2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

PTrojan59
S

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by PTrojan59 »

Jack Sparrow wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:38 pm Any truth to Talyn Parker enrolled at burg?
Can’t confirm 100% but from what I hear it’s true. Someone said he put on his Instagram WHS class of 2020. Until I see proof I won’t believe it. This rumor has been going around for a few years now. Suppose we will find out soon enough.
Last edited by PTrojan59 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Who Dey!
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wow. that's big. I wish Portsmouth n burg would renew their series together. parker is an awesome athlete.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
paulwheeler
Riding the Bench

Post by paulwheeler »

Depending on how he is enrolled he can play the first 5 games and has to sit out the last 5 and all the playoffs.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

paulwheeler wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:08 am Depending on how he is enrolled he can play the first 5 games and has to sit out the last 5 and all the playoffs.
I would guess if he is making that move he moved into district

BurgBaskets
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgBaskets »

Makaya Mathews and Talyn Parker are the 2 best athletes (by far) in Southern Ohio. With them both on the same team, skies the limit for this Burg team!

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Burgbaskets posts like this is why people bash us all the time. You Obviously haven't seen Reid Carrico. Hands down the best overall athlete in our are not even close man. These two are fast. no where near the physical specimen of Reid

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:49 am Burgbaskets posts like this is why people bash us all the time. You Obviously haven't seen Reid Carrico. Hands down the best overall athlete in our are not even close man. These two are fast. no where near the physical specimen of Reid
I agree but it doesn’t mean he’s the best highschool football player in the area. Best athlete, most big time college potential, absolutely.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Blitz wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:49 am Burgbaskets posts like this is why people bash us all the time. You Obviously haven't seen Reid Carrico. Hands down the best overall athlete in our are not even close man. These two are fast. no where near the physical specimen of Reid
I’ve seen all three and tayln is a stud. Reid is too. As far as Matthews is concerned, I think he is the best overall athlete pound for pound. He may not be the biggest but the kids reaction and speed bursts are better. IMO But I doubt tayln comes to the burg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:10 am
I’ve seen all three and tayln is a stud. Reid is too. As far as Matthews is concerned, I think he is the best overall athlete pound for pound. He may not be the biggest but the kids reaction and speed bursts are better. IMO But I doubt tayln comes to the burg.
Nope just a kid getting a rise out of everybody on social media

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

fbnut wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:17 am
wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:10 am
Nope just a kid getting a rise out of everybody on social media
Has to be, my kid said he did such and such on social media, it must be true. I’d be shocked myself

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

I'd be shocked if he came to Burg. I've heard this rumor for the last 2 years.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Reid is probably the best area kid by a lot. Parker and Wilburn are the second best

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

BurgBaskets wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:45 am Makaya Mathews and Talyn Parker are the 2 best athletes (by far) in Southern Ohio. With them both on the same team, skies the limit for this Burg team!
Define athlete?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:52 pm Define athlete?
athlete noun
ath·​lete | \ ˈath-ˌlēt , nonstandard ˈa-thə-ˌlēt \
Definition of athlete
1 : a person who is trained or skilled in exercises, sports, or games requiring physical strength, agility, or plays for Wheelersburg

DoDa
Waterboy

Post by DoDa »

I just can't believe how many of you pretend to know much more than college coaches do.They don't have to scout anyone just read this site !!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

DoDa wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:18 pm I just can't believe how many of you pretend to know much more than college coaches do.They don't have to scout anyone just read this site !!
Well nik richards a basketball player for Kentucky wildcats was scouted as a 5 Star player and he’s probably going to never start for the cats. Being highly rated doesn’t translate to greatness. Disagree with the conversation, but don’t act like people can’t have a worthwhile opinion. Matthews is a tremendous athlete but he’s undersized. That’s the difference. If he was Carrico’s size, I’d rate him above him. Reid is great. Parker is great. Matthews is great.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:52 pm
BurgBaskets wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:45 am Makaya Mathews and Talyn Parker are the 2 best athletes (by far) in Southern Ohio. With them both on the same team, skies the limit for this Burg team!
Define athlete?
I think there are diffences in athletics. Being great in one sport doesn’t mean you’re that great of overall athlete. Usually it does, but not always, especially at higher levels. Are swimmers athletes? Could Ronaldo play American football?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

wobycat wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:52 pm
Define athlete?
I think there are diffences in athletics. Being great in one sport doesn’t mean you’re that great of overall athlete. Usually it does, but not always, especially at higher levels. Are swimmers athletes? Could Ronaldo play American football?
This ^^^^

The best all around athlete in terms of proportional strength, speed, quickness, and agility that I saw perform in person was Mary Lou Retton. All 90 pounds of her. Yet it would be foolish to think she could survive on the gridiron. The contrary example is golfer John Daley. I doubt he ever ran two steps in his life, but was one heck of a golfer in his prime.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
langra
Riding the Bench

Post by langra »

Seems like here's a lot of people that stayed at a Holiday Inn last night :lol:

laser breath
Varsity

Post by laser breath »

Burg is coming along nicely.

Return to “Football”