Soc 1 preseason predictions

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Soc 1 preseason predictions

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Does anybody know why these kids are quitting? Their program seemed to be heading in the right direction last year.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I really hope that’s not true with Green.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Symmes Valley has a little over 30. I don’t think the juniors or seniors has had many wins though.

Michael Scott
Mavrick2016
JV Team

Post by Mavrick2016 »

A grandparent of one of the Green players, told me they had 14 kids.
It seem they don't want to put the work in that's needed.
Give credit too the kids that still are working to get ready
for the season.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Green only having 14 kids out makes no sense with the success they had last year and the players that should've been returning this year. Some of the names of players not playing I heard a few weeks ago probably led to some other kids saying to heck with it. They might be able to start season with 14, but gonna be real tough to finish the season. ND did it a few years ago with like 16 kids, but barely finished the season if I recall correctly. Sad thing for Green is there not much help numbers-wise coming from junior high either from what I hear.*

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

East with 22 players (14 of which are underclassmen) according to Portsmouth Daily Times.*

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

The league title should come down to Symmes Valley this year. They were 4-6 last year and could have easily been 7-3. They lost to Green in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, lost to Sciotoville by 4, and lost to Northwest in week 10 in the 4th OT.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

If Green would drop football would their players be able to transfer without penalty. What school would benefit from that ?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 am The league title should come down to Symmes Valley this year. They were 4-6 last year and could have easily been 7-3. They lost to Green in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, lost to Sciotoville by 4, and lost to Northwest in week 10 in the 4th OT.
They only beat FCA 19-13, though?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:58 am The league title should come down to Symmes Valley this year. They were 4-6 last year and could have easily been 7-3. They lost to Green in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, lost to Sciotoville by 4, and lost to Northwest in week 10 in the 4th OT.
Yeah but let's be honest I think they were young, 2 of the 3 games you mention are games they were expected to win with east and northwest. However, they didn't get it done and that's just part of learning curve. I feel SV will be right in the mix for a league title right along with northwest.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

With the FCA game early on, week 2, they struggled moving the ball at times but still got the win. Just like their win in week 1 against South Gallia. Symmes was very young and had a huge learning curve. I think that they’ll be right there in the mix. It could ultimately come down to the Northwest/Symmes game. You take away Oak Hill from the schedule and add Fairview, KY, Symmes has the potential to win 6-9 games in the regular season. I’ll be very interested in seeing how they fair against Chesapeake this year. Traditionally, Symmes has struggled against Peake.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

TheFlyingDutchman wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:14 am If Green would drop football would their players be able to transfer without penalty. What school would benefit from that ?
If they completely drop the school they should be able to transfer w/o penalty but I don’t know for sure. I couldn’t imagine the ohsaa not letting them but then again we are taking about the ohsaa

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Everyone sleeping on Eastern? Not sure what they return but they seem to have built a program

Michael Scott
ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I’m not sure 5-5 against some poor non-conference teams would justify “Having built a program”.

I have been told by multiple people that there are some issues in the football program.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 pm I’m not sure 5-5 against some poor non-conference teams would justify “Having built a program”.

I have been told by multiple people that there are some issues in the football program.
Yeah I think you're correct when you have a team go 5-5 year in and year out, I wouldn't call that having a built program. Only thing where I have to disagree is that looking at their schedule they playing harder non-league games than league games. Their wins are coming within the league. Yes, they have built it from the ground up but to say we have a program and then to say we have built a program the way it's needed to succeed is 2 different things. Now I'm not sure what you've heard in terms of issues within the program so I have no idea on that part. However, on the first part I can agree with that 100%.
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Northwest being in this league division may well be the saddest/most embarrassing story in the whole State of Ohio.

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigChuck wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:50 am Northwest being in this league division may well be the saddest/most embarrassing story in the whole State of Ohio.
With their numbers coming up and talent they may not lose this league for awhile.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:01 pm I’m not sure 5-5 against some poor non-conference teams would justify “Having built a program”.

Yeah I think you're correct when you have a team go 5-5 year in and year out, I wouldn't call that having a built program. Only thing where I have to disagree is that looking at their schedule they playing harder non-league games than league games. Their wins are coming within the league. Yes, they have built it from the ground up but to say we have a program and then to say we have built a program the way it's needed to succeed is 2 different things. Now I'm not sure what you've heard in terms of issues within the program so I have no idea on that part. However, on the first part I can agree with that 100%.
I believe they have put 6 kids in college football over the past few years. They have good support. Not sure but I think they beat northwest the last 3 years. Not to bad for a fairly new program.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Watson45 wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:39 pm
greygoose wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:42 am

I believe they have put 6 kids in college football over the past few years. They have good support. Not sure but I think they beat northwest the last 3 years. Not to bad for a fairly new program.
Wins vs Losses was the discussion and when you're going .500 each year no one is happy, they just need to take that next step. They have a young team this year look for them to make some noise next year but probably another .500 on the horizon for 2019. Beating a down Northwest team doesn't tell me anything, rest of the league has beaten northwest over the last 3 years. I was more curious as to what the gentlemen was saying in terms of issues within the program.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:59 pm Has Western hired a coach? Last I heard their head coach left for Northwest.
Not sure who they've got at coach now, gone through a couple this year. Also rumblings that they had to cancel junior high season because of lack of players and ND has canceled as well.

Return to “Football”