Head Coaching Vacancies

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Head Coaching Vacancies

Post by mlittle »

AnkleBraces wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:46 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 pm
Bobby k wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 pm

No way Buckler leaves what Piketons got going on with the Miller era. He bleeds Red and Grey
You’re right. Plus Eastern already has a JV coach
He will be at Piketon. He told me how much he missed Piketon when he was at another school. I’m sure you can relate to that these days?
Only thing we miss about Piketon is the low expectations and free school lunches. $3 a day per kid adds up. Bout to start a go fund me page.

PikeCo23
Waterboy

Post by PikeCo23 »

Buckler would be a good one to look into. He's done well with the JV program for years. Have not heard too many names for the Eastern job yet. Not sure if they are compiling a list or trying to keep it quiet for someone they know or want to ask first.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

PikeCo23 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:20 am Buckler would be a good one to look into. He's done well with the JV program for years. Have not heard too many names for the Eastern job yet. Not sure if they are compiling a list or trying to keep it quiet for someone they know or want to ask first.
Very early in the process for them at this point, heck it just happened a few days ago. They'll have to go through the process of posting and everything, maybe they'll have someone on the inside they're looking at. Probably won't hear any names for a couple weeks would be my guess

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

mlittle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 am
mlittle wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 pm

You’re right. Plus Eastern already has a JV coach
He will be at Piketon. He told me how much he missed Piketon when he was at another school. I’m sure you can relate to that these days?
Only thing we miss about Piketon is the low expectations and free school lunches. $3 a day per kid adds up. Bout to start a go fund me page.
How'd this past season turn out for you, mliitle? 0-2 against the Streaks, if I remember correctly. Guess we exceeded our low expectations. :roll:

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

mikepike wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:01 am
mlittle wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 am

How'd this past season turn out for you, mliitle? 0-2 against the Streaks, if I remember correctly. Guess we exceeded our low expectations. :roll:
How could I forget? That literally scarred me for life

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

What jobs are still open besides Ironton, Eastern, and Hillsboro?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Netcutter wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:11 am What jobs are still open besides Ironton, Eastern, and Hillsboro?
Piketons isn't a done deal just yet, I've heard there's been a hiccup on whether or not piketon is also going to be able to get Miller a full-time teaching job. Find out more this week.

Netcutter
Waterboy

Post by Netcutter »

Forgot to add Westfall to the list and supposedly Nelsonville York was now open.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:20 am
Netcutter wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:11 am What jobs are still open besides Ironton, Eastern, and Hillsboro?
Piketons isn't a done deal just yet, I've heard there's been a hiccup on whether or not piketon is also going to be able to get Miller a full-time teaching job. Find out more this week.
Wow, that should have been a given. No way he leaves Waverly without that full time teaching job....

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:12 pm
Wow, that should have been a given. No way he leaves Waverly without that full time teaching job....
Exactly, which means there won’t be an issue.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Sure he has a teaching job, just not the one he wanted.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Is Nelsonville open or just a rumor. It's not posted anywhere and nothing in paper.

Myra Fleener
Riding the Bench

Post by Myra Fleener »

Hillsboro hired Miles Burton, an assistant from Goshen.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Amanda CC has been open as well since April ... I know the Aces aren't in the SE district but Coach Carpenter did such an outstanding with that program ... I wish Coach Carpenter nothing but the best - hopefully he will get back into working courtside down the road as high school hoops needs quality coaches working with our young men - Cody Carpenter was/is definitely that type of coach ...

Logangrad
All State

Post by Logangrad »

Was told NY coach was headed to Amanda CC and the NY job was open. But nothing "official" on OHSAA. Newark Catholic is listed as well on OHSAA.

Live Like A Champion!
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Logangrad wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 am Was told NY coach was headed to Amanda CC and the NY job was open. But nothing "official" on OHSAA. Newark Catholic is listed as well on OHSAA.
Verified this morning.

Truth.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:07 am
Logangrad wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:09 am Was told NY coach was headed to Amanda CC and the NY job was open. But nothing "official" on OHSAA. Newark Catholic is listed as well on OHSAA.
Verified this morning.

Truth.
Yes, NY job is open....
He went back to Amanda. Good luck coach.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Very true, but when you're told one thing and you commit to that, then they do another thing kind of puts a damper on the situation. Honestly if I was in his shoes, Robertson isn't going to stay around much longer, and if what I'm hearing is true I'd stay at Waverly. Either that or tell them this is what you promised, deliver or I'm out. We'll see, considering I don't think there's been an official announcement yet anything could happen.

GoBrownies3
Waterboy

Post by GoBrownies3 »

greygoose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 am

Very true, but when you're told one thing and you commit to that, then they do another thing kind of puts a damper on the situation. Honestly if I was in his shoes, Robertson isn't going to stay around much longer, and if what I'm hearing is true I'd stay at Waverly. Either that or tell them this is what you promised, deliver or I'm out. We'll see, considering I don't think there's been an official announcement yet anything could happen.
I’ve heard a major reason for Miller coming in was a promising teaching position? Very disappointed in Piketon administration if this is the case.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

greygoose wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 2:05 am

I think it was/is well known the job at Waverly is/was his once Travis hangs it up. I’m pretty sure Travis will want to travel to watch Trey play at the next level.

Return to “Boys Basketball”