• POY Predictions
  • Standings

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Roscoe p coaltrain
Waterboy

Re: 2019 SOC 2

Post by Roscoe p coaltrain »

Been hearing there is gonna be new head coaches at Minford and the Burg.... any.truth to these rumors?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Nothing official from the schools that I know of, but i've also heard both Minford and Burg will have new baseball coaches this spring.*

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Sorry to see the Hopper kid leave Minford. I was very impressed with their performance last year at the VA. With the players they have coming back I have to go with them as the favorites.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 pm Sorry to see the Hopper kid leave Minford. I was very impressed with their performance last year at the VA. With the players they have coming back I have to go with them as the favorites.
yes, sorry to see him go but the future is bright!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

For years, Wheelersburg ruled the SOC in baseball but this past season, Minford claimed the title. It is my opinion, until someone beats Minford, they should be the top team this season. They have lots of returning players but I think Coach Hopper had to give up the position because of his job out of the area. I have not spoken to his dad in awhile but I believe I am correct.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

I would not count Wheelersburg out of the running for the SOC this year. They split with Minford last year, beating Minford at home 9-6, and then losing at Minford 10-9, the controversial game where the home plate umpire said Dyer did not touch home plate on his 3 run home run.

Wheelersburg's schedule this year includes Hilliard Darby, Fort Laramie, Greenup County and several other good non-conference games.

Seniors this year for Wheelersburg include:
Trey Carter
Connor Mullins
Jalen Miller
Athan Temponaros
Trent Salyers
Justin Salyers

Younger players such as Will Darling, Jarrett Stamper, Cole Ratcliff, Josiah Richendollar, Carson Mullins and many others will play big roles for the Burg team this year.

I expect Trey Carter to be one of the top couple pitchers in the state in Division 3 this year. Three of the Seniors have received Division 1 college baseball interest so again I would say, let's not count Wheelersburg out just yet. GO BURG!

Baseball_Dad
Riding the Bench

Post by Baseball_Dad »

Burg and Minford will surely be in the mix for the top spot but there are 2 other teams I could see taking home the trophy. West has 2 really good pitchers and the Hurd boy is a top notch player. They’re a team to be reckoned with for sure. The other is Valley. Valley beat Burg twice last year and I think only lost 1 starter. They return a really experienced lineup that has won some big games. They won the district and lost a close game to Minford in the regional. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either of these teams at the top of the league especially with the coaching turnover at Burg and Minford. You never know if that will affect a team.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Baseball_Dad wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:19 am Burg and Minford will surely be in the mix for the top spot but there are 2 other teams I could see taking home the trophy. West has 2 really good pitchers and the Hurd boy is a top notch player. They’re a team to be reckoned with for sure. The other is Valley. Valley beat Burg twice last year and I think only lost 1 starter. They return a really experienced lineup that has won some big games. They won the district and lost a close game to Minford in the regional. I wouldn’t be surprised to see either of these teams at the top of the league especially with the coaching turnover at Burg and Minford. You never know if that will affect a team.
Totally agree with you. I think that there are actually 4 teams that will compete for SOC championship and time will tell as games are played.

BondRoad Bandit
Freshman Team

Post by BondRoad Bandit »

Minfords wall was knocked over again in the last wind storm! Also hearing the school is not helping with repairs even tho they take gate money at all the games. Pretty sad

Tigersfan2019
Waterboy

Post by Tigersfan2019 »

Any body how waverlys baseball team will be this year... Also schedule yet..

jujubean
Freshman Team

Post by jujubean »

Waverly lost Howell, Osborne, Reed, Tackett just to name a few. However, they'll return a couple of good pitchers and others and will be right in the thick of things.

Waverly schedule https://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/5417800

Also, you can find every school's schedule by visiting arbiterlive.com

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

BondRoad Bandit wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm Minfords wall was knocked over again in the last wind storm! Also hearing the school is not helping with repairs even tho they take gate money at all the games. Pretty sad
Wow, this is terrible news. A new coach's last worry should be fixing the outfield wall, or should I say fundraising to get it fixed. Minford has the potential to be one of the nicest fields in southern Ohio.

Also, why did Hopper leave Minford? He was a great young coach that gave the kids a fighting chance.

I'm a Burg guy and still enjoyed the competition between the two.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Coach Hopper left the area for a better job. He hated giving up coaching, but he had to put his family first.

MClaw
Freshman Team

Post by MClaw »

BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:36 am
BondRoad Bandit wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:59 pm Minfords wall was knocked over again in the last wind storm! Also hearing the school is not helping with repairs even tho they take gate money at all the games. Pretty sad
Wow, this is terrible news. A new coach's last worry should be fixing the outfield wall, or should I say fundraising to get it fixed. Minford has the potential to be one of the nicest fields in southern Ohio.

Also, why did Hopper leave Minford? He was a great young coach that gave the kids a fighting chance.

Insurance paid for the wall to be repaired. It will be done this Friday, our first scrimmage against Gallion.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

MClaw wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:54 pm
BiddyBallDaddy wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:36 am

Insurance paid for the wall to be repaired. It will be done this Friday, our first scrimmage against Gallion.
Great to hear! Minford lives on! Field is top notch in a great setting, especially at night.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

SOC 2 will be a competitive league this year. Wheelersburg will have a competitive Non-Conference regular season schedule which includes opponents...

Hilliard Darby, Fort Laramie, Huntington St. Joe, Ashland, Johnson Central, Greenup, Lewis County, Zane Trace, Raceland, Adena amongst others...

They looked good vs. Unioto in a scrimmage earlier this week and will be playing Boyd County tonight...

With a few players still playing basketball, may take a few weeks to get firing on all cylinders...

Going to be an exciting year for The Burg!

sharpshooter10
Waterboy

Post by sharpshooter10 »

I’m gonna predict Valley to win the SOC. I was really impressed with what I saw out of them last year. But I agree that there are 4 teams with a legitimate shot. Gonna be a fun season for sure.

TIGER#27
JV Team

Post by TIGER#27 »

jujubean wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:21 pm Waverly lost Howell, Osborne, Reed, Tackett just to name a few. However, they'll return a couple of good pitchers and others and will be right in the thick of things.

Waverly schedule https://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/5417800

Also, you can find every school's schedule by visiting arbiterlive.com
Tackett is still there.

Attitude, Effort and Hustle
You control that.
PirateFan[69]
Varsity

Post by PirateFan[69] »

Burg4 wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:18 pm I would not count Wheelersburg out of the running for the SOC this year. They split with Minford last year, beating Minford at home 9-6, and then losing at Minford 10-9, the controversial game where the home plate umpire said Dyer did not touch home plate on his 3 run home run.

Wheelersburg's schedule this year includes Hilliard Darby, Fort Laramie, Greenup County and several other good non-conference games.

Seniors this year for Wheelersburg include:
Trey Carter
Connor Mullins
Jalen Miller
Athan Temponaros
Trent Salyers
Justin Salyers

Younger players such as Will Darling, Jarrett Stamper, Cole Ratcliff, Josiah Richendollar, Carson Mullins and many others will play big roles for the Burg team this year.

I expect Trey Carter to be one of the top couple pitchers in the state in Division 3 this year. Three of the Seniors have received Division 1 college baseball interest so again I would say, let's not count Wheelersburg out just yet. GO BURG!
Don't expect to see Carson Mullins on varsity this year lol

Return to “Baseball”