Your Favorite HS Venue

LeftHanded
Freshman Team

Your Favorite HS Venue

Post by LeftHanded »

I am copying the worst football venue topic. What are some of your favorite high school football venues?

OSU22
Varsity

Re: Your Favorite HS Venue

Post by OSU22 »

I like the Tank, love the locker room aspect of it being under the bleachers and you run out from underneath them. Newark's field is like that as well, it's pretty good. And Jackson's Facility is great!

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I am biased but I love Boston Field on a Friday night. Others around the area would be Ironton and Jackson. Haven’t been to Ironton since they added the turf. Waverly has a nice atmosphere as well

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

I’m biased. But no place is better for me than watching Coal Grove play at Patterson Field. Take “home” fields out of it. I’ve always enjoyed watching a game at Valley. Good parking, good seating and an overall nice facility.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

1. Valley
2. Jackson
3. Sciotoville
4. Symmes Valley
5. Green
6. Ironton
7. Portsmouth

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I still think valley has the nicest field they have plenty of visitor seating and nice concession stands on both sides really keeps lines down and the brick wall looks nice instead of the chain link most stadiums have

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Valley does have an awesome facility

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson is the best. Trimble and NY have really nice stadiums for being small schools

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Izladoom wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:19 pm I still think valley has the nicest field they have plenty of visitor seating and nice concession stands on both sides really keeps lines down and the brick wall looks nice instead of the chain link most stadiums have
I’ve never been but looks really nice

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I enjoyed Meigs old field. Thought it was unique setting up on the hill to watch the game. It was also right on the river which was nice.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Wheelersburg easily love where the stadium is love there is no track around it. Others I like Portsmouth, Valley, Waverl, Nelsonville-York has a nice field as well and Athens

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Other than Portsmouth for obvious biased reasons, I’d say my favorite is probably Valley. Nice field, nice visitors side, good parking, short drive.

Who Dey!
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

NY BUCK wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:46 pm Valley does have an awesome facility
Valley's facility has the most "old school" character of the "newer" facilities. Jackson's Alumni Stadium is awesome in scale and features but comes across as sterile in atmosphere.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Even though I am an Oak Hill fan, I’ve always enjoyed going to three places over the years. 1. Sciotoville- poor lighting, old field which predates WW1, right next to the road, but it has an atmosphere which is amazing to see, especially when the stands are filled to capacity. 2. Spartan Stadium- the old locker rooms, the smell of cigars and cigarettes permanently stained into the bricks, and the obvious history there. 3. Ironton’s Tank Stadium- there’s very few home side awning anymore, both teams coming out from underneath the stands, the old Tanks pictures on the outside of the home side stands. All three of these places have something that not a lot of new stadiums have: character.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I also really like rock hills stadium. Seeing people watching the game from the top of the hill was really cool

Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

The food is good at NY and Meigs

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

Always enjoyed going to Jackson, Valley and Minford to watch a game. Logan has a tremendous facility enjoyed the visit back in 2012 when Piketon played St. Clairsville in the playoffs

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Jackson's stadium as far as facilities goes is #1 in the area IMO and as far as atmosphere and crowds Burg is #1 in that category!

Burg grad 85
Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

I really like waverly. I agree with rock hill. Beautiful stadium. Valley is nice too. Portsmouth is awesome. Rumor is there going to returf it next season so it will look sharp.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Waverly
Portsmouth
Valley
Are probably my 3 favorites. Really enjoy watching games at all of those venues. Good food, good atmosphere, good view of the field.

Return to “Football”