Game day
All State

Post by Game day »

transplant wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:02 am I agree, I went to school at the OU branch there in Ironton. I ate at the shake shop at least twice a week. haha
What does the shake shop have to do with HS venue?

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I was just chiming in on what big chuck and max opinion were talking about. He mentioned that in his reasoning why he didn't like the stadium. Sorry to talk about something not on topic.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Not a fan of any stadium with seating on only one side.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Valley's old field or South Gallia

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Green. No visitor seating and just an overall dead atmosphere every time I've been there (although last year's team probably made it better since they had a winning season). East's stadium also in rough shape, but there been plenty of good football played there over the years which makes for a decent atmosphere regardless of the condition of the stadium.*

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

I would say fairland stands out as needing some upgrades as well and I hate west also but only because of how far away you are from the field. Burg is my favorite because that’s home and you just feel like you right on top of the action. Jackson in my opinion is hands down the best stadium in southeastern Ohio. Although my last visit was not pleasant due to the results and the grill smoke on the visitor side being blown right across the stands. My eyes were watering the entire game. (From the smoke not how we played , although it was close)

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

BELFRY, KY
I had just moved back to Ironton after 8 years in Kalamazoo for school/work & I was excited for a road trip tiger game.
I should’ve realized there was a reason no one wanted to go when I had offered the transportation, complimentary snacks, party favors, Free Food etc, & no one took a bite.

I had the pleasure of:

1.Parking in the middle of a strange road with other Tiger Fans. We all kinda followed one another blindly, like:”WT—“ & where will this lead us”?

2. Sat on a busted cement slab that may have once been the foundation for bleachers, a building, or an entrance to a tunnel. All to enjoy the game. I think my butt print is still there!

3. Walking back to my car all by my lonesome as dozens of pairs of eyes 👀 followed me back to my car in the moonlight, after a solid thumping by the Fighting Tigers.
I was still under 30, so they didn’t dare! But, I was Ready for come what may. I Still don’t know where those tiger fans I walked into the game with went to! Lol!!

I always loved going to Portsmouth and sitting on the home side back in the day. I loved that old stadium.
Blazer and Burg are not fun visiting stands to sit in either. However, it’s been 20-years for any mentioned, so they all could be better by now.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:36 pm BELFRY, KY
I had just moved back to Ironton after 8 years in Kalamazoo for school/work & I was excited for a road trip tiger game.
I should’ve realized there was a reason no one wanted to go when I had offered the transportation, complimentary snacks, party favors, Free Food etc, & no one took a bite.

I had the pleasure of:

1.Parking in the middle of a strange road with other Tiger Fans. We all kinda followed one another blindly, like:”WT—“ & where will this lead us”?

2. Sat on a busted cement slab that may have once been the foundation for bleachers, a building, or an entrance to a tunnel. All to enjoy the game. I think my butt print is still there!

3. Walking back to my car all by my lonesome as dozens of pairs of eyes 👀 followed me back to my car in the moonlight, after a solid thumping by the Fighting Tigers.
I was still under 30, so they didn’t dare! But, I was Ready for come what may. I Still don’t know where those tiger fans I walked into the game with went to! Lol!!

I always loved going to Portsmouth and sitting on the home side back in the day. I loved that old stadium.
Blazer and Burg are not fun visiting stands to sit in either. However, it’s been 20-years for any mentioned, so they all could be better by now.
That has to be the old Belfry stadium. The new one is AWESOME.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fed Hock

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 pm

I had the pleasure of:

Sorry I wasn’t more clear. I have only been to one “ BELFRY STADIUM” and it was pretty bad. Glad to hear they upgraded. I was referring to 1995-ish+.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:40 pm
LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:50 pm

I had the pleasure of:

Sorry I wasn’t more clear. I have only been to one “ BELFRY STADIUM” and it was pretty bad. Glad to hear they upgraded. I was referring to 1995-ish+.
Sadly I did not get to see a game at their old stadium.

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:06 pm Not a fan of west as a whole, also not a fan of the visiting bleachers at Coal Grove (feel like I’m going to break my neck when walking on them lol) & River Valley (too small). Was never a big fan of sitting right under the highway at Chesapeake, but when we went last season, I do believe they moved them a bit farther away than when I had previously been (years ago lol).
I agree about the visitors bleachers at Coal Grove. They would be perfectly fine if there were steps with handrails, but it’s all bleacher. It’s even more scary when it rains.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

PantherPride wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:43 pm
PTrojan59 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:06 pm Not a fan of west as a whole, also not a fan of the visiting bleachers at Coal Grove (feel like I’m going to break my neck when walking on them lol) & River Valley (too small). Was never a big fan of sitting right under the highway at Chesapeake, but when we went last season, I do believe they moved them a bit farther away than when I had previously been (years ago lol).
I agree about the visitors bleachers at Coal Grove. They would be perfectly fine if there were steps with handrails, but it’s all bleacher. It’s even more scary when it rains.
Agree, steps would change my view on Coal Grove, the rest of the facility is nice.

Who Dey!
Prep Expert

Post by Prep Expert »

Every stadium in Gallia County are absolutely horrible. No excuse for football still being played at memorial field with the wealth that exists in Gallipolis and Gallia County. As far as River Valley and South Gallia you can thank the administration and the board for building such poor stadiums. They cut every corner they could to build such cheap fields and facilities.

Buckeyes8989
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyes8989 »

Prep Expert wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:43 am Every stadium in Gallia County are absolutely horrible. No excuse for football still being played at memorial field with the wealth that exists in Gallipolis and Gallia County. As far as River Valley and South Gallia you can thank the administration and the board for building such poor stadiums. They cut every corner they could to build such cheap fields and facilities.
Does south gallia have a band?

Return to “Football”